PDA

View Full Version : Removing front grill

CJay
01-03-2008, 08:08 AM
My Galant came in from Japan with the front VR-4 badge detatched, I went to remove the front grill yesterday to refit but it wouldn't budge. Its held in place with 5 or 6 clips, I didn't want to force it off for fear of snapping the clips. Am I missing something?

CJ

mpau009
01-03-2008, 08:14 AM
My Galant came in from Japan with the front VR-4 badge detatched, I went to remove the front grill yesterday to refit but it wouldn't budge. Its held in place with 5 or 6 clips, I didn't want to force it off for fear of snapping the clips. Am I missing something?

CJ

The little grey clips have small square tabs on them facing the front of the car, you can get it off by sticking a screwdriver down the back of the grille and pushing the tabs, definately dont force them.. then the whole lot should slide out forwards.

CJay
01-03-2008, 08:32 AM
The little grey clips have small square tabs on them facing the front of the car, you can get it off by sticking a screwdriver down the back of the grille and pushing the tabs, definately dont force them.. then the whole lot should slide out forwards.

Perfect - thanks, will get the screwdriver out later!

CJ

Davezj
01-03-2008, 10:02 AM
i'll second that, i generally push the down until they click and release.

CJay did you get the Mitsi owners manual pdf mails. i sent them thusday night.

CJay
01-03-2008, 10:10 AM
CJay did you get the Mitsi owners manual pdf mails. i sent them thusday night.

I sure did Dave /thankyou

CJ

Kenneth
02-03-2008, 09:30 PM
To re-attach the grill, take out the gray plastic bits left on the car and insert them back into the grill.

Push the grill back onto the car