PDA

View Full Version : HKS H1 Silent Power Muffler

william
23-03-2008, 09:31 PM
My car is fitted with a Greddy 3" exhaust system. After the demise of the rear muffler I had it replaced with a RPS Sport muffler because of lack of time to look around for a better replacement and was troubled by the dreadful drone ever since. I recently bought a near new HKS H1 Silent Power Muffler and it has transformed the car! No more droning and it still has a nice V6 burble without making it necessary to raise your voice too much when talking to the wife! It could be subjective but the car feels smoother too.

Highly recommended!

bradc
23-03-2008, 10:07 PM
where did you get it from?

Turbo_Steve
23-03-2008, 11:59 PM
Sounds like a "Bingo" to me. When I change the exhaust I need a family friendly one!

william
24-03-2008, 05:18 AM
Brad I got it from TM. The guy I bought it from tried to fit it on a Nissan Sylvia but could not get it to sit high enough. I think it came into the country via a Skyline import and the dealer removed it from the car for some reason before it was sold. I see RHD list them for about $1000!

Steve, the way to go for the family!

Subaru ETA
25-03-2008, 08:48 AM
yeah got a rps on mine and at around 3krpm its real droney. but i like the popping sound it makes when i back off :D

__ET__
25-03-2008, 12:03 PM
My car is fitted with a Greddy 3" exhaust system. After the demise of the rear muffler I had it replaced with a RPS Sport muffler because of lack of time to look around for a better replacement and was troubled by the dreadful drone ever since. I recently bought a near new HKS H1 Silent Power Muffler and it has transformed the car! No more droning and it still has a nice V6 burble without making it necessary to raise your voice too much when talking to the wife! It could be subjective but the car feels smoother too.

Highly recommended!
Can you post some pics of it :happy:

william
27-03-2008, 08:10 AM
Will do so over the weekend.

The popping sound on the overrun was nice David, as were all the alarms going off in the car parks!

william
29-03-2008, 04:10 AM
As promised, some piccies of the new muffler.

bradc
29-03-2008, 04:15 AM
that does look very nice indeed :)

william
29-03-2008, 04:20 AM
Cheers Brad!

HollowPoint
29-03-2008, 04:56 AM
Yeah I remember the days of popping noises and setting off car alarms, my GTR had a 4" Veilside from the turbo back with only one box on it, combine that with the Mines 1Bar ECU and you've got popping but also 4ft flames when changing gear on load lol, was great fun. Rose had a pretty gorgeous exhaust on her WRX too, sounded gorgeous, we only have the stock one on the VR4 so far but as we have two kids it sounds like this one might be the way to go. Looks pretty good too. Good find.

william
29-03-2008, 06:34 AM
Yeah I remember the days of popping noises and setting off car alarms, my GTR had a 4" Veilside from the turbo back with only one box on it, combine that with the Mines 1Bar ECU and you've got popping but also 4ft flames when changing gear on load lol, was great fun. Rose had a pretty gorgeous exhaust on her WRX too, sounded gorgeous, we only have the stock one on the VR4 so far but as we have two kids it sounds like this one might be the way to go. Looks pretty good too. Good find.

Why did you get rid of the GTR? I love the sound of that straight 6! I agree, with the family a quieter exhaust is nicer all things considered.

EdmundVR4
06-04-2008, 03:52 PM
If anyone else is expeiencing too much "droning", this Apexi ATS (Active Tail Silencer) did the trick for me.
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13639