PDA

View Full Version : White VR4 with big red VR4 Twin Turbo sticker down the side

VR4DVL
21-03-2008, 11:00 PM
This was me, i got left a litle ClubVR4 note on my windscreen last year saying if i was interested, call a person named Wayne. I completely forgot about it until last night when i foudn that little note under the seat in my car when i was cleaning it so i figured why not!! anywayz this is my 2001 Galant VR4

bradc
21-03-2008, 11:16 PM
Is it NZ New per chance?
The wheels are the prefacelift spec 16x6" but polished as per the limited 1997 run of car of the year models. Facelift Type V VR-4's had the same wheels, which is what your car is.

The momo and recaro's were a standard option for facelift cars, probably 5-10% of cars have them. Mine does :D

elnevio
21-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Told you Brad'd know!

Though that was in the other thread!!

SGHOM
21-03-2008, 11:20 PM
probably 5-10% of cars have them. Mine does :D

So you're in the minority then ? :thinking: :pimp2:

bradc
21-03-2008, 11:23 PM
yep, cause I've got a real gearbox too. Pansy 2 footed brit's! We've got 3 legs down here and we know how to use them!

VR4DVL
21-03-2008, 11:23 PM
haha awsum, didnt know that aye, i was wondering why mine was the only 1 that had recaro's, sorta gives you that Evo feeling when your driving it, oh and someone said they saw VR4SHO on another thread? yeah my friend Kate knows the guy his name's Pete....bit of a quiet guy...almost fell asleep talking to him

bradc
21-03-2008, 11:25 PM
it wasn't an option on prefacelifts at all, apart from a small number of Super VR-4's, so the Recaro's and Momo are a fairly rare option.

I've actually changed to EVO 6.5 TME seats now which are even better

SGHOM
21-03-2008, 11:27 PM
We've got 3 legs down here !

Must be all those sheep you sh........... oh, never mind :pimp2: :iloveyou:

bradc
21-03-2008, 11:28 PM
/looks your avatar hmmm

Nick Mann
22-03-2008, 12:25 AM
It looks like a type V to me. No wheel arch extensions, plus polished alloys. I would hazard a guess that there is no AYC.

A very rare version, that some would argue is the best set of options - light, well specced, no AYC dulling down the driving experience! (Myself, I would say not enough boot space and that there is nothing wrong with the AYC!)

VR4DVL
22-03-2008, 01:06 AM
yeah it is an NZ new VR4 and there is no AYC either, i dont think the manuals had AYC??? i might be wrong, at the moment it's stock standard but i am looking for minor upgrades like an HKS induction kit, Super Dragger exhaust and an apexi boost controller...any idea's on where i might find these things??

ANTHONY
22-03-2008, 01:10 AM
yeah it is an NZ new VR4 and there is no AYC either, i dont think the manuals had AYC??? i might be wrong, at the moment it's stock standard but i am looking for minor upgrades like an HKS induction kit, Super Dragger exhaust and an apexi boost controller...any idea's on where i might find these things??i have a manual with AYC

bradc
22-03-2008, 04:13 AM
the manual facelift galants were all type V's and came exactly like that car from factory. before may 2000 they didn't have the high vis dash either.

All prefacelifts came with AYC and manual facelift legnums were available in the Type S model with AYC.

Now as for the rareity of the car, it is indeed very rare. There is another 2001 nz new manual Galant VR-4 in the forums here, owned by You See. His is black but otherwise identical. There is at least one other NZ new manual that was tested in Auto Trader (they loved it) and a few UK new ones.

Ryan
22-03-2008, 04:28 AM
Very nice car, if I saw it I would also have left a paper on your windscreen :)

bradc
22-03-2008, 04:41 AM
I wouldn't have, it doesn't have a proper boot! :P

VR4DVL
22-03-2008, 05:03 AM
I wouldn't have, it doesn't have a proper boot! :P
hahaha!!! funny u say that cause i actually wanted to get a GLX boot without the spoiler to give it that ultimate sleeper status...i mean come on imagine the look on an XR8 Falcon or SS Commodore drivers face when he gets smoked by a GLX Galant :P it'd be priceless

d i c k i e s
22-03-2008, 08:53 AM
Hey bro.

Just refering to your first post of a little note under your windscreen.
It would have been wynn and not wayne. Him and another dude (dixon) go round putting them under VR4s (in wellington area) try and get them to come here, have a look and then hopefully meet up with some of us.. etc etc!

Was your car up on trademe?

AllBeItMine
22-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Is it NZ New per chance?
The wheels are the prefacelift spec 16x6" but polished as per the limited 1997 run of car of the year models. Facelift Type V VR-4's had the same wheels, which is what your car is.

The momo and recaro's were a standard option for facelift cars, probably 5-10% of cars have them. Mine does :D

omg you are such a car geek.

VR4DVL
23-03-2008, 01:46 AM
Hey bro.

It would have been wynn and not wayne. Him and another dude (dixon) go round putting them under VR4s (in wellington area) try and get them to come here, have a look and then hopefully meet up with some of us.. etc etc!

Was your car up on trademe?

oh ok, i'm always keen to meet up with anyone aye...that's if i'm not too pissed and trolleyd on that night, but yeah it was on trademe last month, the only reason i wanted to sell it was cause there wasn't much performance upgrades available for them, then my mate Matt Tobin told me that he hasnt really seen any VR4's like mine around in new zealand and he's been drag racing everywhere in NZ (he owns the black 800 horsepower 4G63T Galant VR4 with white rims that was on NZPC in 2006) anywayz once i realized what i had then i just decided to keep her, but then again...the Mrs. always complains about my "boosting" and wants me to get rid of it :thinking:

bradc
23-03-2008, 07:18 AM
lol Andrew, shut up :P

As for your car, it is a manual with an LSD, so there isn't much to go wrong. Put in an exhaust system, up the boost, and you'll be very happy

d i c k i e s
23-03-2008, 07:56 AM
edited post to below...

d i c k i e s
23-03-2008, 07:57 AM
(he owns the black 800 horsepower 4G63T Galant VR4 with white rims that was on NZPC in 2006)

was the license plate BOOST?

VR4 MAD
23-03-2008, 09:17 AM
This was me, i got left a litle ClubVR4 note on my windscreen last year saying if i was interested, call a person named Wynn. I completely forgot about it until last night when i foudn that little note under the seat in my car when i was cleaning it so i figured why not!! anywayz this is my 2001 Galant VR4

Hi and a warm welcome.............../rally

Wynn here, really glad to see you have (finally) made contact. It's been so long and we've put quite a number of those little flyers about, I can't remember where we saw your car now to put the note under the wiper.

...oh ok, i'm always keen to meet up with anyone aye...

Well that just the excuse we need for another get together then, isn't it guys.............:pimp2:

As it happens, a couple of us are going to be getting together this coming weekend (maybe) to go have a nosey at a recently imported VR4. Your most welcome to come along. Watch this thread (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30519) for updates on where and when.

..........oh and someone said they saw VR4SHO on another thread? yeah my friend Kate knows the guy his name's Pete....bit of a quiet guy.......

Well then, you and Kate need to get him to come along and meet us too.........or at the very least join up on here so we can keep in touch with him. Try to get him to come along this coming weekend with you. :scholar:

.......it wasn't an option on prefacelifts at all, apart from a small number of Super VR-4's, so the Recaro's and Momo are a fairly rare option

Me too, me too.............I've got them as well.......he he /rally

Glad you finally made it and we look forward to meeting you sooner rather than latter.

PS I'll be out of touch for a couple of days but will check back mid-week.

/toycar

VR4DVL
24-03-2008, 02:18 AM
yeah i've been googling the HKS super dragger exhaust for these things but havent had much success in finding one, i guess my other option would be to go to Midas in Porirua and get one custom made...any idea's on how big i should get it? if 3" will fit then thats what i'll go for but i really dont want the car to sound too loud cause i still gotta de-badge the car and put a GLX bonnet on there and keep it sleeper

VR4DVL
24-03-2008, 02:23 AM
was the license plate BOOST?

yeah his plate is BOOST, he wanted to sell that plate to Boost Mobile lol it's a hell scarey VR4 aye, it's boosting 30 pounds, enough to rip your heart out, he's a kool dude aye he taught me how to fit tyres and do wheel alignments when i first started working for Ford, he's popping dents out now so if anyone in Wellington needs some dents popped out let me now and i'll see if i can get him to do it

d i c k i e s
24-03-2008, 02:28 AM
tru, bro you got a pm. (private message).
check up the top of your screen.

Yeah, ive seen him around. havent seen him for awhile though.
An old skool mate of mine went for a ride one time in the beast! He almost crapped his pants. literally!! (it really sucks you into the seat.. was what he said.)

dixon8
24-03-2008, 10:46 AM

Hi welcome to CLUBVR4, I think it may have been me that put a flyer on your car, :happy: from memory maybe parked near the Mt Cook school :speechles

nice looking VR4, :5shots:

hope to catch up with you and your friend (VR4SHO) at our next meet

/Welcome2

VR4DVL
25-03-2008, 06:02 AM
thanx dude, yeah i use to park my car by mt cook school when i was working at Ford in Taranaki st. haha thanx 4 that cause now i've found some useful infomation about modifying my car. Yeah hopefully i can get in contact with Pete (VR4SHO) through my friend kate, i'm always keen to meet up so just let us know when and where the next meet is

d i c k i e s
25-03-2008, 06:34 AM
just keep checkin the event/meet threads!

Subaru ETA
25-03-2008, 09:04 AM
VR4DVL - Matt Tobin used to work at capital city? hes mates with a guy i work with phil who used to work there

VR4DVL
27-03-2008, 08:23 AM
VR4DVL - Matt Tobin used to work at capital city? hes mates with a guy i work with phil who used to work there

yeah he use to be our wheel alignment technition and fit tyres and stuff...Phil..is Phil's last name Whyman??? cause we use to have this old guy named Phil Whyman that worked in our parts department that left about 2 months ago now

Subaru ETA
27-03-2008, 08:29 AM
nah, lester. he left a couple of years ago maybe

VR4DVL
29-03-2008, 05:25 AM
haha Phil Mo-Lester, he use to be service manager at a holden dealership as well before he came back to ford and then gap'd it to auckland....seriously that guys a serial service manager