PDA

View Full Version : Welly Workshop day pics thread :P

CANDEE
13-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Well another great day out workin on VR4's :)

Thanks again to Ryan, Chrissie, and Co for letting us invade their house for the day and hopefully Chrissie is over her hangover :)

We managed to get through an auto tran flush on John's car and its easier than it looks :P Even though Aaron was doin most of the work :P

bradc
13-04-2008, 09:57 AM
thats a lot of cars! Congrats

VR4DVL
13-04-2008, 10:23 AM
That was an awsome day, always glad to help :2thumbsup anywayz i couldnt help but make a little comic out of this picture:thumbsup:

bradc
13-04-2008, 10:26 AM
so who are all the ugly people in that photo?

Robotnik123
13-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Thanks guys. I really got my money's worth today! I guess I'll be ferrying back some Amsoil for some of you, so that will help me even up the score a bit.

Cheers!

CANDEE
13-04-2008, 10:32 AM
That was an awsome day, always glad to help :2thumbsup anywayz i couldnt help but make a little comic out of this picture:thumbsup:
You young sir will fit right in here :P

VR4DVL
13-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Those handsome young men are the Wellington CVR4 Members :D too bad you can't see the best lookin one all the way on the right :P

CANDEE
13-04-2008, 10:40 AM
Brad they are,

Ross(Roscoe_NZ), Dixon(Dixon8), Ryan(rayray24) - under the car, John(Robotnik123) - back to the camera and Whenz(Dickies) :P

CANDEE
13-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Heres some more pics :) Pity the IMG tags arent working properly :(

John's old ATF Filter

Ryan getting the first of the ATF out of the car

Bit of Swaff(spelling) on the ATF bolt

Color of ATF wasnt that bad...

New ATF filter in place

Manky old sump oil

CANDEE
13-04-2008, 10:49 AM
New ATF goin in :)

John found that you can pour it too fast - it goes everywhere....

Oil change being done at the same time as the new ATF was goin in

Wynn taking over the pouring duties..

Manky Engine oil after 7000km

Our addition to Keiran's method of ATF flushing... /pan

Tube all ready to go :)

CANDEE
13-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Here we go :)

Ewwwww!!!

Robotnik123
13-04-2008, 11:55 AM
I reckon some of our success with the ATF change can be attributed to the handy tool I found at Repco which clamps onto the top of the ATF filter. It makes it much easier to remove.

Robotnik123
13-04-2008, 12:26 PM
I reckon some of our success with the ATF change can be attributed to the handy tool I found at Repco which clamps onto the top of the ATF filter. It makes it much easier to remove.

Also having a master mechanic like VR4DVL there was very helpful also! Thanks!

Robotnik123
13-04-2008, 03:42 PM

bradc
13-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Stunning pics, I love your car Wynn, it looks so angry :D

VR4 MAD
13-04-2008, 11:12 PM

Cheers Brad, that's just the look I'm trying to get..........just got to get it lowered and the 'goodies' installed so the performance can match the look......../Grrr
Then it'll all be down to the 'old fart' of a driver to ensure that it's not all show but can go too......../pan

/toycar

rayray24
14-04-2008, 04:00 AM

Yeah it looks like it's got it's backup, very evo looking from other angles, loving that car more ever time I see it, it fact all of the cars there were looking very smart in deed. /rally

You are all welcome back any time. Just remember not to rely on the GPS to find my house.

CANDEE
14-04-2008, 04:28 AM
You are all welcome back any time. Just remember not to rely on the GPS to find my house.
Well we wont get John to lead us :) Human GPS will work from now on :P /rally

VR4 MAD
14-04-2008, 04:33 AM
Yeah it looks like it's got it's backup, very evo looking from other angles, loving that car more ever time I see it, it fact all of the cars there were looking very smart in deed. /rally

Likewise, your car represents where I want to get to regards mods. And my does have back-up, you guys..........:iloveyou:

.........You are all welcome back any time. Just remember not to rely on the GPS to find my house.

