PDA

View Full Version : bad week, now pretty good!

bradc
02-04-2008, 07:41 AM
I've taken my first sick days from work ever this week! Started working part time when I was 14 in 1998 and full time in Jan 2002, and never taken one before. Had a sore throat on Monday morning, and by the afternoon I had a headache, my head and neck felt really hot, and the rest of my body felt freezing and I had goose bumps all over my arms from feeling cold.

Anyways, didn't eat anything for the rest of the day and didn't sleep at all on Monday night. Managed to crawl out of bed at some point and have a semi-concious shower, ate an orange and a banana, then promptly threw up. Spent most of the day watching movies, tried another orange in the afternoon and managed to keep that down, and probably got a few hours of sleep between 2am and 5am. At 5am I felt sick again and spent some more time getting to know the toilet, and I've managed to eat one piece of toast today after 2 failed attemps. Went to the doctors in the afternoon and he didn't do anything other than give me a somewhat cute slip that looked like something a nurse would hand out in school so I could stay at home tomorrow as well if I still feel bad. My temperature has been 37.8-38.4C over the last few days. Still feel like crap.

Now for the good news, got a new Odyssey battery today to replace one of my ones that was playing up, so I can actually drive the VR-4 again - but only when I'm well again. TBH I'm having enough problems walking in a straight line at the moment and typing, I'm not going to try and drive it at the moment!

elnevio
02-04-2008, 07:48 AM
Well, sounds like you're on the mend. Hope you're 100% sooner rather than later though, you've got a battery to fit!

Just don't rush anything, do take plenty of fluids, etc, etc...

bradc
02-04-2008, 07:58 AM
already put the battery in and turned the car on and off about 10 times in 5 minutes, the battery voltage went from 12.64v to 12.81v over that time and all of those starts :) I'm happy with that. The old ones got pretty screwed, I could drive the car for 40 minutes with around 14v at the battery terminals, turn the car off and when I tried to turn it on, the car would barely turn over about 3 or 4 times before it just gave up.

Been drinking quite a bit of water and a few 600ml bottles of ginger beer which actually made me feel quite a bit better. The headache is gone now, but still got a blocked nose and coughing all the time.

Hope I can actually sleep tonight, there is no way I could actually concentrate on customers computer problems at the moment!

Lillywotsername
02-04-2008, 08:30 AM
Get well soon Brad.

bradc
03-04-2008, 06:48 PM
I was going to go to work this morning, hence being awake at this time, but tried to eat breakfast and it all came back up again

Very annoying, staying at home is boring when you can't do anything. How do unemployed people get along?

KHK
03-04-2008, 06:58 PM
go to see a doctor quick, bradc

o ! brad went to doctors 2 days ago . i missed that line. ha

TAR
03-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Get well soon Brad.

Lots of fluids and lots of sleep should see you right.

elnevio
03-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Very annoying, staying at home is boring when you can't do anything. How do unemployed people get along?
You could try posting more threads? :P

bradc
03-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Keith, on Wednesday it cost me $26 and he did nothing, I mean I could go back today but I just don't see the point. I am on the mend now though.

Tim, thanks buddy :)

Nev, thats the plan!

KHK
03-04-2008, 07:36 PM
u seem having a flu, as far as i know there is no medication for flu

make sure u keep yourself warm enough if u don't have fever,

don't get cold
no ice cream, no cold food/drink/beer etc

Kieran
03-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Get well soon Brad - And yeah, lay of the bad stuff! Lots of water, fruit, vegetables and lemsip!

bradc
03-04-2008, 09:52 PM
K - I thought that was the bad stuff? Actually I've found that Ginger Beer has been really good, I don't normally drink the stuff at all.

Keith - As I just said above, cold Ginger Beer has actually been pretty good, keeping me feeling ok and not starving. Definitely haven't been having alcohol!

Kieran
03-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Ginger is good for colds. Keeps you warm and ginger is well known for settling poorly tummies. :scholar:

So you see, Everyone should have a bit of Ginger in them at some point! /Devil5

SGHOM
03-04-2008, 10:22 PM
A touch of cold & you NZ lot fall like flies !! /pan /pan

bradc
03-04-2008, 10:33 PM
maybe the ginger beer just made me delirious?

ANTHONY
03-04-2008, 11:14 PM
So you see, Everyone should have a bit of Ginger in them at some point! somehow i dont think you would make Brad better.

hope you get wll soomn mate

White Lightning
03-04-2008, 11:30 PM
Get well soon buster.

KHK
04-04-2008, 01:54 AM
i'd drink hot ginger coke with lemon, taste so nice and good to health

Turbo_Steve
04-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Brad: You and me both, mate :D My temp hit 41degrees last night (which I have discovered is serious hallucination territory) however, thankfully, today I seem to be loads better. This is good, as continually washing the sweat out of the bedsheets is costing a fortune :)

So you have my sympathies, mate, being ill sucks. Sounds like you're on the mend now?

bradc
04-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Yeah I'm pretty much perfect now, still a bit of a cough but otherwise ok.

FNFAST VR4
05-04-2008, 11:53 PM
I got told about a home remedy last time I got that sick, you warm up some ginger beer, and dissolve two disprin and a sachet of lemsip. It seems to make you feel a lot better.

Turbo_Steve I agree, there is nothing worse than having to change/wash sheets when you feel like absolute crap!