PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

ChewBakker
24-03-2008, 12:50 AM
Hi,

I am based in the Royal Forest of Dean in the UK and I am looking at getting either a Legnum or a Stagea. If anyone can give me some good advice on either it would be most appreciated.

Regards

John

bradc
24-03-2008, 05:49 AM
the Stag is heavier and slower, but the boot is bigger. Because the RB25 is used in the skyline as well you can get them up to a lot of power easily.

elnevio
24-03-2008, 07:50 AM
Hi John, and /Welcome2

I know the Forest quite well, as I lived in Drybrook with my folks for a number of years when they moved there in the mid 90s. In fact, they're still there, so we show up from time to time. Whereabouts are you?

Are you looking to buy a fresh import, or a car that's already in the UK?

It's not comprehensive, but here's a thread I responded to recently from a newbie's perspective, which you may find helps regarding the Legnum. http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30466

I quite like the Stagea in a quirky way, but in my opinion, it is a bit too ugly. Whereas the Legnum/Galant still looks pretty fresh. As Brad has said though, performance mods for the Stagea are plentiful, while not so readily available for the VR-4 - but they are available if you're looking for small increases. For example - bolt-on turbos? No chance! Search the forums for turbos and you'll find members who have uprated the turbos, but usually with a hatful of other work required, such as 'modifying' the bulkhead to change the rear turbo for something bigger! But who knows, that might be your bag!

The Leggie is great for the Forest roads, but it doesn't make avoiding sheep much easier! /pan

VR4DVL
24-03-2008, 08:18 AM
hey and welcome, i'm new here too lol i suppose the legnum and stagea are pretty evenly matched but i'd go for the legnum because it lookz a hell of alot better and being 4WD you can have some fun through snow, mud, etc, even though there arnt many performance parts available for the legnums in comparison to the Stagea the Legnum still packz a punch...probably pick up more girls in a Legnum if your that way inclined =P

Nick VR4
24-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum

ChewBakker
24-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Hi John, and /Welcome2

I know the Forest quite well, as I lived in Drybrook with my folks for a number of years when they moved there in the mid 90s. In fact, they're still there, so we show up from time to time. Whereabouts are you?

Are you looking to buy a fresh import, or a car that's already in the UK?

It's not comprehensive, but here's a thread I responded to recently from a newbie's perspective, which you may find helps regarding the Legnum. http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30466

I quite like the Stagea in a quirky way, but in my opinion, it is a bit too ugly. Whereas the Legnum/Galant still looks pretty fresh. As Brad has said though, performance mods for the Stagea are plentiful, while not so readily available for the VR-4 - but they are available if you're looking for small increases. For example - bolt-on turbos? No chance! Search the forums for turbos and you'll find members who have uprated the turbos, but usually with a hatful of other work required, such as 'modifying' the bulkhead to change the rear turbo for something bigger! But who knows, that might be your bag!

The Leggie is great for the Forest roads, but it doesn't make avoiding sheep much easier! /pan

Hi Nev,

I'm in Ruspidge, just south of Cinderford, so not far from Drybrook. My daughter occasionally visits the rugby club there.

I have an LS400 (S Plate) that I am looking to swap for either the Legnum or Stagea. I have found one of each that are in excellent condition and both with less tan 50k miles. I will be test driving both tomorrow so I will let you know how I get on. I've had a couple of Skylines so I am familiar with the engine in the Stagea. The styling of the Legnum I think is better than the Stagea which looks a bit boxy like an older Volvo.

Performance wise they look fairly similar if unmodified.

Regards

John

elnevio
24-03-2008, 03:04 PM
Good luck with the test drives. I've not heard what the Stagea is like to drive - will be interesting to find out!