Cheers Ryan. Always a pleasure to come visit.

Just remember guys, don't follow Ross to Ryan's, he's know idea where he's going, ...........but he does go fast.........he he. /rally

PS I'll get some of my pics up shortly. Talking pics, Ryan don't forget to hit your bro up for the pics he took yesterday. Should be some goodies there.

/toycar

d i c k i e s
14-04-2008, 04:38 AM
yes. mine should be up later on tonight?.. yes tonight.... lol

ill put the ones, you fullas didnt get... lol

Rosco_NZ
14-04-2008, 04:58 AM
Just remember guys, don't follow Ross to Ryan's, he's know idea where he's going, ...........but he does go fast.........he he. /rally

in my defence it all went wrong when i though you all turned left out of shell (musta been another vr4?!@), then i thought, for some stupid reason that the korokoro turn off is south of the motorway entrance (which it would have been if i took the right entrance) once i seen horokiwi i thought f!$k it ive gone the wrong way, im sure of it, but wynn was happily following behind, didn't flash lights or anything so i though hmm maybe it wasn't up korokoro way but what other turnoffs are there? the answer is none... /pan
i know my way round korokoro for the most part, as have a cousin-in-law that lives up there (well two actually one in maungaraki and one in korokoro)

but i will admit once back on track up the winding little roads i drove right past ryans driveway, just didn't see it.. /rally
I remember thinking its still quite built up here, im sure his driveway was miles from his neighbours, in a more remote area, last time i was there, must be further round...

perhaps development just happens fast in that area /haz good entertainment for everyone else anyway :-)

p.s. that wasn't fast wynn, i knew you had tools in the boot :afro:

d i c k i e s
14-04-2008, 05:47 AM
what about when we left... we were on the motorway.

aaron was in front, dixon was behind him... i saw aaron indicate and overtake that toyota hiliux? then he was 2 cars in front of the hilux. the hilux wanted to keep up with aaron which he left behind... i saw the hilux almost clip a small car when overtaking just after aaron had gone past... i was like sh!t... almost... almost an accident. not sure if dixon and ross saw? though i was a few cars behind.

it was such fun giving john hell... pretty much everything he brought to the meet was BRAND NEW!! never used... ever! hahahaha
the only thing which wasnt brand new were the seats! hahaha. Good fun though..

Robotnik123
14-04-2008, 07:35 AM
it was such fun giving john hell... pretty much everything he brought to the meet was BRAND NEW!! never used... ever! hahahaha
the only thing which wasnt brand new were the seats! hahaha. Good fun though..

Yeah that is true for the most part. I have not done much work on cars in ages.

Almost all my tools are crappy Warehouse or K-mart stuff though. And alot of it was bought in one go, as part of a toolset for like $75 or something on special, so there isn't a huge amount of money invested there.

Subaru ETA
14-04-2008, 08:53 AM
lol good to see that ford uniform being put to good use! :p

d i c k i e s
14-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Ok... heres my pics! (told yall ill get them up tonight)

Yup, my car on stands getting oil + filter done.

Recaro seat that needs to go in...

Johns seats factory seats are out, ready for the recaros.

Jeremy taking the seats out!

Dixon having fun with seat! (uhhh dixon we need that seat!... lol)

John and Ross fixing the clocks... (and yes mine works... awesome to look at it now, and know that its the correct time.

Pics of the leggies eyes! this is ryans leggie u see first.

