PDA

View Full Version : CVR4 Logo

Spirit
20-02-2004, 01:44 PM
With the impending launch of merchandise we are looking at the CVR4 logo.

It is likely we will not be able to use the three diamonds due to copyright (but I am going to speak to Mitsy) and the MLR have already used a different version of the diamonds on their logo. So let's throw it open to you creative people out there and Barry can decide who's is best.

So far my idea is to have the Japanese for "VR4" with Club VR4 below it. I have emailed someone in Japan to get it translated correctly (too complicated the Japanese language lol).

Other ideas......???

colVR4
20-02-2004, 02:20 PM
Why not save the hassle and use some of the club funds to get a proper professional product.

http://www.thelogofactory.com/logo_design_pricing/logo_rates.int.html

I am sure that there are a few budding graphic designers out there in clubland who would give it a go, but for the sake of £150 or so why not get a professionally designed product. There is always the danger that whatever we come up with will look amateurish at best.

Just my thoughts.

Spirit
20-02-2004, 02:22 PM
We do not have any funds available mate

Nick VR4
20-02-2004, 02:25 PM
Pete I think VR4 in Japanese is VR4 maybe wrong but got this off a Translation web site

Japanese = クラブVR4
English = Club VR4

Spirit
20-02-2004, 02:28 PM
I tried that Nick but there is two or three versions of certain letters/words etc - and I found these for number 4:

Nick Mann
20-02-2004, 02:46 PM
Why not just go for the CVR4 logo as it appears under the members name? Simple, so should be cheap, and unique?

Spirit
20-02-2004, 02:51 PM
The logo has to have a template made so does not really matter the detail too much (my guy said same price with or without the diamonds for example) - we will just email them the logo and they take it from there....so do not worry too much about it.

Big Ian
22-02-2004, 10:57 AM
just an idea :headsc: ,but why not get our own made=we can all post idea's of how it should look take a vote,get the size and colour's agreed on (maybe someone with photo-shop could do this better) then post the final item in the member's section in a printable (approx size) version and take it along to a graffic shop and get one made for themselve.
Or do as above and anyone close to a graffic shop could ask for a BULK-PRICE? and post a price with postal charge's and then send them to everyone who pay's up front for one..

i don't mind doing the latar idea as ive got a few graffic shop's close to me.

Spirit
22-02-2004, 07:13 PM
Ian, the whole point was to make the merchandise professional looking - hence the logos will be emroidered and not transfers (we had them before as a taster). To do the embroidery a thing needs to be made to fit the companies stitching machine thingy. This costs £25 - £40 approx to do but this will be accounted for as part of the price.

Barry and I will discuss prices which will include p+p etc and then will be for sale on here once available. Of course we will build in a couple of quid per item profit to go into the club coffers for future expansion etc.

And then at Club meets etc those who have purchased the merchandise will be matching which will be better than everyone wearing different colours etc. Of course if you decide the price is too dear to buy the merchandise then thats your call.

Pete

Brind
22-02-2004, 10:00 PM
Does anyone know what the font type is for the VR-4 symbol? I know Barry has used Verdana and it does actually look almost correct but I'm sure it isn't quite.
VR-4

Brind
22-02-2004, 10:03 PM
From another site.

Spirit
22-02-2004, 10:09 PM
Does anyone know what the font type is for the VR-4 symbol? I know Barry has used Verdana and it does actually look almost correct but I'm sure it isn't quite.

It's a weird one Mark - Barry had to email me the font when we made the CVR4 banner. Can't remember what it was called but the shop did not have it on their pc either.

Spirit
22-02-2004, 10:12 PM
Had a reply from Popo in Japan....apparantly

VR4 written in Japanese:

“ブイアールフォー”
“ぶいあーるふぉー”

So guess thats out then..... :-D

I have emailed him back to ask what bit is V/R/4 etc

BraindG
22-02-2004, 10:14 PM
the font used above is a pay-for font :thinking: - but i didn't :$
im working on a logo aswell just now..

Brind
22-02-2004, 10:21 PM
I'll have a little play later but don't have time at the mo..

This is from another site:

enigma
22-02-2004, 10:56 PM
I see no need to pay........there are endless ways of making an impression!

