PDA

View Full Version : To raise or not to raise that is the question!

Dark Star
14-03-2008, 07:01 PM
My Legnum is impracticably low - exhaust hits speed bumps; a too steep a slope threatens to snag the front body kit! She is a 1997 VR4 S and has Biltstein shocks the springs possibly have been cut - not something I have done! She fels like she is riding on the bump stops on the back.

Think she needs to come up 1 to 1.5 inches. What would be the best and most effective solutions - standard springs? Tiens? - but still wanting to keep her looks - hope someone can advise.

White Lightning
14-03-2008, 07:09 PM
I have been very pleased with my Tein Super Wagon coilovers. The best bit is that the ride height and dampening is fully adjustable /yes

Wodjno
14-03-2008, 10:21 PM
/ttiwwop /Camera2 :D

Grizzly
31-03-2008, 07:14 AM
I use TEIN's GT Wagons that have more adjstment than Super Wagons. For winter driving though I've added 3cm (1.2 inch) fitments at upper strut mounts. It let me retain the ride characteristics (spring tension and damping settings) while consideraly rising vehicle. Taking into consideration that GT Wagons initially are some 35mm lower than stock that setup brought me back to stock height.

For the summer I plan to retain those fitments in place and lower vehicle by means of TEINs height adjustment.

jpnvr4
02-05-2008, 04:18 AM
well i bet U feel like I do ... cause I have rs*r springs on and need shocks ... I really like the look of the height I have but tired of 2nd guessin what I can pass over without touchin or scraping .... I'm about 2 get some bilstein B8 sprints 2 go with my springs... also ... how is ur tire wear ... mines is awful ..
I have like threads and wire showing on the inside and on the outside & middle, it's like close 2 half worn ...

al I can say is I want the low agressive look but something .5 inches higher ...just 4 comfort purposess.... any help U get is good help 4 me