PDA

View Full Version : Advise for this monster

eiril_77
31-03-2008, 03:14 AM
hi
wanna to ask or advice
1. i had mitsubishi eterna with 6a12 engine and wanna to transplant to 6a13tt from VR4 legnum.......

Grizzly
31-03-2008, 07:36 AM
So what type of advice do you seek? :) Please be more specific :)
In general you're removing one engine and put another one back ;)

You'll need (at least) 6A13TT's ECU with engine loom, probaby right engine mount (got to recheck it as cylinder blocks on 6A12 and 6A13 are mostly the same), all intake piping and FMIC, new radiator. Downpipes should come with engine (double check it when you'll buy engine). Exhaust should be redone to provide new engine with ability to get rid of all those gases - stock one for 6A13TT is 63mm/2.5inch in diameter.
I don't know what type of gearbox you have, but that should probably be swapped as well along with driveshafts.

I'd also suggest that you consider new rear axle with diff and propeller shaft (to convert it to AWD), as putting 6A13TT on FWD will give you more frustration than joy - too much power to handle on monodrive.

And first of all - before you even start mods in engine bay - you should refurbish suspension and consider brakes upgrade - Evo 6-9 Brembos will do nicely. Otherwise you'll quickly learn what engine braking means in bad way: braking starts with licence plate frame, then comes front bumper, then grille, then intercooler (I've heard it is very good in braking :)), then radiator and then - finally - engine ;)

Nick Mann
31-03-2008, 09:45 AM
There are a couple of FTOs with a 6A13 implant from a 6A12. As I understand it, the gearbox bolts on to the 6A13, as do the engine mounts. You will need the ecu, exhaust, intake, etc custom made or supplied with the engine.

FWD with 300bhp is not always the most user-friendly, but it has been done before and with the owners being happy.

Kenneth
31-03-2008, 10:04 AM
I would say it is best to keep your monster tucked away until you meet the right chassis to put it in.

Grizzly
31-03-2008, 02:25 PM
There are a couple of FTOs with a 6A13 implant from a 6A12. As I understand it, the gearbox bolts on to the 6A13, as do the engine mounts. You will need the ecu, exhaust, intake, etc custom made or supplied with the engine.

FWD with 300bhp is not always the most user-friendly, but it has been done before and with the owners being happy.

One thing to consider regarding gearboxes is that ones used on FTO and Galant/Eterna are F4(A/M)42 meaning they were designed for lesser torque than 6A13TT produces. It will bolt-on quite easily and will live, but for how long - that is the question :) The same applies to driveshafts.
If decision is made to stay FWD then prjbably F5(A/M)51 from Diamante or Hyundai Grandeur/XG30 should be considered.

v6_mitsu
31-03-2008, 04:02 PM
hai...I want advised to applied my 6A13TT DOHC head cylinder to my galant ST (6A13 SOHC) to increased the acceleration, can it ?What i should use the ecu to synkronize that engine ? thanks

Nick Mann
31-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Grizzly - that's a fair point. I have no idea about gearbox issues with FWD and the 6A13TT. Zentac has broken drive shafts when doing a full launch on a 1/4 mile track with slick tyres (and nitrous?) in his FTO. I think that The Vee is running a standard 6A13 FWD gearbox with his 6A13TT transplant, although I think the clutch is no longer a standard V6 item! I'm sure if either of them notice this thread they'll tell you more.

Nick Mann
31-03-2008, 04:05 PM
hai...I want advised to applied my 6A13TT DOHC head cylinder to my galant ST (6A13 SOHC) to increased the acceleration, can it ?What i should use the ecu to synkronize that engine ? thanks

I have no idea. But I would imagine that it will produce less power, as the compression ratio will decrease. My guess is that it is a LOT of work for no gain.

eiril_77
01-04-2008, 07:56 AM
i had buy halfcut of vr4 legnum... and decide to transplant all it to my eterna 6a12 n.a to this monster... but my problem is g/box is oppersite position

Grizzly
01-04-2008, 08:32 AM
i had buy halfcut of vr4 legnum... and decide to transplant all it to my eterna 6a12 n.a to this monster... but my problem is g/box is oppersite position

Sorry, pal, but that problem is irreversible. Maybe look for 6A12 Turbo from previous VRs (E5x-E8x series)

eiril_77
01-04-2008, 09:42 AM
in my country, if i change or fabricate chasis mounting.... it illegal.....

pitslayer
01-04-2008, 11:10 AM
i was talking with my mate who has an FTO, and apparently some guy is working on a supercharger kit. so im told it cant be run at more than 4 psi, but that might be worth a shot

eiril_77
22-04-2008, 11:35 AM
bottom mounting is ok to install but left and right side had to move...