And of course! the high all mighty LEGNUMS!!! hahahaha....

d i c k i e s
14-04-2008, 09:09 AM
WTF!!
Not sure what is wrong with all this attach crap! Must have been an update along the line.. Can someone fix it? I cant be bothered... and not sure how to!!

bradc
14-04-2008, 09:16 AM
MMMMMM black facelift type S with eyelids. HOT

CANDEE
14-04-2008, 09:31 AM
WTF!!
Not sure what is wrong with all this attach crap! Must have been an update along the line.. Can someone fix it? I cant be bothered... and not sure how to!!
Yours is way better than mine :P

VR4DVL
14-04-2008, 10:27 AM
haha awsome pics guys, they came out really well (especially the galants) :P i think we all deserve a pat on the back it wasnt just me that did most of the work we all chipped in and it was a great team effort! i see the intercooler piping kit on trademe is back up for auction, i'm really keen to place a bid, which means....you got it!! another workshop day if i win!!!...just gotta wait untill the next pay day lol haha yeah i saw that Hilux try to keep up and almost saw him hit the other car, he didnt even indicate!! but yeah...there's a reason why there's a fast lane....it's not so people can drive in it at 80km/h. Lol yeah my Ford overalls were put to very good use on that day :P

Subaru ETA
14-04-2008, 10:52 AM
lol my ford uniform was taken away the other day back to apparalmaster (i got the new mazda unifrom) my 4 years of working on fords over! :D

VR4DVL
14-04-2008, 11:32 AM
yeah i saw the boys a few months back trying out some yellow and grey mazda uniforms?? i say goodbye to my Ford overalls for good and say hello to the suit and tie part of the automotive industry. I start next week at Mitsubishi, might do the odd saturday on the floor but the new job should be interesting

dixon8
14-04-2008, 09:59 PM
yeah i saw that Hilux try to keep up and almost saw him hit the other car, he didnt even indicate!! but yeah...there's a reason why there's a fast lane....it's not so people can drive in it at 80km/h.

yeah I was right behind the hilux and I think he was pissed off with the slow car and was trying to scare them with the real close passing maneuover. /Grrr

it was so close he could,ve tapped on there windows /Grrr

thanks again to RYAN for providing the venue again./thankyou /Banana

a good turn out overall, best we've had yet

d i c k i e s
14-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Yours is way better than mine :P

Looks crap.. may try and attempt to fix at some stage.

But yeah... that hilux was so close it wasnt funny!... i was just waiting for a big BANG!
Ohh yes. Thanks to ryan and the family for letting us invade for a couple of hours.

d i c k i e s
14-04-2008, 10:04 PM
Some of us need to practise how to park! hahaha... , tho the leggies werent too bad! (we do have a bigger car!)

VR4 MAD
14-04-2008, 11:47 PM
OK here's a few more pictures from the little get together Sunday...........:pimp2:

21853 21868
Initial meeting place - Shell Petone..................We need to practice our parking skills guys........../Grrr

21855 21856
Just hanging and chatting...............:pimp2: From left, Dixon, Ross and Jeremy with Aaron and Whenz in the background.

Aaron and Whenz.......:scholar:

21858 21859
..........and quick, we off now guys :speechles And Ross says......."what's the hurry". :inquisiti

21860 21861
The full line-up.............and parking skills showing some improvement too........../pan

21867 21863
Only red and dark green VR4s needed now for a full set.............:speechles Need to work on that.

21864 21865
Dark VR4s lurking in garage...........mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

And finally, a group photo at Ryan's just prior too everyone heading home............../rally

Enjoyable day guys. Thanks to everyone who made it along.........:iloveyou:

/toycar

d i c k i e s
14-04-2008, 11:58 PM
Awesome pics all together i reckon. we didnt ake a photo of the GPs tho! hahahaha... I was a late edition to the meet! I decided that morning i better go... Had a few things that were supposed to happen, which didnt....

Ohh yes, my boy was angry he didnt get to come see all the VR4s. I said to him you can come to the next one? (our next little drive somewea)

low_vr4
09-08-2011, 10:33 AM
damn white fl legnum with cibies and granadors! perfect

Oggie
11-08-2011, 02:00 AM
damn white fl legnum with cibies and granadors! perfect

its made me WANT cibies even moar!

