PDA

View Full Version : what to do with a camshaft?????

psbarham
10-04-2008, 09:01 PM
for ages i've had an ex works honda touring car camshaft sitting in my workshop (don't ask its a long story) 'so what' you think 'its just a knobbly stick', aah thats where you are wrong, its hollow bored to reduce rotating mass, which means you can see straight down the middle of it, now one thing led to another and well this is what happened to it

ritch_w
10-04-2008, 09:07 PM
petrolhead furnishings - pure genius!!!!!!

Kieran
10-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Brilliant!!:afro:

Nick Mann
Heh! Very good! :thumbsup:

psbarham
petrolhead furnishings - pure genius!!!!!!

you should see my incense stick holder, its a honda touring car con rod

Davezj
10-04-2008, 09:44 PM
don't hate me for this but if it was usable couldn't you stick it on EBAY and sell it someone with a honda. who would pay big time for a real touring car cam.

But fair play to you the lamp does look good and a good use for a old clutch plate.

psbarham
10-04-2008, 09:50 PM
don't hate me for this but if it was usable couldn't you stick it on EBAY and sell it someone with a honda. who would pay big time for a real touring car cam.

i did think abouth that but the people who build the engines and regrind the cams don't put a part no on the cam so buggered if you know if its inlet or exhaust, and anyway the chances of getting another are slimmer than kate moss on an all celery diet so i decided to keep it for myself

Davezj
10-04-2008, 09:54 PM
and it does look good.

Physician
10-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Cool ......... I like items like that - no-one in the world has a lamp like that!

bernmc
10-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Personally, I'd have used it to bludgeon my family to death and buried them in the garden. That way, this year's cabbages would have been extra tasty.

Oh well. Each to his own eh.

Physician
10-04-2008, 10:20 PM
Personally, I'd have used it to bludgeon my family to death and buried them in the garden. That way, this year's cabbages would have been extra tasty.

Oh well. Each to his own eh.

Oh dear! I think he wants to move the sheep indoors!/pan

Paul Beazer
11-04-2008, 06:43 AM
Mmm tenderised lamb.....

pitslayer
14-04-2008, 02:54 PM
ive made little men out of conrods, look cool. and ive seen a picture of someone who turned a V8 engine into a BBQ. and the spare interior which ive now sold, i keep looking at it and going.....those front seats would make awesome gaming chairs in my bedroom, and the rear seats would be aswell......

WildCards
14-04-2008, 03:00 PM
you should see my incense stick holder

Err no, we shouldn't, and as a man of the red blooded variety you shouldn't have such a gay item in your house. FFS.

Liking the lamp though, very cool.

Kieran
14-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Err no, we shouldn't, and as a man of the red blooded variety you shouldn't have such a gay item in your house. FFS..

Pfffft - Nowt wrong with burning insence Steve! Broaden your horizons! Leave behind your whippet and flat cap and join us in the 21st Century! :p

WildCards
14-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Pfffft - Nowt wrong with burning insence Steve!

Says you mate, I'm happy with eau de engine oil wafting it's way through my house of an evening along with such manly smells as creosote, burnt brake pads, degreaser, lawn mower cuttings and BBQ ash. Man-up fella's.

Physician
14-04-2008, 05:08 PM
Says you mate, I'm happy with eau de engine oil wafting it's way through my house of an evening along with such manly smells as creosote, burnt brake pads, degreaser, lawn mower cuttings and BBQ ash. Man-up fella's.

Agreed........... you're on a loser on this one Kieran! /pan

Kieran
14-04-2008, 05:30 PM
Luddites, the pair of you! Go back to your hovels and eat some Fray Bentos Pies!/pan

psbarham
14-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Err no, we shouldn't, and as a man of the red blooded variety you shouldn't have such a gay item in your house. FFS.

Liking the lamp though, very cool.

eer sat next to me is a woman, who demands womanly things about the house, as it is a fair (ish) relationship i let her have a few girly odds and sods about the place, the only reason the incense burner is now a conrod is the fact the one she did have was a tad ****e so thought i would make a mundane item a tad more exciting, so obviously for using some imagination makes me gay in your eye, well so be it, in the narrow minded world you live in i am gay for living with a woman and having engine parts as household items. i wonder if i should mention the windchimes i am making out of valves???????

WildCards
14-04-2008, 10:51 PM
the narrow minded world you live in

Say what you will, but it is very cosy in here.

(I did say I liked the lamp)