PDA

View Full Version : New SS Exhaust from MIJ performance, walsall

Nice But
02-03-2008, 11:08 PM
I had my exhaust made on friday last week by these guys MIJ Performance (http://www.mijperformance.com/car-exhaust-models.html) they are based in walsall - ok so not the best place in the world, but - they are superb. I was met by Imy the exhaust designer, who apologised and told me of a 1 hour delay as their mandrel bending machine had broken, but they were almost done fixing it, my car went on the ramp and we walked and talked through what I wanted and how it was to sound, the price was agreed and 3 and a half hours later I had my new 2.5" SS decat syatem. The build quality is superb, very neat welds, perfectly centred in the cutout and the sound is as I asked for.

I can highly recommend these guys, very efficient, excellent to deal with and reasonable prices. They will be making my 2.5" downpipes before the MAP2 goes on........... they give a lifetime warranty as well.

Oh cost of the system was £400 with decat. I love the sound of the car now, it now pulls like a train and revs so much more freely than before. /rally

Photo's before final welding of brackets....
uploaded/51866/1204495538.jpguploaded/51866/1204495634.jpg

Gly
02-03-2008, 11:14 PM
those look like press bends to me? is that what you paid for?
hard to tell from the pic's, looks tidy thou

ANTHONY
02-03-2008, 11:16 PM
looks good, what was on it before and why did you change was it knacked?

Nice But
02-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Whats a press bend Gly?

Gly
02-03-2008, 11:26 PM
press bend is a crush and stretch job, and makes the diameter of the pipe smaller and more restrictive thru the bend,

a mandrel bend is constant diameter thru the join, and is not restrictive

heres a good press vs mandrel bend....

http://jimscustomexhaust.com/exhaustexplanation.htm

Nice But
02-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Anthony - It just had a stock sytem on it and it was fine, as I'm looking to get 350hp I needed a bigger system and I wanted a better sound.

Gly - there is no compression on the bends as they are mandrel bent, they are the same dia all through. I was impressed by the wormanship, very neat and excellent welds.

Davezj
02-03-2008, 11:43 PM
Hi Nice but,
I have been looking for a replacement mid section and down pipes for my standard exhaust.

hope you didn't just leave your old one with them, i would buy it off you if it is in good condition. PM me and let me know.

Nice But
03-03-2008, 12:31 AM
D you have PM