PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had a stone chip removed from windscreen by RAC?

Jamo
16-02-2004, 09:13 PM
Hello All,

Got a stone chip in the windscreen a few weeks back and remembered those adverts. Too good to be true? No, within 15 mins I'd rang the RAC though I'd never been a member and they arranged to come round and make my stone chip disappear...for free. I checked with my insurer. Fine with them.

So, the RAC lad comes round, dies his bit and...well...it's better. It's smaller. But there's still a 5mm crack. Pretty clearly visible.

Now, when I bought my VR-4, it was 2 and a half years old. The front looked like it had been shot up by a helicoptor gunship. The windscreen had three stone-chips. But the garage, bless 'em, offered to have the bumper resprayed and the stone-chips removed by the RAC.

Now here's my predicament. Those 3 chips completely disappeared. Not a sign of them remains. I kinda expected this new one to disappear too. So I rang RAC afterwards and was told 'some simply don't completely disappear'.

Any of you had it done? Did any sign remain? Am I being too fussy or should I chase this up?

...Jamo