PDA

View Full Version : Braided Brake Lines

wirdy
19-02-2004, 01:45 AM
I'm upgrading to front Ferodo DS2500 pads next week.
Can anyone give me any contacts for braided lines so I can fit some at the same time.
The enquiries I've made so far have been fruitless. Demon Tweeks have no info on the VR4 brake line lengths / fittings. Can't find a direct contact number to call 'goodrich' either.
Are they the same length and end fittings as the V6 24v?
I'd assume the end fittings are the same as the EVO IV, but are the lengths different?
Galant VR4 / Legnum VR4 different lengths?

The option I've had suggested is to remove my old lines and send them to the company as a template to get braided lines made up.......great if you don't need the car for a week or so, but not an option for me.
I seem to remember a club member having braided lines?, anyone remember whom? Grateful for any info.

Spirit
19-02-2004, 02:14 AM
Found Goodridge's details for you mate:

GOODRIDGE (UK) LTD
GROUP HEADQUARTERS
EXETER AIRPORT • EXETER
EX5 2UP • ENGLAND
TEL: +44 (0)1392 369090
FAX: +44 (0)1392 441780
Email:uksales@goodridge.net

or:

GOODRIDGE (SILVERSTONE)
TECHNICAL CENTRE• UNIT 35,
SILVERSTONE CIRCUIT
TOWCESTER • NORTHANTS
NN12 8TN • ENGLAND
TEL: +44 (0)1327 858799
FAX: +44 (0)1327 858750

Now if they need to see a car then let me know - Exeter is only 45 miles from here and I could pop up if it helps (maybe even get some myself)

wirdy
19-02-2004, 08:33 PM
Thanks Pete, I'll get on to them tomorrow.
Thanks for the offer, if Goodridge have supplied these before they should have a template on their records. The cost for similar cars to ours is around £40 - £50 for a 4-line kit, a relatively cheap upgrade.
I'll add any info I get to this post.

Spirit
20-02-2004, 12:10 AM
You say that but the Galants listed on the Demon Tweeks website was a bit more (see below). Let me know how you get on asap - not much on tomorrow so could pop up in the afternoon maybe

Galant 2WD 06/1994 - 1998 £42.00
Galant 3000 VR4 £84.00 (who has one of these babies ....... lol)
Galant 4WD 06/1989 - 05/1992 £84.00

wirdy
20-02-2004, 12:20 AM
I wouldn't buy through Deamon Thieves for Brake hoses. There are plenty of other stockists out there, I only use DT when there's absolutely no alternative.

Spirit
20-02-2004, 12:23 AM
Yeah that was just an example mate as they are the stockists listed on Goodridge's website.

Spirit
20-02-2004, 11:30 AM
Right was organising my day and called Goodridge in Exeter. They confirmed they have a Galant 3000 VR4 listed - advised him not such a thing, did they mean a VR4 or the US Mitsy 3000 known as a VR4, he said he had no knowledge of the cars - but they said I CANNOT take the car to them to check etc (useless :( ).

What I did manage to get was the lengths of the hoses for the above car so maybe a call to Mitsy could confirm if correct. There are 8 hoses in total in this kit:

2 Front hoses: female connections both ends and 265mm cut length
4 Rear hoses: male connection one end and female the other and 177mm cut length
2 Mid hoses (he thought for rear axle?): female connections both ends and 250mm cut length

wirdy
20-02-2004, 12:23 PM
I spoke to Duncan @ Goodridge myself. He said he'd already given all this info out to two people this morning.
I now see your post.

Just as a courtesy guys, let me know the next time so that we're not all calling asking exactly the same stuff. If I say I'll call-I will. Seems sensible and would have saved his time and my phone bill. (whinge finished).

/gets tape measure to go and measure brake lines and unions.

Spirit
20-02-2004, 12:33 PM
I agree with your comments mate but if you read mine it was because I was trying to plan my day and did not want to sit around all day waiting to find out if I had to drive to Exeter - on holiday this week and not sure when I could have got there again during the week (no doubt they are shut weekends).

