PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the law on.......

Spirit
13-03-2008, 06:50 PM
how long after something is mistakenly delivered to you that it legally becomes yours if not collected ?

TIA

bradc
13-03-2008, 07:16 PM
getting some Russian brides?

TAR
13-03-2008, 07:26 PM
If you receive unsolicited goods you can:

sit back for six months. After that the goods become your property and you can do what you like with them

send a letter to the sender giving him/her 30 days to come and collect them. Your letter should say:
that the goods are unsolicited;
unless collected within 30 days you will use them or get rid of them;
where the goods can be collected;
when it will be convenient to collect them.
If the sender does nothing about your letter the goods become your property after 30 days, but you mustn't try to make it difficult for them to be collected during the period and you have to take reasonable care that the goods don't become damaged whilst they are in your possession.

Taken from the consumer website http://www.consumereducation.org.uk/indexeng.htm :scholar:

Beastlee
13-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Do you recieve my missing black, with Jack Daniels stickers on it, VR4 saloon in the post. Can I have it back now please?

pitslayer
13-03-2008, 07:41 PM
i guess i have just gained a free manual mitsi gearbox /lol

Physician
13-03-2008, 07:49 PM
getting some Russian brides?

Lol Brad ......... :happy:

Spirit
13-03-2008, 11:22 PM
/haz.......thanks all !

It actually relates to items at work. We ordered a franking machine and they delivered two. I have told them twice to pick the other one up and they still haven't and that is now 6 weeks since they delivered it.

We also have two BT phones that we ordered but then cancelled, however they still delivered them. We have had a credit note for them, therefore we have not paid anything - and new they are £80+vat each. This was on the 1st Feb, and again, 6 weeks on and they have not been collected.