PDA

View Full Version : FS: Mitsubishi Galant VR4 - Very RARE MANUAL - 300BHP+

VR4-PAUL
01-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Galant VR4 VERY RARE - MANUAL - 300BHP +

£5,300 - Saloon gray MANUAL version very rare as you will know.

Full spec/pics - check out ebay item number 160213430331

Or call Paul - 07851096069

many thanks

Beastlee
01-03-2008, 09:27 PM
What mods are on to justify 300bhp? All I can see is an open air filter but that normally lowers the power.
You mention a Re-Map, which ECU are you using?

bradc
01-03-2008, 09:36 PM
The black leather must have come from a UK car, check out the colour of the lower door card

Anyway, I'm more concerned about the uprated gearbox, what did you do exactly?

VR4-PAUL
02-03-2008, 04:32 AM
Hi there. Yeah it has an induction kit which ups the power anyway, it also has a uprated clutch and a lightened and balanced fly wheel, and the gear box is also uprated, very rare as well, but these mods were done when i bought the car. It is suppose to be 330brake but feels more like 300, it was also chipped before i bought the car.

Are you intersted.

ps the leathers were from a uk car.

VR4-PAUL
02-03-2008, 04:38 AM
Hi there. The induction kit will increase the power and it has also been chipped before i bought the car. suppose to be running 330. had a lightened and balance fly wheel too. i put 300brake to be on the safe side. are you interested at all?

stuartturbo
02-03-2008, 09:32 AM
Not wanting to nark you

The induction kit will increase the power

Found to be not the case on the VR4

it has also been chipped before i bought the car.
Something we are also interested in since it seems Nigh on impossible If we knew who did it they could make a killing

Suppose to be running 330. I put 300brake to be on the safe side

At a push most on here with run close to that have a look at the rolling road day to see what there is
mine
FMIC, boost @0.85, full exhaust from decat pipe and a ARC box run and hard piping 220BHP at the wheels
bear in mind with a HKS mushroom and lower boost my power was at 170bhp on std boost The hks generally lossing power due to the heat sucked into the engine

it also has a uprated clutch and a lightened and balanced fly wheel
Good mod will make the car full so much quicker not more powerful though

gear box is also uprated
again something brad I know will be so interested in since he and many others have spent considerable time investigating this even just to get a longer 5th

Nick Mann
02-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Hello Paul - there are quite a few people here who understand VR4s reasonably well, so forgive us asking these questions. The power claim is one thing people will question, as 300 BHP without boost increase or mapping is unheard of. 330 is very rare, even for cars with a good number of modifications.

Air filters have not proved to particularly help VR4's, and infact mushroom and cone type filters have been proved to reduce power.

The modifications that you need to tell us about to explain the power increase are the boost controller and/or the fuel mapping. Alternatively, if the previous owner has carried out these modifications, then get it to a rolling road and spend £40 on getting print outs of the cars power, torque, boost level and AFR's. Unfortunately, due to the wild claims many people have made in the past, guys on here are suspicious of power claims without evidence of what has been done to improve it.

Hope that helps, and that you can prove the disbelievers wrong! Good luck with the sale....

Nick.

Beastlee
02-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Nick, you have so much more tact than me. /haz

stuey
02-03-2008, 01:54 PM
Looks lik a nice good optioned car, if somewhat optimistic description.....

(has it got Brembos, or just red painted standard calipers ???)

VR4-PAUL
02-03-2008, 02:29 PM
To my knowledge the car has been chipped, i am peaking at 1.5 bar and running a bar boost. I raced 330 brake gt4 celica and he couldnt pass me.

This is a manual and therefore will be quicker through the gears anyway.
The car is 280bhp standard so has got to be running atleast 300horse power.

I cant believe the stick i am getting from 1 post.

All i can say is any test drives welcome.
The only service history i got with the car was in japenese, so it doesn't back my story completely up, but come see for yourselves. I will be at Santa Pod next sunday on the S.E.C stand.

Beastlee
02-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Paul, we're not trying to give you stick, Nick explained it perfectly in my mind. Too many times do you see claims of increased power because someone put an new exhaust and air-filter on the car that were marketed as offering big gains.
The manuals are marginally faster than the auto/tip cars but only because the gearing is shorter not because they are actually quicker through the gears, as mentioned above much has been done to look at the gearboxes as manuals are just too short in 5th.
Without the proof of the mods/power gain your car is considerably overpriced. Racing a 330bhp GT4 and him not passing doesn't mean your car is 300bhp+, just that the cars are well matched.
If you are going to post a car for sale in the world's biggest VR4 site with claims of major power increases and no evidence you have to expect to answer some big questions, after-all a 300+ bhp car would be desireable for many of us.

Nick Mann
02-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Paul - if you are going to Santa Pod, then do a couple of runs and post your time slip up. That will go a long way to giving you credibility on high power output.

Those boost levels are probably in the right area for the powers you are quoting. Any idea what is controlling the boost?

Kieran
02-03-2008, 03:07 PM
To my knowledge the car has been chipped, i am peaking at 1.5 bar and running a bar boost. I raced 330 brake gt4 celica and he couldnt pass me.

1.5Bar is quite a dangerous peak. Be careful! Racing another car proves absolutely sod all, other than you were faster in that race. But that doesn't mean your car is more powerful.

This is a manual and therefore will be quicker through the gears anyway.

Sure, it'll be quicker through the gears - that's to be expected.

