PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 6G Galant indicators...

Kieran
14-04-2008, 10:22 PM
I have orange side repeaters, front indicators and tailgate garnish on my car.

They mess up the lines and the chromework on the car - And therefore have to go.

I've seen clear indicators on Ebay Germany, but if anyone knows of a more local source for them and the rest, I'm all ears!

Oh - if you want to know what the tailgate garnish looks like - I have one like this on my car - IE: Bright orange!
uploaded/326/1208207867.jpg

The one I'd like looks like this:
uploaded/326/1208207924.jpg

Oh... And if anyone knows where I can get a 6G GTi or a VR-4 bumper from.... Please don't tell me unless it's cheap!! :embarasse/pan

HMG1K
15-04-2008, 09:30 AM
It's not a straight swap with the front indicators - they require easy modfying...

I changed mine about 10 years ago when I had my 6G - white car with clear front indicators, as the photos in my signature show...

What I found was when you see clear front 'indicators' on 6Gs, they're not indicators but side lights, with a slight glow on the side of them in orange (they have a small orange filter inside the unit to the side) to glow as side markers - like in the States...

I bought my clear units from Cyprus - basically find a market where such 6Gs were sold with clear front units... Then it's a case of using a sharp knife and hairdrier to seperate the plastic lense from the housing unit (just like the articles on the forums have for doing it to 8G model headlights... It's tough and hard, as you'll know - but worth it...

You will need to do this to your existing units and the new ones you buy as you'll have to sandwich your new clear lenses onto the backs of the old units. This is because the bulb housing is different. The clear ones allow only a 5w sidelight bulb though the housing intoi the lense...

The rear lights you're after, as you know, are from the run-out facelifted 6G Galants - 1991- 1993.

HMG1K
15-04-2008, 09:39 AM
By the way - if you can source the ULTRA-rare front foglights then they are fantastic and a real find!

They're the ones in my white 6G photos in my signature.

Kieran
15-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Oooh - Thanks for that - I thought it was just a simple swap like it is on the UK-spec 8Gs. Hmmm.

MarkSanne
15-04-2008, 10:23 AM
I've de-oranged all my 6G GTi lighting (VR-4 front indicators that had a little orange piece in it, removed it with the 100-degrees-celcuis-oven-for-6-minutes-trick) and also in the rear 'clear' version lights, the indicators have an orange plastic cap that needed to go (much tougher to separate the two pieces after the oven treatment though). And I recently even found a set of clear truly matching side-indicators! "All is clear now" but is does come at a cost ;)

- The front VR-4 version (2 lights/2 compartiments) indicators I bought from ebay for around 85 euro (quite expensive IMO)
- The side indicators also ebay (4 dollar + 16 dollar shipping) (still a good price)
- The rear clear ones from a local wrecker for 50 euro (good price)

I've put in all lights Philips Silvervision bulbs or unknown brand 5W bulbs with the same silver coating.

I know an AMG frontbumper for sale, but I think it was 700$ incl. shipping from NZ, so a bit our of budget perhaps (although a very unique cool look! always remind me of those Galactica robots).

HMG1K
15-04-2008, 10:28 AM
The side indicators also ebay (4 dollar + 16 dollar shipping) (still a good price)

That's one thing I never found - or knew existed! Too late for me now /Grrr

K - it's an easy job... I did mine by hair-drier at the time (as i didn't know the oven trick)... Well worth it, took about two hours all in for the front indicators, and then just leave the silicone sealent to dry...

The price is about right with what Mark says with the Euro price - Euro > Pound conversion is around what I paid in Cyprus 10 years ago.

Kieran
15-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Mark - Do you have any links to Ebay? I can find the clear front indicators, but not the side indicators (the ones on the wings).

miller
15-04-2008, 11:25 AM
You need some 'smoked' side repeaters on that car :pimp2: :pimp2: :pimp2:

MarkSanne
15-04-2008, 11:56 AM
I've bought them from a webshop on ebay called Revospec: http://stores.ebay.com/revospec

The direct link to the product is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/90-94-Eclipse-3000GT-Talon-Clear-Side-Marker-Lights-91_W0QQitemZ360041389819QQihZ023QQcategoryZ33715QQ cmdZViewItem

You do have to be a little creative to mount them, as they don't just click in, but with the slightest bit of creativity anyone can mount them.

before:
uploaded/1887/1208256957.jpg

after:
uploaded/1887/1208256992.jpg

uploaded/1887/1208257006.jpg

MarkSanne
15-04-2008, 12:01 PM
About a smoked version... found that too, at a german online shop:

uploaded/1887/1208257279.jpg

http://www.tuningzubehor.com/cfb.asp?pg=products&specific=jrcndnfokmc0&lg=de&vehg=0&veh=0&cso=0

HMG1K
15-04-2008, 01:09 PM
I've bought them from a webshop on ebay called Revospec: http://stores.ebay.com/revospec

SWISH !!!!

Wish I had known about them when i had my wite 6G - would have finished her off a treat!

MarkSanne
15-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Yeah these looks sooooo much better compared to the orange ones, but I've been searching for these for years, and then all of a sudden two options!