PDA

View Full Version : VR4 at Coventry Cars.....

dixon8
27-03-2008, 10:50 PM
the 1998 VR4 at Coventry Cars arrived the other day and was at groomers yesterday, available for viewing after about 3pm today. :happy: :happy:

anyone like to meet up tomorrow morning to have a group viewing ????? /Banana /Banana

maybe 11ish?????? :happy: :happy:

dixon8
27-03-2008, 10:59 PM
the 1998 VR4 at Coventry Cars

http://www.coventrycars.co.nz/the5thdimension/vehiclelistings.asp?category_list=&manufacturer=Mitsubishi&model=Galant+VR-4&year=&listing_price=&page_size=10&o=vehicles.manufacturer&strKeywords=&boolean=OR&submit=+++++Find+Now%21+++++

here's a preview. :happy:

CANDEE
27-03-2008, 11:05 PM
I might be in - shall we have a feed or something afterwards?

Oh Dixon, were you talking to Scott about it?

dixon8
27-03-2008, 11:50 PM
I might be in - shall we have a feed or something afterwards?

Sounds good :happy:

Oh Dixon, were you talking to Scott about it?

can't remember, the salesman all look alike :speechles

CANDEE
28-03-2008, 01:12 AM
Just spoken with Scott and advised we will be in about 11 tomorrow and he will have the car all ready for us to have a squiz though :)

Robotnik123
28-03-2008, 03:30 AM
That's what I need - red on black recaro fron seats! Have white on black, but to match my interior I really need red. Oh well poor me I guess. :(

VR4 MAD
28-03-2008, 04:42 AM
So everyones meeting at Coventry, Basin Reserve then?.........What's parking like around there at that time of the morning. Anyone know?

Here's the thread (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=321852#post321852) that started all this............./rally

/toycar

dixon8
28-03-2008, 10:13 PM
So everyones meeting at Coventry, Basin Reserve then?.........What's parking like around there at that time of the morning.

Hi, there'll be heaps of parking around by the corner by the school entrance near the car yard.

hopefully it won't be just VR4mad and me turning up this morning:speechles

so see you all there about 11ish:happy:

J-Mo-15
28-03-2008, 10:17 PM
sorry i cant come and see you guys. will be getting my new toy/ wallet eater!! but then again, if i take into account the rwhp divided by time multiplied by velocity... haha na i have no idea what im saying. will see you all next time though!

CANDEE
30-03-2008, 08:17 PM
All I have to say is that Silver is the new White..... :thumbsup:

bradc
30-03-2008, 08:37 PM
but I like silver, and white is ugly!!!!

CANDEE
30-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Well lets say that there will be 3 facelift Galants in Welly.... /rally

bradc
30-03-2008, 08:54 PM
you?

CANDEE
30-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Ahh yip :)

bradc
30-03-2008, 09:10 PM
so you've sold the wagon, or keeping it? I hope you're keeping the evo 8 wheels

CANDEE
30-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Yip sold the wagon - wheels are going with it... they need a damn good refurb so its not really worth the hassle of keeping them...

d i c k i e s
30-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Awesome. so you got it?

CANDEE
30-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Almost - should get a confirmation today re money etc. Then will pos get it either this weekend or next - have to strip the leggie of its audio bits.... :scholar:

d i c k i e s
30-03-2008, 10:43 PM
O for Awesome! :)

d i c k i e s
30-03-2008, 10:44 PM
http://www.coventrycars.co.nz/the5thdimension/vehiclelistings.asp?category_list=&manufacturer=Mitsubishi&model=Galant+VR-4&year=&listing_price=&page_size=10&o=vehicles.manufacturer&strKeywords=&boolean=OR&submit=+++++Find+Now%21+++++

here's a preview. :happy:

its gone now! /pan

CANDEE
30-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Well even better - Might be this week and Scott is going to pay for the audio de-install, boost gauge, and ecu swap for me :)

d i c k i e s
30-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Sounds awesome!

Robotnik123
30-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Congrats, looked like a great car.

Too bad its not a legnum though, but I guess you can't have everything...

dixon8
30-03-2008, 11:25 PM
its gone now! /pan

You can still gaze at it here if you want to see what it's like :inquisiti

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Mitsubishi/auction-143164153.htm?key=272687

:happy: :happy: :happy:

d i c k i e s
30-03-2008, 11:51 PM
i know.. just playing!
just that usually happens. when its listed, and someones interested, they take it down straight away.

well we needed more Galants, as Leggies seem to be the most popular at our meets. (leggies dominate)

CANDEE
31-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Congrats, looked like a great car.

Too bad its not a legnum though, but I guess you can't have everything...
Cheers dude :) Is VERY tidy :) Drives way better the leggie does for some unknown reason...

Just need to find two more speakers and a battery.....

CANDEE
31-03-2008, 12:25 AM
You can still gaze at it here if you want to see what it's like :inquisiti

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Mitsubishi/auction-143164153.htm?key=272687

:happy: :happy: :happy:
Thanks for you help and the coffee :)

VR4 MAD
31-03-2008, 12:25 AM
Well there goes the neighbourhood.................looks like they will sell these to just any Tom, Dixon or Jeremy.............ha ha

Really great news ..........think you got a great car there and possibly the very last VR4 imported before the government shut the door on any more........./Grrr

Scott seems to be doing everything he can to ease the pain of the transfer as well. All good then.

