PDA

View Full Version : Changing spark plugs

haydar
19-05-2003, 02:38 AM
Does anyone have an English service manual or a step by step guide on how to change spark plugs on the VR4?

I know you have to take the top manifold off which makes a simple spark plug change very expensive at the main dealer!!! I'm used to changing sparks plugs on my previous cars and am happy changing oil and oil filters.

I'd rather change the spark plugs myself anyway so that I can check the state of the preivoud spark plugs as well as ensuring the work is actually done.

Are there any special tools that are required. I'm no full time mechanic although I'm happy with screw-drivers etc... Is taking the top manifold off very difficult?

:cool:

Ultra VR-4
19-05-2003, 05:25 AM
Is there any kind of spark plugs that i wanna purchase? do i want genuine mistsubishi ones? or are there high performance spark plugs?? and how many do i need? please someone help me!

BraindG
19-05-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by haydar
Does anyone have an English service manual or a step by step guide on how to change spark plugs on the VR4?

This is another thing im writting up for articles section..

I have a English manual.. will review it tonight.. but changing the plugs wasn't to taxing, if i remember right from first VR-4..

BraindG
20-05-2003, 08:30 AM
nothing in there, but like any Jap car, or atleast Mitshubishi, they have their spark plugs deep down inside the head.. normally theres a spark plug remover in your tool kit you got with the car.. should be about a foot long.. . INSERT INTO post VALUES (but ive not evn looked on VR-4 so might be talking out my arse)

haydar
20-05-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by BraindG
This is another thing im writting up for articles section..

I have a English manual.. will review it tonight.. but changing the plugs wasn't to taxing, if i remember right from first VR-4..

Thanks for this. Given the long weekend that's coming I'm aiming to give this a go.
:rolleyes: :Ponder: