PDA

View Full Version : LPG discount to end

Roadrunner
05-03-2008, 12:10 PM
From PistonHeads (http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=17698) website:

LPG DISCOUNT TO END

Motorists who wanted to be environmentally friendly and avoid the congestion charge will lose their prized discount.

Congestion... Emissions... What is it all about?It's believed that thousands of motorists shelled out hundreds of pounds - some paid thousands - to convert their vehicles to run on liquefied petroleum gas, many with the intention of not paying the congestion charge, but their discount will be phased out by 2010.

That's the plan of Transport for London (TfL) who say the move would only affect a 'very small number of car owners'.

The announcement is part of plans to charge £25 for the highest polluting cars entering central London zone.

One reason for the change by TfL is that vehicles converted to use LPG can still use petrol, which is associated with CO2 emissions.

Kieran
05-03-2008, 07:40 PM
So, Cocknose Ken gets his way again.... Jesus christ someone shoot him!

Exactly how does scrapping the subsidy on LPG help the environment? What incentive is there now for reducing one's carbon footprint?

Beastlee
05-03-2008, 07:59 PM
There isn't one that why we all(most) drive the VR4s!

Seeing as they've been hapring on about it for so long there doesn't seem to have been an improvement on the environment. I don't agree with blatant waste but if I want to drive a big car as my only pleasure I will. I don't smoke, barely drink and don't do much else either to be honest. I recycle wherever possible and I don't leave taps running or lights, etc on for ages. I reckon I do more than alot of people so ken needs to poke off with his polluting car crap. Alll he is serving to do is drive people out of London, leaving the illegal immigrants to take over.

HMG1K
05-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Global warming...? Why have some parts of the UK got snow in March..? Can't see this part of the planet 'warming' up...

Green taxes...? Another way to fleece people of their money but making them feel good about themselves that they are paying money to help the planet.

Considering China and India are up there with America as the biggest world polluters, what are they doing abou their carbon footprint?

Us Londoners have a chance to get Livingstone out in May.

MGV6
05-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Us Londoners have a chance to get Livingstone out in May.

Yes, and so will I! Can't wait. :)

miller
05-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Blaming all these extra taxes on global warming. Science has recently proved Mars is also going through its own global warmup. You dont see many motors running about there, only one there as far as i know is broken down and has Leicester reg plates on it.

Tax Mars ya barstewards

Mike

ritch_w
06-03-2008, 09:04 AM
shat myself at the head line, I've only been running LPG for a month... luckily I dont live or go near the Facist State of Kendom by car, but its ridiculus all the same, along with the proposed "low emissions zone" to surround the periphery of the city.