The car is 280bhp standard so has got to be running atleast 300horse power.

I cant believe the stick i am getting from 1 post.

People are asking for satisfactory evidence to back up YOUR claims that the car is producing 300+BHP. All you've done is claim that an induction kit will increase the power (We have dyno results that prove the opposite) and then you've claimed it has an uprated gearbox, a high boost level and has been 'chipped' without saying how/by whom/etc.

People only ask because they're either interested and want to know more about what you've done (Geniune 330bhp VR-4s would attract several people on here), or because they're suspicious that some of the claims you've made are a tad optimistic.

No-one's giving you stick, we're just a curious bunch! All you need to do is provide the answers and substantiate your claims - nothing more!:scholar:

VR4-PAUL
02-03-2008, 03:08 PM
There are estate autos on ebay, autotrader everywhere going for 5,500, youb cant get a manual anywhere mate. Even if this was box standard i should be able to fetch that price.

Do you know if anyone is going santa pod on sunday. I am willing to race any vr4 just to prove the power.

many thanks

VR4-PAUL
02-03-2008, 03:10 PM
Fair enough. Well i cant prove any of that which is the down fall. i can see where you are all coming from. But i will post up times for you all next week if the car hasn't gone by then.
Thanks for your time

Kieran
02-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Do you know if anyone is going santa pod on sunday. I am willing to race any vr4 just to prove the power.

You don't need to race anyone - just do a few runs and post up the slip. That's all you need to do!:scholar:

VR4-PAUL
02-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Will do.

DickBarton
02-03-2008, 03:36 PM
My manual is up for sale, I agree with you, they are very rare - not for that price though. I hope you do manage to sell the car as it does sound good, likewise, I'm hoping mine gets sold soon as well...

WildCards
02-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Paul, have a read of this for sale thread mate. It might give you an idea of the efforts taken to reach similiar power figures and why £5000+ is a rather optimistic. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying your car hasn't got 330bhp or that it won't sell for the money your asking, but it may help your cause if you could provide more details and a rolling road printout.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29925

Nutter_John
03-03-2008, 01:03 AM
Mine is a 98 manual and has had almost as much as you can have done without going for bigger turbos and forged internals , I have a recorded 318bhp with 370ft/lbs on a dyno this was at around 0.95 bar , since then it has been tweaked to around 1.1 bar , with this I guess i am now close to 340 bhp and 400 ft/lb . Mine would never fetch 4k let alone 5.5k and I have spent close to 4k gettting it to where it is

I have not been online for a few days but no one is knocking you , people have just seen so many claims of 300+ with just a air filter . We all know on here how hard it is to get those sorts of figures so all they want is proof from a dyno not a bum dyno

shaun1978
03-03-2008, 01:48 AM
to be honest the manual vr4's arent that rare, and where i bought mine from had one in at 4k , that being a dealer as well.

Kieran
03-03-2008, 08:02 AM
Okay, I've tidied up this thread a bit as it was wandering way off topic. /Hijack
As you were!

Beastlee
03-03-2008, 08:03 AM
to be honest the manual vr4's arent that rare, and where i bought mine from had one in at 4k , that being a dealer as well.

Shaun, you make a good point there. Manuals aren't as rare as they used to be and the cars on fleabay that are priced up at the high £4Ks and £5K are from dealers with whom you have more rights should the car go wrong.

Nick Mann
03-03-2008, 09:07 AM
I would ask that people stop discussing the value of the car being sold in this thread. Unless you have seen the car in the flesh, then it is not fair to the seller.

If this was your thread, and your car was a good example, you would be upset that people who had never seen the car and were not going to buy it were talking down the value.

For all any of us know, this car is worth every penny of its asking price!

Beastlee
03-03-2008, 10:58 AM
My apologies, it was never my intention to bring the value into dispute. Please feel free to delete any comments that are unsuitable.

Kieran
11-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Any Pod results then?:inquisiti

elnevio
02-07-2009, 08:47 AM
Thread from the dead alert!

I guess the times were not all-conquering then...?

(only found this 'cos it's the OP's birthday today...)

foxdie
02-07-2009, 08:55 AM
Flippin' hell nev, I just spent 10 mins reading this thread wondering why Kieran broke his 20k'th post, only to realise this was started *LAST YEAR*

Eggs on my face :/

elnevio
02-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Flippin' hell nev, I just spent 10 mins reading this thread wondering why Kieran broke his 20k'th post, only to realise this was started *LAST YEAR*

Eggs on my face :/
Sir,

I believe you have been

OWNED! /Camera

/lol/lol/lol

rees
02-07-2009, 09:36 AM
/wall /wall /wall hmph you feel stupid??! ive just read this and the ralised ive read italready
LAST YEAR !!!
im always doing this! /wall

AlanDITD
02-07-2009, 10:02 AM
me to :(

was wating for some 16 second 1/4 times

ANTHONY
22-07-2009, 10:58 AM
so did this 300+bhp car sell?

White Lightning
22-07-2009, 12:22 PM
IIRC Zee bought it.

martin_y
22-07-2009, 12:57 PM
I thought maybe it was still going up the strip!

peter thomson
22-07-2009, 01:08 PM
IIRC Zee bought it.

And sold it a couple of months later

Turbo_Steve
22-07-2009, 08:32 PM
With an MOT?

peter thomson
22-07-2009, 08:41 PM
With an MOT?

/wall

Turbo_Steve