PDA

View Full Version : Boostcontroller

ianturbo
10-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Got my boost controller this morning ,can't afford fancy electric one yet so manuel one has to do , just a few questions ,should there be a grub screw or some thing in the threaded hole under the control knob , it fells a bit loose when i go + ways , i thought it should click , and do i connect the T bit into the pipe with the red clip on side of intake ?
i looked on web site were i got it from and they tell me to fit it from accuator pipe on turbo , but i have 2 turbos :book: 21773

ian
got it from here http://turborevs.org.uk/vmchk/turbo-and-boost-kits/manual-boost-controller/manual-boost-controller-kit.html

CANDEE
10-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Not sure about the brub screw on the adjustment side but yes you use the red pipe off the intake manifold for the "T" piece :)

Nick Mann
10-04-2008, 09:18 PM
There is a T to the actuator pipes which is found just behind the thermostat. I assume that this feeds from the solenoid which is found just behind that, below and just in front of the throttle body, but mine has been by-passed for an electronic boost controller.

I can't answer the other questions with any authority at all - I have never played with a manual boost controller!

Hope that helps.

Physician
10-04-2008, 10:15 PM
I do believe WODJNO is the man to ask ........ (Glen)

Xenophon
25-04-2008, 01:41 PM
first , the tap: 2 gold one connect to the intake and the wastegate
the red one conenct to the in-cabin controller, the other of the in-cabin controller is the exhaust line.!

my email : spcrxj@gmail.com
if still dont know how to do just email me

ianturbo
27-04-2008, 01:06 AM
first , the tap: 2 gold one connect to the intake and the wastegate
the red one conenct to the in-cabin controller, the other of the in-cabin controller is the exhaust line.!

my email : spcrxj@gmail.com
if still dont know how to do just email me
Exhaust line ? do i just let it hang out like a overflow ?
ian

Xenophon
29-04-2008, 12:19 AM
Exhaust line ? do i just let it hang out like a overflow ?
ian

in my opinion it like the 'bleed type'

u can email me and i can show u some pic and help u until u install it. : )