PDA

View Full Version : Front fog lamps

ritch_w
18-02-2004, 08:35 PM
does anyone know how to remove the front fog lamps or the clear perspex type front cover from a v6 sport???

mine seem to have permanent condensation.....

Kieran
18-02-2004, 08:43 PM
I've just emailed you with the information you require. When you reassemble, check the rubber seals. These could be the problem. They're either too airtight (unlikely), or they'll have split!

:thumbsup:

ritch_w
19-02-2004, 08:40 AM
thanks Kieran - no e-mail tho..... :(

I'll PM you my work e-mail :D

ta

colVR4
19-02-2004, 02:41 PM
I have exactly the same problem with my passenger side fog light. It is constantly fogged up!! :drunk:

Have you figured out what the problem is yet? Surely you must be able to remove the glass to replace the light?

Kieran
19-02-2004, 06:34 PM
Ritch, did you get the email?

ritch_w
19-02-2004, 10:02 PM
yes - thanks mate

i have added this to list of things i want do when im off work for the next couple of weeks;
clean fog lenses
paint calipers
get 34K service
polish exterior
touch up stone chips (that'll probably take 2 weeks ;) )
valet interior
fit side lights to fogs
and i'm sure i'll think of some more :-D :-D :-D :-D

colVR4
20-02-2004, 01:26 PM
SNAP!!

That is pretty much the list that I have as well Rich. I am thinking about painting my calipers white because I think it would look cool against the black of my car. What do you think? Every man and his dog seem to have red calipers these days. It is either that or bright yellow!!

Are you just getting a chip repair kit from Halfords, or getting it done professionally? I want to get mine done because all of the gritting over the winter has left my spoiler looking shot.

What was the deal with the fog light by the way?

Kieran
20-02-2004, 05:36 PM
yes - thanks mate

i have added this to list of things i want do when im off work for the next couple of weeks.....

Hey! I'm off work for a fortnight in the next couple of weeks as well! I've got a similar list...

Clean fog lenses - :| Well, mine are always clean...
Polish exterior - Erm... Why does this require a holiday?! :huh:
Valet interior :sick: :huh: You mean your interior gets dirty?!?! :stunned:

Touch up stone chips - Heh! That'll take a gazillion years on my car...

Sod it - I might paint the calipers :-D

ritch_w
21-02-2004, 10:11 AM
Polish exterior - Erm... Why does this require a holiday?! :huh:
Valet interior :sick: :huh: You mean your interior gets dirty?!?! :stunned:

ahh my young friend, you are still naieve in the ways of the dark side, wait until you are married and have kids - then time is a premium!!

saying that i did manage to use my new polishing machine last week and polished the car in half the time! still need to set aside a whole day to do it properly though.

BTW what is the Kieran approved polish for removing light scratches from met paint? Meguliars Gold Class doesnt lift them....

ta

Kieran
21-02-2004, 12:06 PM
BTW what is the Kieran approved polish for removing light scratches from met paint? Meguliars Gold Class doesnt lift them....

Yeah, Gold Class is a very reflective polish, but it's not got much of a cleaning action to it.

If you've got the 3 stage 'Deep Crystal' system, then try that. If not, then get yourself some Meguiar's Clear Coat Body Scrub. This is not as scary as it's name suggests. It's a combination of paint cleaners, with a very mild abrasive action (much less that T-Cut, so you're not likely to scour your paint). Body Scrub is a good 'all over' cleaner, and will noticeably improve the depth of shine.

If you've got one or two scratches that are quite deep, then try Meguiar's 'Scratch-X'. This comes in a toothpaste-type tube and is used for dealing with localised areas that need extra work.

If you've not already done so, I'd strongly recommend claying your car before doing any polishing. You'll be amazed at the crap that a clay bar will shift from seemingly clean paint! :)

ritch_w
22-02-2004, 04:38 PM
thanks mate! i'll add that to the list!