PDA

View Full Version : Flag

gee118
05-04-2008, 11:37 AM
I noticed that the ozzy,kiwi and uk flags are on the home page.
I know it may sound a bit undeserved considering the < amount of people/valued input the Irish have on the site, but would people mind adding it to the home page bar there?

Nick Mann
05-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Personally, no, I don't mind if its added. I'm not sure if it means something else or not? Originally there was just UK and NZ, which were the two main areas. The Administrator at the time was considering an Australian section, but for whatever reason it never happened. That could be the reason that the Oz flag is there too?

If we are going to add flags for each country we have (had) members in, then we need to add Germany, Russia, USA, Norway, Japan & Holland at least, I think?

Wodjno
05-04-2008, 12:36 PM
It's a UK flag.. Which incorporates Northern Ireland..

So unless your Southern Ireland your covered..

TAR
05-04-2008, 01:08 PM
I think it might look good with flags for each country represented on the forum (assuming we have enogh space for them all).

ANTHONY
05-04-2008, 01:23 PM
I think it might look good with flags for each country represented on the forum (assuming we have enogh space for them all).i'd agree with that

Wodjno
05-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Maybe we should have Pics of everybodys Pets on the front page as well :speechles

TAR
05-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Maybe we should have Pics of everybodys Pets on the front page as well :speechles

Whats that got to do with the price of fish??

Wodjno
05-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Or how about this Flag ?

http://universalflag.org/creation+of+the+flag.html

gee118
05-04-2008, 04:54 PM
It's a UK flag.. Which incorporates Northern Ireland..

So unless your Southern Ireland your covered..

The UK flag covers Northern Ireland in the opinion of unionists and the Irish flag covers the entire island of Ireland (including the north) in the opinion of nationalists but that's beside the point.

If the flags are there for the respective countries the members come from then any member should be allowed to add his country's flag???
If they're there for another reason, then i withdraw the request forth with! :-)

Wodjno
05-04-2008, 05:17 PM
The UK flag covers Northern Ireland in the opinion of unionists and the Irish flag covers the entire island of Ireland (including the north) in the opinion of nationalists but that's beside the point.

If the flags are there for the respective countries the members come from then any member should be allowed to add his country's flag???
If they're there for another reason, then i withdraw the request forth with! :-)

Point taken.. :)

I want my English Flag up there /yes

Cos i am English /yes Not British :thinking: British is anyone that is born in britain or has gained British Citizenship.. /yes

Bring on the Flags :scholar:

Can i have a SpongeBob 1 as well :pimp2:

Nick Mann
06-04-2008, 03:30 PM
/pan

I'll try and remember to raise it at the next committee meeting.

ianturbo
06-04-2008, 07:33 PM
I noticed that the ozzy,kiwi and uk flags are on the home page.
I know it may sound a bit undeserved considering the < amount of people/valued input the Irish have on the site, but would people mind adding it to the home page bar there?
That reminds me of Gunniess :chugchug:
ian