PDA

View Full Version : Auto box load sensing for fuzzy logic...

dr_josh001
10-03-2008, 07:39 AM
Hi all,

I did a pretty comprehensive search for info on this and couldn't find much along these lines... so if this has been covered please don't slap me too hard/pan .

Firstly I will explain my intensions; I am looking at installing an aftermarket ECU just for controlling ignition/fuel but still keeping the stock ECU for startup and idle / aircon etc. The aftermarket ECU uses a MAP sensor hence there is no need for the AFM.
As my car is an auto my question is where does the auto ECU get the load sensing from for the fuzzy logic learning? Is it from the AFM or the throttle position sensor? Those are the only two I can think of that the auto ECU would use.
Thanks
Josh

bradc
10-03-2008, 08:02 AM
sounds like a MAP ECU 2 would be your best bet, it does exactly what you want, and still sends the signals back to the stock ecu.

Physician
10-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Hi Josh,

Ironically I came across some info on 'fuzzy logic' only a few days ago and added it to the Library on 6/3/08. (It's in the 'Invecs' files)

dr_josh001
10-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Is this in the paid members section because I can't for the life of me find it!!

I've thought more about what I need and I think I went a bit too fuzzy logicee in the original query. All I really want to find out is where the Auto ECU gets the load sensing signal from? Throttle pot, or AFM?

dr_josh001
11-03-2008, 01:43 PM
fine then I'll do this on my own!

Wodjno
11-03-2008, 01:49 PM
/Handbag /catfight /Handbag :speechles

Davezj
11-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Is this in the paid members section because I can't for the life of me find it!!

I've thought more about what I need and I think I went a bit too fuzzy logicee in the original query. All I really want to find out is where the Auto ECU gets the load sensing signal from? Throttle pot, or AFM?

yes paid up members section.

£20 well spent.

Paul Beazer
11-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Such is your perogative, for the sake of £20 though, i know what i'd do!

Physician
11-03-2008, 03:33 PM

Yes, Library items are in the Members area. I had a read through the info I just placed there and there is nothing specific regarding your question but the details may lead you to the correct assumptions. It does seem that the Tiptronic ECU gets info from numerous sources including body sensors to detect if car is on an incline etc - fascinating stuff but all a bit fuzzy to me! :happy:

dr_josh001
13-03-2008, 06:25 AM
Thanks Physician for taking the time to read up on my question!! I will post up info as I mod my car for others if they want to do the same their machine it'll be easier.:happy:

I will consider becoming a member.