PDA

View Full Version : Who's got a Trust/ Greddy intercooler kit?

Oblivion
04-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Hey everyone,
I'm looking to buy one later this year but in the near future I'm wanting to put new hoses/ clamps/ piping on. What I need to know is what piping and joins etc comes with the kit so I dont end up changing the ones that will already be included in the kit!

From the photo's it looks like maybe just the two that join to the intercooler?
This is the one I'm looking at.
http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm/GReddy-Spec-R-HG-SMIC-Intercooler-Kit-Lancer-Evolution-Legnum-Airtrek-12178#

stuartturbo
04-04-2008, 08:08 PM
I do have one but I am not sure what pipes are included but If yo buy the item you listed and this one
http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm/CUSCO-Turbo-Pipe-EC5W-Legnum-6A13-13540
It covers everything
believe the kit comes with the pipe on the drivers side that just breaks through into the inner wing
The passenger side of the pipe just runs up towards the soft pipe before the throttle body

Beastlee
04-04-2008, 10:49 PM
How much????? I hope that it makes £700 worth of extra bhp! On a SAAB 9000 that much money would take you from stock to a lot more than a VR-4 in one go!

Kieran
05-04-2008, 12:28 AM
I got the Greddy Spec-V. Both the V and the Spec-R come with ally pipes to join to the intercooler. You retain the stock flexis that you see when you open the bonnet - but everything beneath that changes.

Some thoughts can be found in this post, in the second paragraph:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=194022&postcount=91

VR4 MAD
05-04-2008, 12:40 AM
Hey everyone,
I'm looking to buy one later this year but in the near future I'm wanting to put new hoses/ clamps/ piping on. What I need to know is what piping and joins etc comes with the kit so I dont end up changing the ones that will already be included in the kit!

http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm/GReddy-Spec-R-HG-SMIC-Intercooler-Kit-Lancer-Evolution-Legnum-Airtrek-121

78# (http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm/GReddy-Spec-R-HG-SMIC-Intercooler-Kit-Lancer-Evolution-Legnum-Airtrek-12178#)
Here's a couple of pictures of the kit showing the basic bits you get.............there are additional clamps etc but the pictures show the major replacement inlet and outlet pipe sections, their shape and extent. There are no other large silicone joiners other than the two shown though.

21709 21710

Hope that helps a bit.....as stuartturbo suggests, get both the intercooler kit and the Cusco hard pipe kit and you'll have replacements for almost all the common flexible pipe sections then.

/toycar

Oblivion
05-04-2008, 05:45 AM
Thanks guys, you've been heaps of help! :D
Oh one more thing, it fits behind the stock bumper? I'm guessing it would...... :thinking:

Gowf
07-04-2008, 11:02 PM
Thanks guys, you've been heaps of help! :D
Oh one more thing, it fits behind the stock bumper? I'm guessing it would...... :thinking:

Yeah it does, you just have to modify the front impact bar a little bit. Just need to cut 2 sections out for the corners of the intercooler

Kenneth
07-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Hey everyone,

http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm/GReddy-S...Airtrek-12178#

For less money you could get one of the full kits from that dude that made Don's kit... Full kit from the turbos to the throttle body I think.

VR4DVL
19-04-2008, 09:48 AM
there's an intercooler piping kit on trademe better than the one you're looking at. think buy now's set at $825 the one on trademe replaces ALL the stock piping, it's got bigger piping as well, i'd be more inclined to get the one on trademe.

Subaru ETA
19-04-2008, 10:46 AM
i think that thats the one ken was talking about

Kenneth
19-04-2008, 09:58 PM
i think that thats the one ken was talking about

Yep, sure was.

Wodjno
19-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Yeah it does, you just have to modify the front impact bar a little bit. Just need to cut 2 sections out for the corners of the intercooler

Is it a 600x300x100 FMIC ?

I fitted mine without modification to the impact bar.. :D

Thats 1 thing i wasn't goint to cut :inquisiti

Gowf
20-04-2008, 03:36 AM
Is it a 600x300x100 FMIC ?

I fitted mine without modification to the impact bar.. :D

Thats 1 thing i wasn't goint to cut :inquisiti

Its 248/600/76. It definately requires some of the impact bar to be removed, not a lot but a wee bit. End of the day you can get any intercooler to fit if you really want it too, but this kit comes with all brackets and bits and bobs to make life easy, inc the p/s cooler.

Wodjno
20-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Its 248/600/76. It definately requires some of the impact bar to be removed, not a lot but a wee bit. End of the day you can get any intercooler to fit if you really want it too, but this kit comes with all brackets and bits and bobs to make life easy, inc the p/s cooler.

Well thats smaller than the 1 i fitted, without the need to cut ?

I did modify the vertical bracket behind the Intercooler to which the Bonnet catch attaches to though..

But Deffo no need to cut Impact beam..

Gowf
20-04-2008, 02:56 PM
The one i had for the skyline was similar i think, with the need to modify the bonnet catch. It must just be a case of the bracketing holding the cooler a little further forward. Like i say, it wasnt much to remove from the bar, about 1" square each side

Wodjno
20-04-2008, 03:01 PM
The one i had for the skyline was similar i think, with the need to modify the bonnet catch. It must just be a case of the bracketing holding the cooler a little further forward. Like i say, it wasnt much to remove from the bar, about 1" square each side

Granted its easy to remove /yes

But being as the Impact beam is there for good reason.. I thought it best not to mess with it..

Each to there own and all that, but i din't like to mess with things that are gonna make the car weaker or less safe :speechles

Regarding the brackets.. I custom made mine so the FMIC went exactly where i wanted it /yes

Gowf
20-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Cutting down the impact bar will not weaken the car or make it less safe. I know that by removing metal from the original mitsi design you can argue how can it be the of the same strength, which i will agree it is not in certain orientations. With regard to impact testing, by the nature of where the bar is mounted, if there was a front impact the bar would still deform in the same way, although it now has an intercooler to deform through.

I sound like im being quite anal about this, i dont intend to be, just putting the point across that cutting the bar isnt that bad a thing to do, i do agree though that complete removal isnt the best of plans