PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Video/Audio Transmitter/Receivers

Wodjno
10-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Anyone used any of these ?

I want to transmit Sky to the Little Wodjies Bedroom TV's..

Zaid
10-03-2008, 08:05 PM
I have got two of them at home... they are alright, but they can be sensitive to any human movements in the house.

Wodjno
10-03-2008, 08:11 PM
I have got two of them at home... they are alright, but they can be sensitive to any human movements in the house.

Which 1's have you got and at what price did you get them :happy:

psbarham
10-03-2008, 08:26 PM
just buy 20 metres of co axial cable and plug it into the second out put of the sky box, thats all i did, i also have one of those magic eye doofahs so we can control the sky box from the bedroom :D

Spirit
10-03-2008, 08:27 PM
I have a Philips one that goes to the TV in the conservatory. It's ok, and certainly better than nothing ! Think I paid about £50 for it.

stuartturbo
10-03-2008, 08:58 PM
just buy 20 metres of co axial cable and plug it into the second out put of the sky box, thats all i did, i also have one of those magic eye doofahs so we can control the sky box from the bedroom :D

similar to what i did but used the lead for the aerial lead as no real use so plug into cable box male male socket then tune upstairs tele in and 4 std plus sky

Nick Mann
10-03-2008, 10:55 PM
I have used them in the past. I ahd to buy a new one a couple of years ago, because the original was interfering with the wireless network! /pan.

The last one was a technica or someting - cheap brand at Tescos. I think it was under £40.

Zaid
11-03-2008, 01:10 AM
Mine are the same ones Nick has mentioned. I got mine from ebay though for £15 plus delivery.

My advice if you where gonna use anything wireless at home.. only use it when you need to... i dont recommend staying under the effects of radiation 24/7.

Nick VR4
11-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Use to have one cant remember the make though :(

It was ok but what ever downstairs was watching was sent to the receiver upstairs so not really that handy tbh

pitslayer
11-03-2008, 12:04 PM
lol, never let me near them in your house then, me and electrical signals dont mix.
mate had an old radio in his workshop, he knew when i had turned up, because it went from music to static. most somerfields i set the alarms off, on the way in, and sometimes HMV, which is great fun, standing near the door. someone walks out i move myself slightly in the direction of the scanners, alarms go off /lol

and on some odd occasions, ive made peoples freeview, and sometimes ntl/virgin play up.

although my mate bought a samsung tv with the wireless surround sound, which ran on the same frequency as his router, so he had to change the frequency on one of them.

Nick VR4
11-03-2008, 12:10 PM
lol, never let me near them in your house then, me and electrical signals dont mix.
mate had an old radio in his workshop, he knew when i had turned up, because it went from music to static. most somerfields i set the alarms off, on the way in, and sometimes HMV, which is great fun, standing near the door. someone walks out i move myself slightly in the direction of the scanners, alarms go off /lol

and on some odd occasions, ive made peoples freeview, and sometimes ntl/virgin play up.

although my mate bought a samsung tv with the wireless surround sound, which ran on the same frequency as his router, so he had to change the frequency on one of them.

Spooky
http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/03/11/magneto_man_joe_falciatano/

pitslayer
11-03-2008, 12:53 PM
so does that mean i should now call my self the alarm setter offer man /lol

Turbo_Steve
11-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Wodj,

It might be worth going for a "homeplug" setup. These media senders will send high quality video & audio over the mains cabling...no drilling and very very immune to interference.
They can be a touch pricey.