PDA

View Full Version : pricing advice...

sky-hi
13-04-2008, 10:19 PM
hi guys, sorry if this sounds like a noob question. but I'm thinking of selling my VR4 Legnum and was wanting some pricing advice.

what should I offer this for??

1997 Legnum VR4
72,000km
manual
mint condition
standard BBS mags
top of the line mongoose alarm
full adjustable ralliart suspension
cat back exhaust upgrade
1 owner in Japan, 1 owner in NZ.
very good pioneer head unit

yeah, not really sure what it's worth so I thought I'd ask the experts.

thanks

sy

d i c k i e s
13-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Whats the body like? dents/cracks... rust?

Id say it would be worth around 10k+ for that. Anything above 10K is a bonus these days
I reckon you could get between 10-12k for it.

Any pictures would help!

sky-hi
13-04-2008, 10:48 PM
Whats the body like? dents/cracks... rust?

Id say it would be worth around 10k+ for that. Anything above 10K is a bonus these days
I reckon you could get between 10-12k for it.

Any pictures would help!

sorry, don't have any pics of the little bugger. might take some tonight.

No, no rust or any dings. pretty much mint.... Except it's got that weird double aerial on the roof that they sometimes have in Japan. but it doesn't have the Japanese sat nav.

djb160
14-04-2008, 12:12 AM
1. What about the options? Colour, interior type and colour, Moonroof, towbar. little options that pop up like odd steering wheels, handbrake, etc.

2. Was it a smokers car because that will kill the price unless a car smoker wants it.

3. Just what do you mean by mint condition exactly?

$. Chuck up pics of everywhere and we can point out stuff that might get a better price.

sky-hi
14-04-2008, 12:34 AM
1. What about the options? Colour, interior type and colour, Moonroof, towbar. little options that pop up like odd steering wheels, handbrake, etc.

2. Was it a smokers car because that will kill the price unless a car smoker wants it.

3. Just what do you mean by mint condition exactly?

$. Chuck up pics of everywhere and we can point out stuff that might get a better price.

1. Dark green colour, moonroof. airbags, AYC, pod filter. other than whats mentioned already, it's stock

2. nope. not a smokers car

3. no scratches, no dents, no tears in the interior. everything works.

4. I'll get some pics up soon.

would anyone here be interested in it??

d i c k i e s
14-04-2008, 01:44 AM
i think most of us already have one? but someone maybe interested. you get the odd person lookin at the forums stumble across these sorts of threads!

bradc
14-04-2008, 07:23 AM
Being a manual with the big roof and in good condition with those km's you will get around $10k for it, but you may have to wait a while for a purchaser to come along. If you want to sell it quickly, ask for around $8k

Subaru ETA
14-04-2008, 09:04 AM
a car yard that i wont name offered me $8000 min as a trade on mine which i was quite happy with!!! consisdering you usually get offered next to nothing on a trade!

but he did say that was because of the little things like it being a white sedan with sunroof and being manual.

id say list it at $12K to start with.....i mean if shes a minter someone will be interested (thats if you are not in a hurry to sell) then you have some room to bargin with the buyer and they will feel they have gotten themself a bargin if you sell it for say $10000

orionn2o
14-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Could be a good car, could be a bad one. Either way, you'll have difficulty shifting a car without pics, a description just doesn't really cut it!

sky-hi
14-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Could be a good car, could be a bad one. Either way, you'll have difficulty shifting a car without pics, a description just doesn't really cut it!

Oh yeah, totally... I wasn't trying to sell it in this thread. just don't really know what I should ask for it so I thought I'd ask the experts. I'm going to give her a good wash and take some nice photo's this weekend and list it then.

thanks for all the advice guys

djb160
15-04-2008, 07:06 AM
Do you mind linking to here when it's listed so all us nosey buggers can have a geez at it.

sky-hi
15-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Do you mind linking to here when it's listed so all us nosey buggers can have a geez at it.

ha ha!! Of course!!! no problem at all. You might even be able to refer a friend looking for one. who knows!!

sky-hi
20-04-2008, 10:01 PM
here's the listing guys.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=151485283&ed=true

bradc
21-04-2008, 01:34 AM
facelift front bumpers are so awesome :D

d i c k i e s
21-04-2008, 10:01 AM
come on now.. how ya gonna put on facelift bumper on a prefacelift car.
just looks wrong!

sky-hi
21-04-2008, 10:39 PM
come on now.. how ya gonna put on facelift bumper on a prefacelift car.
just looks wrong!

ask the guy that owned it in japan!!!!

d i c k i e s
22-04-2008, 12:32 AM
they do some outtavit stuff dont they!

CANDEE
22-04-2008, 12:44 AM
they do some outtavit stuff dont they!
Was going to do it on the old leggie if I hadnt of sold it....