PDA

View Full Version : Cruise control part II

GalantOnly
07-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Well... Finally... Original Mitsu cruise control installed in my VR-4 after a week with wires all around my car/house/driveway... And it's acually working:afro:

Check out this "Cruise" lamp on the left of VR-4 dash...:scholar:

uploaded/50252/1204910413.jpg

It wasn't too easy peasy, but I guess it was worth it...:thinking:

Here is how the car looked like for a week...
uploaded/50252/1204910736.jpg

Kieran
07-03-2008, 06:33 PM
How did you get the 'CRUISE' indicator on the dash to light up? I didn't think that was fitted to VR-4s?

Kieran
07-03-2008, 06:35 PM
How did you get the 'CRUISE' indicator on the dash to light up? I didn't think that was fitted to VR-4s?

Oh, ignore that - I see that your dashboard is a hybrid of the European one and the VR-4 one.

Nice work!:afro:

GalantOnly
07-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Oh, ignore that - I see that your dashboard is a hybrid of the European one and the VR-4 one.

Nice work!:afro:

Exactly... Only speedo and Cruise lamp was transfered from euro one...:happy:

GalantOnly
07-03-2008, 06:42 PM
And look what's happened with a throttle...:afro:

uploaded/50252/1204911685.jpg

...from 6A13 non turbo

HMG1K
07-03-2008, 06:50 PM

Eh...?! I haven't even got a 'lights on' indicator! It's a guess if my lights are on or not - or if the 'lights on buzzer' buzzes!

Turbo_Steve
07-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Christ! You're brave! Every time I've taken that much dashboard out, it's never gone back without rattling somewhere.

Physician
07-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Hey! You are so brave as already stated ....... and that is a brilliant piece of work - well done.

We know that Danish Bacon is good but that is even better! Happy cruising.

GalantOnly
07-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Christ! You're brave! Every time I've taken that much dashboard out, it's never gone back without rattling somewhere.

Not only dash got out - this one too...

uploaded/50252/1204921258.jpg

...just to make it easyer to put a cruise ECU wires inside of it. Fenders, sideskirts and front bumper was off too...:inquisiti

MarkSanne
08-03-2008, 08:43 PM
PLEASE tell me how you've done this. I have factory cruise on my V6 non-turbo car (LHD) but I can't get it to work with my VR4 cables/ECU's. Several people and companies have tried, but none succeeded.

I would even pay you to create a bit of a 'how-to'!!!

The Vee
08-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Couple of things spring to mind. With the V6 vacuum servo is there an issue if the depression goes into positive ie boost and also what age is your car / ecu as I was not aware the pre face lift ECUs "understood" cruise control. Having said that maybe it only needs some of the signals already produced. I have the wiring diagram - will take a look.

The Vee
08-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Hmmm Vehicle speed sensor..........

MarkSanne
08-03-2008, 09:27 PM
oooeeee that's a good one!
will try to reconnect the cut sensorcable and then try cruise again.

will let it know if this is working out, however... why would 'Galant Only' have had so much work on his when it's this simple?

The Vee
08-03-2008, 09:39 PM
[QUOTE=MarkSanne]oooeeee that's a good one!
will try to reconnect the cut sensorcable and then try cruise again.

QUOTE]

Aye that's what I was thinking on the speed sensor wire.

By the looks of it, Galant Only has had to start from scratch.

GalantOnly
08-03-2008, 11:22 PM
will let it know if this is working out, however... why would 'Galant Only' have had so much work on his when it's this simple?

Reason why I took all the insides out is because I wanted to do all wiring factory-like. All connectors, wires and terminals are original. No splice connectors or other amateur bullsh!t... And at the same time I've installed turbo timer, boost control, Defis link and EMU - will take years with dashboard in place...

V6 non turbo loom is unfortunately VERY different from VR4, so your cruise control problem could come from...just about anywhere...

How much loom did you transferred from VR4? Then I will possibly tell you which wires you have to relocate...

And apparently... engine ECU has nothing to do with cruise control. So it doesn't matter if it's auto, manual, pre- or post facelifted - it should work.

GalantOnly
08-03-2008, 11:34 PM
PLEASE tell me how you've done this. I have factory cruise on my V6 non-turbo car (LHD) but I can't get it to work with my VR4 cables/ECU's. Several people and companies have tried, but none succeeded.

I would even pay you to create a bit of a 'how-to'!!!

Do you have a VR4 throttle? VR4 brake light switch? Auto or manual?

MarkSanne
09-03-2008, 08:42 AM
Do you have a VR4 throttle? VR4 brake light switch? Auto or manual?

Trottle VR4: yes
VR4 brake light switch: don't have it (only handbrake light on dash)
Auto/manual: Manual, but the engine ECU is from an Auto.

GalantOnly
09-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Trottle VR4: yes
VR4 brake light switch: don't have it (only handbrake light on dash)
Auto/manual: Manual, but the engine ECU is from an Auto.

VR-4 throttle can't cruise - it's only able to TCL... That's why I changed it to one from V6, which have both: TCL and cruise control... You can see the difference here...

uploaded/50252/1205097544.jpg

By brake light switch I mean one which is on top of braking pedal - everyone got one... If you look on it's connector... There should be 4 wires in it. If there's only 2 (as VR-4 loom), your cruise wouldn't work either...

Kieran
09-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Ah - So you have used the factory-fit 6A13 cruise control system, not an aftermarket (add on) fitting?

GalantOnly
09-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Yes! That's was the whole idea... Factory cruise control from european V6-24 into VR-4. With switch on the steering wheel and all other funky stuff...:afro:

No no no... Never aftermarked cruise, no... They just so damn ugly...

MarkSanne
10-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Can't wait to go back home from work and check out the brake-light switch connector and just to be sure the throttle-type! Don't know for sure which cable-loom I have, will try to find out with a good friend of mine who knows pretty much about my cars history.

Besides that, I have to get the front bumper loose, as the missus had a little encounter with a piece of concrete while driving out of a parking place (can and will be fixed).