Just 10 mins with my PC and I have this! But anything is possible! :D

Big Ian
22-02-2004, 11:01 PM
Ian, the whole point was to make the merchandise professional looking - hence the logos will be emroidered and not transfers Pete

:wall: sorry i picked it up wrong!!
( :dunce: i must remember to read more carefully)

enigma
22-02-2004, 11:21 PM
Or just a simple

Brind
23-02-2004, 01:00 AM
Any final choices on fleece colour? as we could make it to suit that, what I mean is.. if the jacket is very dark it might look really cack if the logo is too bright, it'll look like it's just been stuck to you. :thinking:

So perhaps just something very simple like 'text'

ClubVR-4

ClubVR-4

ClubVR-4

ClubVR-4

KiwiTT
23-02-2004, 01:09 AM
Here is my idea ?

C L U B VR-4
"For Mitsubishi Galant and Legnum Enthusiasts"
"We work to live, and to live is to drive a VR-4"
"WWW.CLUBVR4.CO.UK"

Not everyone owns a VR-4, but they do own "less powerful" versions and it would suit most members.

Brind
23-02-2004, 01:10 AM
Yep.. I vote for Kiwi's idea.

Big Ian
23-02-2004, 01:15 AM
if it's text are you also adding ".co.uk" and what position are you thinking of putting at? (breast,arm or back) what about royal blue fleece and the badge=clubvr4.co.uk

KiwiTT
23-02-2004, 01:21 AM
badge=clubvr4.co.uk

Remeber it can also be reached at clubvr4.co.nz, However incorporating the main web address "www.clubvr4.co.uk" get my support

Freddy
23-02-2004, 03:40 AM
I have been down this road with our own logos on shirts. To much info can muddy the appearance of what you are trying to say. The logo on the above left of this page is all you need. Its clean and sharp and if people want to know they will ask, and you can tell them the web address.
This is what we came up with and it works well. But hey I'm just a mad fish in a crazy sea. :rolleyes5

Spirit
23-02-2004, 08:07 AM
I like the plain and simple idea......simply CLUB VR-4 in some format I guess, maybe with .co.uk in small letters on the end ?

BraindG
23-02-2004, 08:19 AM
i think plain and simple... to much to read may make it ugleh...
atm im working on a little logo/symbol to put beside CLUBVR4 perhaps an abstract set of AYC bars... or the diamonds at a different angle..

i sat down for 15 minutes lastnight and gave up.. i wasnt in the mood :thinking:

Big Ian
23-02-2004, 08:21 AM
how would it stand with mitsubishi if you used there logo shape but finished it in a diff-colour or shade?

BraindG
23-02-2004, 08:29 AM
i spoke to extreme about this.. ok they not Mitsubishi them selves, but close enough.. they said we might aswell use the Mitsubishi logo until they complain... (i had a couple around the place on old website design) - but the last thing i want to do is get a whole load of merchandise only to find out we got a lawsuit on our hands (ok, maybe not - but still) - id rather not rock the boat, and go for something else/similar...

enigma
23-02-2004, 06:40 PM
OK.........here I go again with my creative hat on! Its just an idea, and would need some refinement!

enigma
23-02-2004, 07:04 PM
Or you could go for the number plate style..............

Brind
23-02-2004, 08:18 PM
It would be nice if we could somehow incorporate the Ralliart logo as that would make people aware what these cars 'actually' are rather than relating them to your average Vectra type car with a spoiler.

Copyright issues again I would imagine and especially being a noticed club it would make it even more dodgy to show it off, I've got an unofficial Ralliart lookalike logo on my number plates but you wouldn't normally take notice of it.

I still think plain text wins..
Not sure if the .co.uk bit would look good or not but either way it would make the logo more functional and get noticed more and make it easier for people to look us up.

Spirit
23-02-2004, 08:31 PM
Okay sussed out the Japanese logo - I am not creative so can anyone work with this ?

ブイアールフォ

Had an email back from Popo to explain the previous Jap text: "Japanese use two styles of text and chinese. They are called "hiragana" and "katakana". We are usually using "katakana" for writing foreign language. The above is written in "katakana".

I think the Jap text with Club VR4 above or below it maybe on a Jap flag or something ?

Freddy
23-02-2004, 08:52 PM
You already have a nice logo, run with that.