And welcome to the exclusive Galant club within THE club ........:pimp2: :scholar: /rally

Can't have these Legnum owners getting ideas above there place in the Club. They are ONLY Legnums after all, just a dime a dozen and as common as muck.

/toycar

Robotnik123
31-03-2008, 01:43 AM
Can't have these Legnum owners getting ideas above there place in the Club. They are ONLY Legnums after all, just a dime a dozen and as common as muck.

/toycar

You're wrong there. A legnum is a true sports wagon, with a marketing profile tailored to active people needing space to a haul all the stuff they need for their busy and outdoor oriented lives. Whereas a Galant is an executive car for business types. While legnum owners are typically all out skiing, surfing and mountain biking, Galant owners are balancing spreasheets at the office, *yawn*...

dixon8
31-03-2008, 01:55 AM
/Banana

You're wrong there. A legnum is a true sports wagon, with a marketing profile tailored to active people needing space to a haul all the stuff they need for their busy and outdoor oriented lives. Whereas a Galant is an executive car for business types. Galant owners are balancing spreasheets at the office.

NO, we have this vehicle (galant) stored in our garages ready for the special ocassions to show our club bros. :happy: :happy:

It's not for every day use, not for going to the supermarket :speechles :speechles

VR4 MAD
31-03-2008, 02:12 AM
he he.............. look who took the bait then............ hook, line and sinker /pan

:iloveyou:

You're wrong there. A legnum is a true sports wagon, with a marketing profile tailored to active people needing space to a haul all the stuff they need for their busy and outdoor oriented lives. Whereas a Galant is an executive car for business types. While legnum owners are typically all out skiing, surfing and mountain biking, Galant owners are balancing spreasheets at the office, *yawn*...

d i c k i e s
31-03-2008, 02:15 AM
hahaha...

Robotnik123
31-03-2008, 02:17 AM
he he.............. look who took the bait then............ hook, line and sinker /pan

:iloveyou:

Hardly, am just pointing out the obvious superiority of the legnum - "sports wagon", vs the "business barge" galant. ;-)

CANDEE
31-03-2008, 03:38 AM
LOL at you all :P

Hopefully will have everything sorted by the end of the week :)

bradc
31-03-2008, 06:16 AM
Legnums are better, they made quite a few more times as many Legnum VR-4's as Galants. Figures don't lie!!

Subaru ETA
31-03-2008, 07:15 AM
they make more toyota echos then aston martins so whats your point brad? :p

galants are for the less common people among us :p

Robotnik123
31-03-2008, 09:59 AM
they make more toyota echos then aston martins so whats your point brad? :p

galants are for the less common people among us :p

Astons and echoes are not in the same price range and hardly comoparable. It stands to reason though that most people shopping for a VR-4 would look at both galants and legnums and then select legnums because they are so much better.

Kenneth
31-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Astons and echoes are not in the same price range and hardly comoparable. It stands to reason though that most people shopping for a VR-4 would look at both galants and legnums and then select legnums because they are so much better.

They are definitely better at wrapping around power poles.

Stop arguing fools, you know you need to have a Galant AND a Legnum to be cool.

dixon8
31-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Well even better - Might be this week and Scott is going to pay for the audio de-install, boost gauge, and ecu swap for me :)

I think you should just come over this weekend and strip your legnum rather than let a car yard strip it, if you need a hand.

otherwise you'll be stuck with your old ECU when they swap your one from the new car.....

d i c k i e s
31-03-2008, 09:48 PM
hmmm?

CANDEE
01-04-2008, 06:43 AM
Just got home from Coventry and Ive signed on the dotted line and will take delivery on friday :)

The leggie has gone - has been stripped of all its goodies apart from the battery which will be sorted on thursday when the AVS alarm gets installed at Streetsoundz...

Im getting excited /rally

I have to say na Subby Legacy wagons are gutless hunks..... :thinking:

VR4 MAD
01-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Just got home from Coventry and Ive signed on the dotted line and will take delivery on friday :)

The leggie has gone - has been stripped of all its goodies apart from the battery which will be sorted on thursday when the AVS alarm gets installed at Streetsoundz...

Im getting excited /rally

I have to say na Subby Legacy wagons are gutless hunks..... :thinking:

Well I have to say .................well done. :pimp2: Think you've done the right thing and I'm sure you won't regret it........../rally

Well is it going to be a Sunday cruise then..............huh huh

/toycar

CANDEE
01-04-2008, 09:57 AM
I am pretty happy, hopefully the car is all buffed and touched up on friday :)

I think I have been volunteered to drive ness up to Levin on sunday for lunch with friends, so I think sunday will be out... Though we could possibly do a friday evening meet up and test the HID's out /rally

Oh and mum thinks im crazy - though she is happy as her SX4's plate is later than mine... "EKS" for me and "EKW" for her..... /pan

CANDEE
04-04-2008, 05:29 AM
ITS ARRIVED HOME!!!! Pics on the way :)