PDA

View Full Version : CVR4, hear me now - and sponsor us!

WildCards
18-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Some of you may or may not know that my mum was diagnosed with stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer in November. Pancreatic Cancer isn't like other cancers, not much is known about it and most people die within a year of diagnosis.
My mum is lucky in that she has the means to undergo special treatments and source medication not available in the UK, because of this she is doing very well and is determined to get as much time as she can. We take every day as we go and the rough with the extremely sh!t, but at 52 it's hard not to think she should be enjoying her time with the grandchildren, not worrying about whether she'll see the year out.

Some of you may also be aware that a group of us, mostly CVR4 members are undertaking a 75km off road mountain biking event on June 8th on the Welsh border to raise funds for Pancreatic Cancer UK (read more here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29369)). If you could, i'd appreciate any donations of any amount be made here (http://www.justgiving.com/stevehastings). Each person doing the event also has an old fashioned sponsorship form if you'd prefer to give it to an individual.

'Spiel from PCUK:
Pancreatic cancer has the lowest survival rate of any cancer. Pancreatic Cancer UK is determined to make a difference by providing support and information to those affected and by raising awareness and funding research. It provides advocacy for patients and families and lobbying to achieve higher priority for pancreatic cancer.'

Thanks

Steve

{EDIT} - i'll be bumping this every few days in the run up to the event, please help us to raise our target.

Alex
18-04-2008, 12:28 PM
I'm really sorry about this Steve. I did know about this from Kate, and Kieran and I really feel for you all. It sounds like your mum is real fighter, and I'm sure the kids will be a real inspiration to help her with that.

Of course I will be more that willing to sponsor you. Can I give Kate some cash when I see her at the weekend? Or does it need to be through the link provided.

Thoughts are with you.

MPBVr4
18-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Sorry to here about your Mum, Steve. Good luck with the ride in June.

WildCards
18-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Any money in any form accepted, all I ask is that you provide your address and postcode so the charity can claim gift aid and get an extra 28p in every pound from the government.

Ta muchly.

Beastlee
18-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Just donated Steve, hope all goes well for the ride.

WildCards
18-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Most generous guys, I really appreciate it, thanks.

pitslayer
18-04-2008, 09:16 PM
aint got owt in my account this week, but next week i will send a contribution across

Lillywotsername
19-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Thanks Kyle....

pitslayer
19-04-2008, 04:39 PM
my grandad got diagnosed with cancer so im in full support of cancer trusts, and in full support of this club and the members :)

WildCards
19-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Yeah nice one Pits, it means alot mate.

WildCards
27-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Bump

bernmc
30-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Sh!t. What a horrible thing. You know where to come if you need any help or advice. Unfortunately I've eaten all the donuts...

WildCards
08-05-2008, 11:44 AM
I'm sure you know better than we do how Pancreatic Cancer patients are perceived within medical circles Bern, not many of your comrades with stethoscopes are very positive about the situation.

Mums doing well, she's still quite strong and the cancer isn't really preventing her from doing anything she wasn't doing before, but the weight has vanished off her, she's lost over 4 stone since diagnosis and for the last 3 weeks has had bouts of severe pain.

Huge thank you to everyone who has sponsored us so far, it's brilliant of you to put your hand in your pocket for yet another good cause. I know it seems every other day someone is asking for something, and I do appreciate it.

WildCards
02-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Bump.

The event is this coming Sunday, DjDime, Richy Rich, G6ACB a few others and I will be setting off at 10am on a 47 mile slog inbetween Kington and Landrindod Wells for this very good cause and would be hugely grateful for anything you can give by way of Sponsorship.

Steve

WildCards
07-06-2008, 12:26 AM
Bumpety bump

Rich, Ade, Dave (DjDime) and I will be arriving in Kington at some point tomorrow afternoon to ready ourselves for this event. I'll say a huge thanks to those who have sponsored us so far and to anyone who hasn't sponsored us, please, give anything, a fiver is appreciated just as much as fifty quid.

If you know cycling, 75kms off road is akin to doing 150kms road, the course we're attempting isn't easy by any means, it's a further distance and longer, steeper climbs than I think any of us have ever attempted in a oner, it realy will be a test of fitness and morale fibre.

Please, donate what you can for a worthy charity.

{EDIT} i've just checked, and we've already raised over £1000! (http://www.justgiving.com/stevehastings)

Nevman
07-06-2008, 12:49 AM
Sorry to hear that mate.
Just donated and good luck with the ride.

WildCards
07-06-2008, 01:04 AM
Thank you chap, very good of you.

Lillywotsername
07-06-2008, 09:26 AM
Steve... at 01:04 you should be getting some sleep not posting...

You sa gunna be pooped.....