CANDEE
11-08-2011, 10:48 AM
God, old pics and cars... lol Only had had my galant for about 2 weeks at that time....

low_vr4
12-08-2011, 03:53 AM
Are any of the others cars still around the region? I heard the guy with the white legnum with cibies is in aussie now. Not sure about the others

CANDEE
12-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Ryan is around, he was at the Dyno day with the little one(had the black leggie with the bronze wheels). Dixon sold his Vr and had the mr2 at the dyno day(had the anthrite nz new galant). Whenz is in aus and the car is up the Hawkes Bay area somewhere(white leggie with cibies + ganadors). Jan is in Omaru these days(black std leggie). Ross is in welly, but is laying low... lol(Blue prefacelift Leggie). Aaron was in Kilburnie Repco after being at Armstrongs(white nz new type v galant).

Wynn and I are still around as ever... lol

low_vr4
12-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Sweet as, got ganadors now so just cibies to cross of the list. Where do you live jeremy....... /Nuuu

CANDEE
12-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Sweet as, got ganadors now so just cibies to cross of the list. Where do you live jeremy....... /Nuuu
ahahahahaha you wont have much chance at getting at them..... There are too many hondas & prius's in the way... thats if the neighbours son in law doesnt bring the Audi S5 in... lol

I have something even more special than ganadors for my car /Steeringw

low_vr4
12-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Do share... those wilwood calipers?

CANDEE
12-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Do share... those wilwood calipers?
Well those are to go on too.... Have some very different mirrors to go in with some rare defi bits.... :P

Oggie
12-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Well those are to go on too.... Have some very different mirrors to go in with some rare defi bits.... :P

Mmm defi gears..
Iw ill be going down another path.
Drift Iridium Series guages
Cibies ( even if i have to get some replicas )
D-Tekink foglight covers
Vogue front lip ( only thing that worries me is drive ways.. the front sometimes touches road )
and a bonnet scoop which means ditching the cf hood or puttinginto storage.
and maybe some new wheels or just refurbish the 19's
last but not least a new paint job.

low_vr4
12-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Mmm defi gears..
Drift LCD guages
D-Tekink foglight covers
Vogue front lip ( only thing that worries me is drive ways.. the front sometimes touches road )

a bonnet scoop? nooooooooooo

Oggie
12-08-2011, 12:15 PM
not a subaru scoop aint that silly... something like this http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=43916&d=1303105178

on a side note my brother told me he can get my car painted by one of his best friends in levin alli have to do is supply the paints etc. if he does i wont let him do it free will throw some cash at him lol.

taylor
15-08-2011, 07:53 AM
Mmm defi gears..
D-Tekink foglight covers

Could be keen on your bonnet mate

low_vr4
15-08-2011, 08:55 AM
Mmm defi gears..
D-Tekink foglight covers

Ill swap you my brand new carbon fibre ganadors for your bonnet :)

Oggie
15-08-2011, 09:33 AM
before i even think of partingout with my hood. I would need a new one and the car would also be almost ready for a pain job.
so at present no rush.

Robotnik123
20-08-2011, 06:45 AM
Jan here. I am in the Deep South in Oamaru at the moment, but looking to return to Wellington at some stage.

Ryan is around, he was at the Dyno day with the little one(had the black leggie with the bronze wheels). Dixon sold his Vr and had the mr2 at the dyno day(had the anthrite nz new galant). Whenz is in aus and the car is up the Hawkes Bay area somewhere(white leggie with cibies + ganadors). Jan is in Omaru these days(black std leggie). Ross is in welly, but is laying low... lol(Blue prefacelift Leggie). Aaron was in Kilburnie Repco after being at Armstrongs(white nz new type v galant).

Wynn and I are still around as ever... lol

dixon8
24-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Dixon sold his Vr and had the mr2 at the dyno day(had the anthrite nz new galant).

it was amethyst, amethyst, amethyst not anthrite /woot /woot2

hey it's for sale if anyones interested /bounce /megawoot

pm if you interested /thankyou