PDA

View Full Version : F/S 1998 VR4 Legnum Type S Manual

Bytor
21-03-2008, 04:24 AM
Hi

Have been lurking on here for a while, learning about these great cars, but alas it's time to move mine on.

This is the very sought after Type S manual twin turbo VR4 in pearl white, purchased in August 2005 as a fresh import. It has been impeccably reliable, powerful and very practical carrying two adults, two kids, five suitcases, two double pushchairs and everything else bar the kitchen sink, around New Zealand when we arrived from the UK - couldn't fit it all in a Subaru!

Being a family car and my play thing it has been very well serviced and yes the cambelt has been changed, at 86ks along with the spark plugs. I have just had a fresh oil and filter change done on 19-3-08.

This car has NOT been modified in anyway so is a blank canvas for someone to put their personal touches to.

It does have:
Cyclops 4 star insurance rated dual immobiliser alarm system
Turbo timer
Band expander on the single cd stereo
Reaction 17" alloy wheels
Service history
WOF: 29-07-08
Rego: 04-08-08
ODO: 108,000kms approx

Whilst mechanically superb there are two panel issues from supermarket car park bumps. The right side front guard has been replaced and would need re-spraying to get an exact match. And the right side lower rear quarter had a bumper go into it and would need a bit of panel beating - neither time did anyone say sorry or leave their details - bastards!. I have shown these in the pics attached.

With the recent addition of a third child we have decided to sell the VR4 as we can't get three child car seats across the back seat.

Even with the panel/paint issues I reckon $8500 ono is a good price.

Car located in Howick, Auckland.

Drop me a PM if you are interested or need to know more info.

Bytor
21-03-2008, 04:29 AM
here's the pics...

bradc
21-03-2008, 04:32 AM
Facelift or prefacelift?

Ryan
21-03-2008, 04:40 AM
Looks like a PFL to me Brad :P Seriously though - I wish I could buy it... I think $8k - $8.5k would be a fair asking price.

Subaru ETA
21-03-2008, 05:17 AM
eerrr judging by the pics, pfl!

bradc
21-03-2008, 07:20 AM
check the post times :)

Bytor
21-03-2008, 07:33 AM
Looks like a PFL to me Brad :P Seriously though - I wish I could buy it... I think $8k - $8.5k would be a fair asking price.

Yep I believe that it was one of the last pre-face lifts. Thanks for backing up the asking price which i think is right for the market - hell of a lot less than i paid for it mind you!!:bigcry:

Bytor
08-04-2008, 09:58 AM
This car is now SOLD!!!!!
Cheers guys