PDA

View Full Version : Funkstar's New Motah

Funkstar
20-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Been out of the fold for the past few months guys, I apologize. Been working like a nutter and work have blocked some websites, one being CVR4 /Grrr.

Also been browing the SOC, looking for some nice and simple mods for my new beast below. Always loved the R34 and have always wanted to own one. Have not long turned 30 and thought "if I don't get one now, I'll be too old to appreciate it further down the line", so I took the plunge.

Got a fairly decent amount back on the VR4. Guys in the garage seemed to like it this time, after my last encounter with a garage who wouldn't take it as they thought VR4's to be "too much like hard work". :inquisiti

Have a bit of work to do to her first. Have invested in a new downpipe, turbo elbow, decat, already has a 3" exhaust, HKS filter. Next investment is an ecu upgrade and remap. Looking at taking her to about he 350 mark. I'll be quite happy there and probably wont take it much further as it's my daily drive. Once that's done it's gonna be lowered and fitted with a nice set of 18's. Rest of the bodywork will stay more or less standard.

It's true what they so though; these cars are far easier to upgrade than the VR4's. So much more to choose from in aftermarket parts. Still really miss my Galant though. I really miss the way it stuck to the floor no matter what the weather. Far more dependable, but maybe a little less fun. Just looking forward to the dry summer weather to properly enjoy this car.

Spirit
20-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Very nice mate.......and looks in very good condition :2thumbsup

Is it a GTT, and auto or manual ?

Funkstar
20-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Very nice mate.......and looks in very good condition :2thumbsup

Is it a GTT, and auto or manual ?

Thanks Pete. Aye, it's the GTT. And it's the tiptronic, with the gearchange on the steering wheel, which is fun.

It's absolutely spotless to be honest, with hardly a stone chip on the bodywork. The only mark is a scratch on the underneath of the drivers side front splitter.

Interior wise - there was a small, less than 5p piece sized grease mark on the passenger side seat, until I gave it a clean last week. Now there's a hand sized clean patch which stands out more than the original stain. /pan

Kieran
20-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Very Nice Deion! Very nice! And good to see you around, I was beginning to wonder where you'd gone!

Funkstar
20-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Very Nice Deion! Very nice! And good to see you around, I was beginning to wonder where you'd gone!

Cheers K. Nice to see you too pal. Missed you all the past few months. Been popping in and catching up on some threads, but not had a chance to properly get involved. Nice to have a few days off coming up with the easter break.

bernmc
23-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Welcome to the fold ;)