PDA

View Full Version : Engine mounts

Gowf
10-04-2008, 05:08 PM
Does anyone know of anyone who has uprated engine mounts either poly or nylon? Im looking to get some made just not sure where the best place would be.

stuartturbo
10-04-2008, 06:07 PM
theres the Pro lida but unfortunately it's exchange
or make your own with flexeane??? questionable spelling

Gowf
10-04-2008, 06:28 PM
I just had a look, £300 including the surchage i think (my japanese isnt that great). Just really wondering if i can find a company in the uk that will make these. I do have a spare set to get done though. I need them for when the forged engine gets dropped in, which will hopefully be soonish

TAR
10-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Just a quick trawl of the internet bought up this company.

I do not know them or their products, but they may be promising as they say they have no minimum order quantity.

http://www.aegisrubberengineering.co.uk/products.html

Paul Beazer
10-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Im pretty sure Kieran knocked some up with Flexane for Aridknee. Not sure how they're lasting though?

Eurospec
11-04-2008, 08:45 AM
If you have a spare set you can make your own. You just get one set and push the rubber bit out. If you dont have access to a press, then you and burn them out with oxy if you pay a gazzilion pounds to the carbon tax gods (it stinks). Then saw out the metal collar.

Now you just make a jig to hold the central metal collar in the right place, then you just fill the void with elastane you can get from 3m. It takes it about a week to set, but then its SOLID.

We used to do this in the days before polly mounts for gto's were available.

One thing though- my commercial poly mounts were fappin solid. When we originally put the engine in we had to use a big (read 6 foot) lever bar to get the engine onto them. After a drag season and a half they are fubar'd. Ie they are egged out and the metal collars slap about in them like a stick rattling round the channel tunnel!

Solid mounts might be better for big power really. At least for the front and rear.

Cheers,

Ben.

Gowf
11-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Well as you know ben, i think ive pretty much got as solid a mount as you can get on the front! I had aluiminium mounts in the 205 rally car, but they came out as it was just too harsh. Ended up with nylon, they were severe but not too bad, although you couldnt see out of the rear view mirror for vibration. I was meaning to just pick up the phone and find out where you got yours from, but i assumed that you can now get yours off the shelf

Louis
11-04-2008, 02:01 PM
The flexi stuff Kieran experimenyed with looked good, also there are different strengths and K said somewere like solid mount, didn't seem to costly either

Louis
11-04-2008, 02:10 PM
info here

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11846&page=4&highlight=engine+mount

Louis
12-04-2008, 08:33 PM
found the link, here you go

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=166558

Gowf
13-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Cheers for that, im thinking that the flexane 94 may be the way to go, certaily for the roll stoppers, maybe an 80 for the other 2. Be interesting to see how severe they end up being