PDA

View Full Version : Modified Facelift Front Bumper - Evo Look

Beastlee
30-03-2008, 12:34 PM
http://cgi.ebay.de/Frontverkleidung-im-EVO-X-Style-Mitsubishi-Galant-EA0_W0QQitemZ110237262014QQihZ001QQcategoryZ68217Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Great looking front bumper based on a facelift model. Should fit well and IMHO looks great, subtle but still aggressive. I'm tempted with one myself and then I could find some facelift fogs to fit it....

pitslayer
30-03-2008, 01:31 PM
ewwww no thanks /pan thats hideous /lol

ANTHONY
30-03-2008, 06:08 PM
i think its looks good

thecustomer
30-03-2008, 06:29 PM
that's pretty neat - who'da thought you could put a 2008 face on a VR4 :iloveyou:

great find.

Nutter_John
30-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Lee you do know that it is for a US galant and not a JDM or UK spec one , to make it fit you would need to adjust it quite a bit

Hmmm not sure , looks good but does it say I can't afford an evo so I got a cheap arse bodykit instead , or does it say something else

bradc
30-03-2008, 07:12 PM
if a photoshop expert was to paint the whole thing silver and put in the fog lights I think we'd all appreciate it more :)

White Lightning
30-03-2008, 08:06 PM
if a photoshop expert was to paint the whole thing silver and put in the fog lights I think we'd all appreciate it more :)

I'd like to see that too.

bradc
30-03-2008, 08:13 PM
wohoo, two votes!

Beastlee
30-03-2008, 09:32 PM
It's not for a UDM it is made in Germany based on a German car. Trust me this should fit without a bother as that is a German (European spec) car that you can see it on in the pictures. Don't be fooled by the LHD.

Nutter_John
30-03-2008, 09:39 PM
was the chasis number i was going off and the years of production

Kieran
30-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Lee you do know that it is for a US galant and not a JDM or UK spec one , to make it fit you would need to adjust it quite a bit

I don't think so John - The Germans got the same shape Galants as we did, just in LHD - And that picture is clearly of a Euro galant, so I'd say it'll be okay.

Kieran
30-03-2008, 09:41 PM
was the chasis number i was going off and the years of production

EA0 is how the Germans refer to the 8G - and 1996-2004 is the correct production year range too.:scholar:

Nutter_John
30-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Thanks Lee and K , you learn something new everyday

hmmm maybe then just maybe the other ones on ebay.de are worh looking at then :2thumnsup

Beastlee
31-03-2008, 09:38 AM
I think the other German ebay ones are OK but will more than likely need a bit of modification to fit perfectly. I still like the one that looks like it has about 5 steps on the front.

pitslayer
31-03-2008, 01:30 PM
it just looks like someone forgot about the middle section off it. maybe if it was based on a prefacelift bumper, and had strip running through the middle which seperated the mouth a bit, then maybe.

Beastlee
31-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Ive just decided I don't like the idea of a one piece bumper and grille. What happens if you need to do somethign with the headlamps? You'd have to remove the whole bumper to get to the botls for the lights.

rees
31-03-2008, 04:56 PM
can anyone please post an image of this as stupid redlists wont let me on ebay :(

Nick Mann
31-03-2008, 05:01 PM
From Ebay User ID tripel-h or ebay shop rheincoast-customs:

d i c k i e s
01-04-2008, 03:40 AM
looks alright... just need to fabricate the real thing i guess.
stop using photoshop. ask for a picture with the bumper off the car. (then will see if its real)... from all angles aswell.

rayray24
01-04-2008, 06:38 AM
wohoo, two votes!

Make that three, I agree brad it does look a little funny!!

Beastlee
01-04-2008, 07:00 AM
looks alright... just need to fabricate the real thing i guess.
stop using photoshop. ask for a picture with the bumper off the car. (then will see if its real)... from all angles aswell.

I don't think it's a photoshopchop picture Germans are much more honest when it comes to this sort of thing.

I've just checked the address and I was about 10 miles away from it yesterday, it's about 50 miles from my house. If anyone is genuinely interested in one I would be quite happy to pay them a visit and get pics and a genuine review.

Edit:Adjusted mileage, bit further up the A57 than I thought.

rees
01-04-2008, 05:12 PM
cheers nick , looks... ...interesting i guess , what ya reckon? better in black maybe? would look more menacing

it IS real right ??

MikeKey
01-04-2008, 05:59 PM
I wonder if they sell those lovely matching custom wheels in the picture too? ;)

Turbo_Steve
01-04-2008, 06:55 PM
I think it's a monstrosity!
Good attempt, but the angles on the grille are all wrong, and it totally doesn't suit the lines of the car.

It's definitely not a photoshop, they would have done a better job!

If the black nose could be sorted out to be less overly dramatic (too flared at the bottom) then it's not beyond rescue, but in that paint job......YUK!

Spirit
01-04-2008, 08:49 PM

...and can they do a black version too please /yes

Beastlee
01-04-2008, 09:20 PM
I wonder if they sell those lovely matching custom wheels in the picture too? ;)

In Germany the law states you must have winter tyres fitted during the winter. Most Germans will save their lovely alloys by fitting a new set of 4 wheels and winter tyres at a cost for a cost of around £100. They obviously use the car regularly on the roads.

As a complete response I must admit that I'd fit nice wheels before taking the pics!

If I get time later I'll try a photbodge on the pics.

Johnny_Cashed
01-04-2008, 10:06 PM
On their website they at least improve on a carisma's front end - not great but much better and a bit alfa like

bradc
01-04-2008, 10:21 PM
a 4 year old could improve on a carisma :)

d i c k i e s
01-04-2008, 11:19 PM
I don't think it's a photoshopchop picture Germans are much more honest when it comes to this sort of thing.

I've just checked the address and I was about 10 miles away from it yesterday, it's about 50 miles from my house. If anyone is genuinely interested in one I would be quite happy to pay them a visit and get pics and a genuine review.

Edit:Adjusted mileage, bit further up the A57 than I thought.

Ill love to see the pics.

White Lightning
02-04-2008, 12:50 PM
...and can they do a black version too please /yes

In that case, white too then please /haz

The Vee
02-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Have to agree with Turbo_Steve's comments for the most part. Don't know exactly what it is but it just doesn't quite get it right for me. Bit strange really as the one that was posted on u tube I thought was the mutts. Trouble is can't find the link now.

Louis
04-04-2008, 11:58 PM
I kind of like it, anything that brings it a bit more up to date would be good, but I also thibk it isn't exactly right, Can't put my finger on it but it needs some tweeking

rees
05-04-2008, 11:17 AM
good effort with that pic ,

i feel the same its missing something , i think it just looks ...unfinished or too hastily done??

Turbo_Steve
05-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Got it: It's the depth. It actually looks okay from the front, but from any other angle it's an abortion.
I've had a loooooong look (sad man that I am) at the evo pictures, and the evo grille isn't actually that deep. Also, they used a lighter colour (not black) across the middle. And finally, the "roundy" corners in the black bitare squared off.

Also, it's too "fiddly". The Evo bumper works well because it's mostly smooth, with a pronounced lip at the bottom edge and a "feature" grille. The one shown here as bumps and lumps all over it. Better to have it oversized and smooth, and a much smaller lump at the bottom.

I think it's a case of "close but no cigar" with this...it's soooo nearly very good (from front on it really looks okay if you took a hacksaw to those corners) but the devil is in the detail.