PDA

View Full Version : Are vr4 coil packs the same as any other car?

monkey
01-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Well after having my legnum for 6 months it's cost me a fortune!

I've had to get a starter motor fixed, then the gear linkage breaks, then the intercooler breaks, and now it looks like coil packs are dead!

Now I've spent all my money on the other stuff, I have nothing left. And to top it off my boss ran out of work for 4 weeks so I have no job!

I need the cheapest solution for the coils packs, hopefully from the scrap yard off another car. So I need to know if they are the same as anything else.

peter thomson
01-03-2008, 12:29 PM
I looked into this when I thought one of mine failed but couldn't find any. I bought a couple of new FTO ones of ebay as they were a bargain price but they will not fit inside the rocker cover as the coils are round the opposite way on the VR4. They will work with spacers but you won't be able to fit the engine cover. This only really works on the 2 coils nearest the gearbox as the pipe from the turbos would not allow the coil to fit in the one near the front of the engine.

monkey
01-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Ah good. I've told the garage. I'll only know on monday wats happening. When I changed the plugs, the rear ones had oil in from the cam gasket leaking, so hopefully thats just stopping them spark.

One good bit of news is my insurance renewal came this morning. It's only 65 a year!