PDA

View Full Version : Help a Dullard - what oil for a Mini Cooper

DickBarton
02-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Wife's car needs some oil and I can't for the life of me find out what kind of oil it needs - looked in the handbook and online and I'm struggling to find anything...also need to know how much oil it needs as it is sitting just below the minimum level (about 2mm below the line), so it is going to need a lot - service due in about 2000 miles which will be about 2 months time so it can't wait.

Would ask in the local Halfords but I can't help but think someone is going to point to the wall and say anything other than a can of spray oil.

Cheers.

psbarham
02-03-2008, 10:00 AM
proper mini, or one of those 'tarts handbag/ i'm an estateagent'' ones?

psbarham
02-03-2008, 10:14 AM
just checked on autodata, and if its the dale winton in a caravan version /Handbag version then its 0w/40 fully synthetic 4.5 litres

DickBarton
02-03-2008, 10:21 AM
It is my wife's car so rest assured it is the new BM-Troubleyou version...thanks for the info...will now get to drive to Halfords and purchase the required tub...VR4 is finally going to get driven!!! ;)

psbarham
02-03-2008, 01:30 PM
It is my wife's car so rest assured it is the new BM-Troubleyou version...

so your wife is a gay hair dresser??:inquisiti :inquisiti :thinking: :thinking: :pimp2: :pimp2:

DickBarton
02-03-2008, 02:40 PM
I dunno...I've yet to do the headlight test on her! ;)

Beastlee
02-03-2008, 03:10 PM
We have a new Cooper S and they are a great car. I never thought I'd have one as we had the original when the new ones were first released.
They are actually very capable, frugal and they handle amazingly!

DickBarton
02-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Aye it drves ok but it looks all wrong...I don't drive it much...hencwhy the oil has never been looked at - turned it round a rounabout last night and the oil light popped on - I asked her when she checke the oil last and she said - 'It's not my job!'...