PDA

View Full Version : melb aus noob

surf1986
28-03-2008, 02:49 AM
hey guys new as u can see but LOVE the legnum.

cya round the site

Robotnik123
28-03-2008, 04:33 AM
hey guys new as u can see but LOVE the legnum.

cya round the site

Welcome to the site!

I was in Melbourne over January for a couple of weeks and boy was it hot: 40C plus! How does your car cope with the heat? Could your air conditioning manage and did performace suffer? I didn't see a single Legnum anywhere, so yours must be a rare beast.

surf1986
28-03-2008, 05:15 AM
Welcome to the site!

I was in Melbourne over January for a couple of weeks and boy was it hot: 40C plus! How does your car cope with the heat? Could your air conditioning manage and did performace suffer? I didn't see a single Legnum anywhere, so yours must be a rare beast.

i dont own a Legnum yet. ive got a commodore so its fine with the weather. but ur right theres only 60 Legnum's in aus for sale atm. and ive only ever seen 2 but man they are sexc.

this is partly why i joined ur site, to find out how they cope with warmer climates (not that melb is always hot but can be) do there heads crack? do the gaskets brake? are the auto 5speeds good?

Robotnik123
29-03-2008, 02:03 AM
i dont own a Legnum yet. ive got a commodore so its fine with the weather. but ur right theres only 60 Legnum's in aus for sale atm. and ive only ever seen 2 but man they are sexc.

this is partly why i joined ur site, to find out how they cope with warmer climates (not that melb is always hot but can be) do there heads crack? do the gaskets brake? are the auto 5speeds good?

Have you been to www.ozvr4.com another site with lots of VR-4 info and more country specific for you. I had a cracked head on my Legnum once, which was expensive to fix, but that was because the radiator went. The heat on the day probably didn't have much relevance for that failure. The INVECS-II 5 speed auto can be a weak point, but should be OK if serviced regularly and if you use the right ATF fluid - use the wrong ATF and bye bye transmission.

surf1986
31-03-2008, 12:03 AM
cool thanks for that ill check that site to