PDA

View Full Version : Oakley Mitsubishi - County Durham

Andy Teg
11-04-2008, 04:40 PM
I've had the SRS light on my dash for a while now, and decided I really should do something about it. I'd figured that it might be the clock spring after asking on here and reading a bit over on the MLR. I've also heard stories of Mitsi garages charging stupid amounts just to plug in the MUT. So, bracing myself I took my car in today. It was originally booked in for half an hour for an initial investigation. After about an hour or so, the service advisor, a friendly chap by the name of Julian came over to see me. They plugged the car into the MUT-III, and it had thrown up a fault code relating to the passenger air bag circuit for seat - which the car doesn't have! They erased the code, took the car out for a test drive and the light stayed off. Obviously its pretty hard to trace the fault when the faulty component doesn't exist, but they said just to pop back if I have any more trouble and they'll be happy to have another look. All I was charged was half an hours labor, which was a grand total of £33.46.

I'd have no hesitation going back there again if I had a similar problem, very friendly, knowledgeable staff and no massive charges either!

Andy.

miller
11-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Thats good to hear about a main dealer, so often its all bad stories! You must be chuffed!

Mike