PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Lincoln

chewy121
10-04-2008, 12:26 AM
just become the proud owner of a galant VR4.
First turbo motor a for a couple of years and coming back to it from boring 4x4x ownership I have just picked up a nice 97 Galant VR4 and wow really impressed!! had subaru WRX and mk2 GTO before and this galant really impresses me over the two.

Any way hope to come along to some meets

looking to do a few things to motor but will gen up first any other locals to me?

elnevio
10-04-2008, 07:05 AM
Hello and /Welcome2!

There's a few members knocking around the East Mids area generally - sure they'll be saying hi soon enough. There's a fairly regularly mini-meet arranged, so you might be able to make one of those. Details will appear on the forum at some point, hopefully(!).

Pop some pictures up of your VR-4 so we can all drool accordingly!

Is it a fresh import, or another member's car, or just a random purchase?

I definitely recommend paying the £20 membership fee to join as a full member. The wealth of additional information available is easily worth that. Then there's the 20% discount with Sky Insurance. And the 15% discount on Amsoil products - which are consistently recommended as the best for VR-4s. You'll make the fee back several times over per year!

Oh, and the club is attending JapFest this year at Castle Combe on May 17th. Have a look at the JapFest threads on here for full details!

Anyway, enjoy the VR-4 /rally !

Nick Mann
10-04-2008, 08:30 AM
Hello! And welcome!

/Welcome

chewy121
10-04-2008, 09:28 AM
thanks for the welcome guys, lookingforward to meet with you all at some point i always join an owners club with what ever car i have had, hope you guys are not as anal as the subaru guys though lol.

Anyway will post some pics my vr4 has been in countrya year and is deep metalic gey purple looks really nice the plan was to buy a gto but a little bit of the sinsibble side of me stepped in and said GALANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive always like the look of the car anyway completely standard except for a hks dump valve that i got them to fit as part of deal although it is really quiet - although to be honest i havent not even looked at that yet to busy enjoying the car!!!!!!!! ;-)

miller
10-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Hi and welcome,

another ex GTO owner, maybe we need our own sub forum!

Get some pics up and the best next spend is £20 membership. Ive saved it straightaway in oil discounts!

Mike

Nick VR4
10-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum

Davezj
10-04-2008, 01:20 PM
yes welcome, we are a friendly bunch!!

Lillywotsername
10-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Hi and /Welcome

Beastlee
10-04-2008, 05:16 PM
Hi chewy, what part of Lincoln are you from? I lived off Brant Road and still have in-laws in Glebe Park.

You'll not regret getting a VR4, i just wish I had one when I was still in Lincoln, the stealth factor would have been great fun.

TAR
10-04-2008, 08:19 PM
hope you guys are not as anal as the subaru guys though lol.

Afraid we do have a few...../pan

Welcone to the club.

psbarham
10-04-2008, 09:05 PM
howdy doody mate, as above welcome to the club.

at last i'm not alone in this god forsaken place that is lincolnshire, i'm near spalding, so not a million miles from you, jakester is also just outside lincoln and i know he has been looking at getting another vr4.

Physician
10-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Hi and welcome buddy ..........

chewy121
11-04-2008, 10:59 PM
im based in a village called reepham near cherrywillingham would be good to try and sort a meet for us lincoln folk, seems like a nice welcome anyway and have to say ive loved every minute driving so far!!!!!!! over in sheffield an awful lot my office is over there!!!

elnevio
11-04-2008, 11:57 PM
im based in a village called reepham near cherrywillingham would be good to try and sort a meet for us lincoln folk, seems like a nice welcome anyway and have to say ive loved every minute driving so far!!!!!!! over in sheffield an awful lot my office is over there!!!
Where in Sheffield is your office then? I work in Sheffield, near the botanical gardens.

Beastlee
12-04-2008, 08:33 AM
My wife went to Cherry Willingham School, we know the area very well. Perhaps we'll see you when we're over next.

SGHOM
12-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Where in Sheffield is your office then? I work in Sheffield, near the botanical gardens.

A lot of you seem to be either working or passing through Sheffield often & I've yet to bump into any of you....... metaphorically speaking !! /rally

elnevio
12-04-2008, 01:15 PM
A lot of you seem to be either working or passing through Sheffield often & I've yet to bump into any of you....... metaphorically speaking !! /rally
I try to avoid dirty Saabs! /pan

chewy121
12-04-2008, 01:20 PM
my office is near killamarsh and have a friend in mosborough so often over that way.

not far from the school at all and went there myself whats your wifes name ?

im 29 this year to give you an indication if i might know her/you.

Loving the car need to sort the dump valve out though its so quiet!!!!!!

SGHOM
12-04-2008, 01:21 PM
I try to avoid dirty Saabs! /pan
Are you insinuating my saaaab's dirt............ Ok, I'l shurrup ! :oops: :embarasse :embarasse

Beastlee
12-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Heidi is thinks it's possible you do know each other! Although she says you'd have been in the 1st year when she was in 5th but you may know her brother, Gareth Fox.