PDA

View Full Version : Hks Sqv Bov Help!!!

d i c k i e s
08-03-2008, 12:00 AM
I need help?

got me a sqv bov, is everything a straight swap to the standard bov?
do i need anything special?

i got the adaptor.

how does the adaptor fit on the bov?

mpau009
08-03-2008, 12:09 AM
I need help?

got me a sqv bov, is everything a straight swap to the standard bov?
do i need anything special?

i got the adaptor.

how does the adaptor fit on the bov?

There is a larger o ring that seals the base of the valve and the adaptor, then a circlip that locks the parts together.. You'll need a tool to put the circlip in, but instead of buying proper circlip pliers, i just ground down an old pair of needle noses.

Other than that i dont see why it wouldnt just be a straight swap? and block off the return

d i c k i e s
08-03-2008, 12:21 AM
please dont go away... im trying this as i type this... hang on bro! lol

VR4 MAD
08-03-2008, 01:03 AM
Remember if your installing it low down where the standard BOV goes, that the SSQ vents to the atmosphere which means it's open to get water and dirt etc into it down there.

The standard BOV, being a completely sealed unit (no openings to the air) being down low in the area of water and dirt didn't matter.

Have a look and you'll find most people install vent-to-atmosphere BOVs high up inside the engine to protect them from sh!t getting into them.

See your own pictures of James installation:

Here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=21209&d=1203978531)

and a close-up

here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=21211&d=1203978531)

Just my 2cents worth.

/toycar

d i c k i e s
08-03-2008, 01:06 AM
yeah its only temporary. while i have it.
plan to put it up top.

GalantOnly
08-03-2008, 01:39 AM
Anyone here who got SSQV to recirculate instead WTO? I bought the recirc fitting for mine, but this is one and only from HKS, which is 25mm in diameter, while our standard return hose is 34mm... Is there any 25mm-34mm adapters for that purpose, or will it be some homemade sh!t as usual?!:inquisiti

d i c k i e s
09-03-2008, 06:59 AM
Finally fitted. I gotta adjust the vaccum hose. ie.need smaller one.
Will sort all that out later, as ive got more problems not caused by me.

VR4 MAD
09-03-2008, 09:06 AM
.....................................as ive got more problems not caused by me.

Are you getting stalling when coming off the accelerator or when coming to a stop at traffic lights etc.............rough running on overun by chance ????????

All common problems with VTA BOVs on our cars. How bad seems to vary from car to car and with the type of BOV. Some are worse than others.

/toycar

d i c k i e s
09-03-2008, 09:13 AM
No stalling issues. Car runs fine wynn!

this is what i meant by other issues not caused by me!
Angry Person! (http://clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30265)

VR4 MAD
09-03-2008, 09:31 AM
I see what you mean..................really sorry to see that.

That's the reason I never ever feel comfortable parking on the road........anywhere. So many mindless sh1theads around who can't drive to save themselves. And they are all spineless too..............grrrrrrrr