PDA

View Full Version : Old Eterna ZR-4

Robotnik123
10-03-2008, 12:31 PM
I have always liked the old 6G galant, esp the hatch variant. Am wondering if I should buy this as I need a second car anyway. Would there be any real downsides to such a car over any other older vehicle?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=142894134

bradc
10-03-2008, 07:26 PM
They will have similar issues to a legnum being that they are a turbo'd car. That one is also an auto, I personally wouldn't buy it

HMG1K
10-03-2008, 09:16 PM
These are lovely cars! I had a 1990 model year 2.0 GLSi version here in the UK, known as the Galant Coupe, and it was wonderful... (seen below in my signature).

I bought it with 10,000 miles on the clock at 12 months old, and by the time I part exchanged it at Christmas just gone for my current 8th generation Galant, my old one had done 180,000 miles... The only major job it needed doing was a new gearbox and clutch at 50,000 miles...

These cars, like future Galants, are solid - if looked after.... though don't pay over the odds for a top-spec one as there is no market for them...

The ZR-4 you have over there was known as the Galant Coupe GTi 4WS-4WS in the UK.

Robotnik123
10-03-2008, 09:28 PM
They will have similar issues to a legnum being that they are a turbo'd car. That one is also an auto, I personally wouldn't buy it

I guess the autobox could fail on a higher mileage car and if that happens it will be more than the car is worth to fix. However, my wife cannot drive a manual, so an auto would be more convienient for us.

MarkSanne
10-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Guess my reply is not a shock to anyone who knows me (and knows I have two 6G GTi's, unfortunaltely non-turbo, FWD only), but I have to say that a ZR4 is one of my dreams! (And it will come true some day, as I convert my black GTi into a real ZR4 LHD!!!)

Back on topic: I have to say that the 6G's seem to be built good. Very good actually. Better than the 8G's and more rust-proof too! The regular 8G problems I see very often written and talked about on the dutch GalantFans forum are much more and more expensive to fix compared to the typical 6G problems. The only true problem the 6G has (every single one of them that I know of) is the engine ECU which has leaking condensators. The regular problems on the 8G... well I don't have to go into those here.

Subaru ETA
11-03-2008, 07:16 AM
yup i have looked at this one. i have always liked them but yeah, prob wouldnt buy an auto tho

Xeroid
13-03-2008, 09:46 AM
NIce car, has he dropped the Buy Now price in the relisting ?+

Robotnik123
13-03-2008, 11:44 AM
NIce car, has he dropped the Buy Now price in the relisting ?+

Buy now is the same as before. I've decided this car probably isn't for me.