Maybe a call at 9am would have assisted as you knew I was waiting ?
If I was happy to drive 90 miles to help the club out I dont see one phone call is too much expense. As for them - tough ****, it's their job to help customers out isn't it ?

/rant mode off :-D

wirdy
20-02-2004, 01:20 PM
We're all working together on this. No further comment.

Anyway,
Have just been out and measured my lines:
Front - approx 505mm line length. Female union into rigid, banjo union into caliper.
Rear - approx 250mm line length. Female union into rigid, male union into caliper.

as the EVO IV is listed at goodridge as
Front 415mm Female union into rigid, banjo into caliper.
Rear 290mm Female union into rigid, banjo into caliper.

Seems like our cars are a combination of standard galant rears and (slightly longer) front EVO IV.

No sign of these 'over the axle' flexible lines, although I'm only on my back in the drive doing this today, will have a better look when I get the car on the ramp. The rear lines are really quite short, but I guess we don't get much rear suspension travel anyway

My measurements are, of course, for the Legnum. Appreciate one of you sedan owners measuring as well just to check my measurements and to see if our lines are exactly the same.
Once I've measured properly on the ramp, and unless anyone has any better ideas, I'll get Goodridge to make me some lines and I'll be the guinea pig.

thfelipeth
20-02-2012, 10:14 AM
goodridge evo 5 braided brake lines..This is a full brake line kit consisting of 4 lines (2 front and 2 rear) for a Mitsubishi Evolution V RS and GSR with / with out brembo brakes. ( Evo5 )

Please check the line measurements against your vehicle to confirm fitment as some models do vary.

Long line with strut locator = 530mm (end to centre of banjo).

Short line = 410mm (end to centre of banjo).

These are W.O.F standard and do not require a cert.

They are DOT approved FMVSS 106 Specified and TUV rated ISO9002

does hits mean we can use them on our cars?? since the fronts are 25mm longer. cant see an issue with that. other than the rears..http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/mitsubishi/brakes/auction-449109454.htm

wintertidenz
21-02-2012, 09:29 AM
I think they do need to be tied up out of the way slightly on the fronts when using Evo lines.

Gly
21-02-2012, 09:40 AM
the evo lines wont work on the standard rear calipers as the are npt vs. the evo bango bolts
fronts will fit (length being same or longer)

you can use pretty much any of the evo 5-9 kits if you do a brembo conversion,
but pays to check on length as they can vary between brands,

im using the goodridge evo 7 kit with my brembo conversion ,
rear lines a little long but i just zip tied them out of the way of anything that could damage them

thfelipeth
21-02-2012, 11:39 AM
the evo lines wont work on the standard rear calipers as the are npt vs. the evo bango bolts
fronts will fit (length being same or longer)

you can use pretty much any of the evo 5-9 kits if you do a brembo conversion,
but pays to check on length as they can vary between brands,

im using the goodridge evo 7 kit with my brembo conversion ,
rear lines a little long but i just zip tied them out of the way of anything that could damage them

sweet! thats great to know then. might get one of this. i saw somewhere that you used spacers/washers on the rear upper arms to fix the huge camber angle we get when lowering vr4s at the rear. Can you recall what size washer/spacers you used?? if you do would be great! thanks gly

funkstardelux
21-02-2012, 01:39 PM
I got HEL to make a set they are in scotland i think

Gly
21-02-2012, 10:16 PM
sweet! thats great to know then. might get one of this. i saw somewhere that you used spacers/washers on the rear upper arms to fix the huge camber angle we get when lowering vr4s at the rear. Can you recall what size washer/spacers you used?? if you do would be great! thanks gly

about 5-8mm worth of spacers (this will depend on how low you go, no real formula for it) and longer bolts to suit grade 8.8 or better),

Scanny
24-02-2012, 04:00 PM
i have a set right here. never been on a car. there is risks involved with fitting them to a V6 so i am not bothering now