PDA

View Full Version : Emanage Ultimate what-to-do...

GalantOnly
12-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Forgot all about injectors resistor pack when I had installed EMU.../pan
Drove the car for couple of days since... Then... Today in the morning... The car just wouldn't start!:inquisiti Turns arround, but don't ignite... Green LED blinking on the front panel... Bypassed EMU - the car started right away... The question is: wtf?! Could missing resistors make so much mess and mess EMU up?!

By the way... TCL OFF was lighting from the moment I've started engine with EMU, but CEL never did... Is it normal??:thinking:

Wodjno
12-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Have you ensured that the correct engine code data is still installed in the EMU.. It can easily mistakenly be altered..If it's correct then i would disconnect the injector wires from the EMU.. Running without a resistor pack can and will damage your injectors.. Or EMU..

Are you actually trying tune tune via the Injector Map yet?

Or just via Air Flow Map ?

GalantOnly
12-03-2008, 06:52 PM
I did no altering to EMU what so ever. No tuning. Yet... Just chose 6A13 in engine codes, started the engine and did nothing more. Didn't want to play with it without knowing how - could be quite expensive game... But just don't tell me, that I allready fuked EMU up...:inquisiti It wouldn't be nice thing to hear...

Our injectors are high impedance... But if I'll get some low impedance Sard injectors, will EMU be able to control them without resisor pack?

Wodjno
12-03-2008, 07:18 PM
I did no altering to EMU what so ever. No tuning. Yet... Just chose 6A13 in engine codes, started the engine and did nothing more. Didn't want to play with it without knowing how - could be quite expensive game... But just don't tell me, that I allready fuked EMU up...:inquisiti It wouldn't be nice thing to hear...

Our injectors are high impedance... But if I'll get some low impedance Sard injectors, will EMU be able to control them without resisor pack?

My mistake then !! I thought our Injectors were Low Impedance..:speechles If there High then the EMU will be fine with them.. If there Low then they will need dropping resistors soldering inline..

Just check the settings downloaded to the EMU to ensure that nothing has altered..

GalantOnly
12-03-2008, 07:48 PM
My mistake then !! I thought our Injectors were Low Impedance..:speechles If there High then the EMU will be fine with them.. If there Low then they will need dropping resistors soldering inline..

Just check the settings downloaded to the EMU to ensure that nothing has altered..

Ohh, like that... I see... Thanks...:happy:

There was much talking about resistor packs, so I begun to think that we needed them for our injectors...:inquisiti

Like Valmes wrote in december:
"Something is strange on my current setup... SARD800 low imp injectors refuse to work with a resistor pack, but work fine as is... Got it to idle ok with a resistor pack, but car didn't want to start no matter what we did... No fuel on start up! Removed resistor pack. Entered simple "Before" (390cc, 1.1 ms) and "After" (800cc, 0.85 ms) injector correction in EMU and a bit of airflow correction... it started right up. Now works like stock"

So, you never know...

GalantOnly
13-03-2008, 05:34 PM

You were absolutely right... I had apparently altered injectors settings without even knowing it.../pan Very smart...

Now its working perfectly... I just a bit confused about why CEL light woudn't show up... Hope it will be soon...:inquisiti

Wodjno
13-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Glad it's sorted /yes

Now see if you can get this to work ? http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/reputation.php?p=317752

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

GalantOnly
13-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Glad it's sorted /yes

Now see if you can get this to work ? http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/reputation.php?p=317752

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Is this one not good enough for you, maybe? -----> :iloveyou:

But you can give me one too, - now, when you know that our injectors are high impedance.../lol /lol /lol /lol /lol /lol /lol /lol /lol /lol /lol