PDA

View Full Version : ayup all

danwins224
01-03-2008, 08:31 PM
hi, my names Dan and I'm from yorkshire,
I've not yet had the pleasure of owning a VR4, but have some cash burning a hole in my pocket so am scouting the adds as we speak. I have a question I'd like to ask.

I was looking at having one imported and found a company called Newera imports, seems they do a good job but I read that due to E-SVA restrictions you can't import one built after 1996, anyone know why?

Great site by the way

Paul Beazer
01-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Hello and welcome!

Newera have a good reputation for bringing in some really good cars at a price! But they are generally good auction grades.

The problem with certification is emissions for facelift VR4s, they always fail! The rules are slightly different for the prefacelifts (pre 1998 i think).

Nick Mann
01-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Imports less than ten years old require an ESVA test. AFAIK this is ten years to the day, so you can bring in a VR4 as young as Feb 1998 now. This test is based on a model report. If a model report doesn't exist you can't do the ESVA test, therefore can't register the car.

Unless someone has found a way very recently, there is no model report for the VR4 and at the moment no-one has found a way of getting the model report done. This is due to very tight emission limits. The VR4 will pass an MOT (with difficulty at times!) but it won't do well enough to create a model report.

Newera have got a very good reputation for bringing in minty fresh examples of Japanese cars. They aren't the cheapest, but it seems that you are getting what you are paying for.

/Welcome and enjoy your stay! Depending on where you are in Yorkshire, you might be interested in popping down to Derbyshire for our mini meet tomorrow - check the events section.

bradc
01-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Paul isn't quite right there. All VR-4's fail, but you don't have to pass the emissions test if you're bringing in a car older than 10 years.

So you can bring in anything made before February 1998 :)

elnevio
01-03-2008, 10:27 PM
/Welcome2

I can vouch for the quality of car that Newera import. Mine is like new! Really!! But they are at the higher end of the price scale. Well, they ARE the high end!

The service is however, fantastic. The price includes a 12 month warranty too.

I have seen they currently have a fairly rare COTY (car of the year) model available, which I understand were only available in white, and were the only JDM Leggies to come with black leather.

Of course, you might want to consider a car that is already in the UK. There are several members selling cars at the moment - have a look on the For Sale forum. This will definitely be cheaper, you won't have to wait, and there is likely to be its history documented on this site! Of course, it feels fantastic to be the first UK owner of a fresh one (I may be slightly biased there!) and it's also never been touched by UK weather and salty roads, but it's up to you how you want to go.

Are you dead set on a fresh import? Or happy to consider one already in the UK?

danwins224
02-03-2008, 09:13 PM
thanks for the info, maybe going to get one thats already over here, seen a nice one at ebony & ivory that I'm going to have a look at at the weekend. Just done an insure quote online and the quoted £2795 tpf&t!!! so got to shop round for insurance first!

MPBVr4
02-03-2008, 09:19 PM
thanks for the info, maybe going to get one thats already over here, seen a nice one at ebony & ivory that I'm going to have a look at at the weekend. Just done an insure quote online and the quoted £2795 tpf&t!!! so got to shop round for insurance first!

Ring SKY. Click on logo top right - this page

valleyforge1
03-03-2008, 12:25 AM
Hi and /Welcome2. Hope you get sorted soon.

Let us know how you get on at ebony and ivory. I have been checking the website out for some time as Iam thinking of going from my Sport to a VR4 and my mate as got some money in his pocket and was thinging of a trip over there when something he liked came up.

They just seemed abit pricey but most of the models seem to be in very good condition. Anyway let us know

Cheers The Forge/Elmo

chris g
04-03-2008, 05:33 PM
New Era do supply some nice cars but I had some problems with an import and not comfortable with treatment from uk contact

and did not pursue things fully with them - sold car on a little later

Also watch out that car as presented to you on purchase does acutally match the description - mine did not in a few ways

Nick VR4
04-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Hi and Welcome to the forum