PDA

View Full Version : I hate Mitsubishi (L200's)

SGHOM
18-04-2008, 10:48 PM
I have at my disposal..... A mitsubishi warrior. and what a pile of poo poo it is. /Grrr
2005.... 27K on the clock & It drives like it was made before the war,[ crimean war ! ] :inquisiti

Absolutley no go in it whatsoever, & off boost, you may as well get out & walk. The brakes are like standing on a wet sponge. :speechles The rear vision is slightly less than zero. :speechles The turning circle makes a VR4 feel like a black cab in comparison. :speechles The factory fitted radio looks like it was take from a '70's ford & thrown at the dash. :speechles The vibration from the engine/transmission is like a washing machine on full spin :speechles rear leg room with the drivers seat fully back is a shade over 3" :speechles

Apart from the tax loophole, I cant see why anyone would want to drive one of these things..... It's truly awful. Apart from Lee, who owns it, no-one else in the firm will drive it...... It's that bad /pan /pan

ANTHONY
18-04-2008, 10:50 PM
and the new ones look sh!t,
so have you driven a Mitsubishi today?

SGHOM
18-04-2008, 11:12 PM
so have you driven a Mitsubishi today?

Had it most of the week, that & the boxer. prefer the boxer..... much better drive even though it's just a huge van.

bradc
18-04-2008, 11:16 PM
the new ones are apparently much better, even if they are ugly. The Ute you really want is a HSV Maloo :)

richy rich
18-04-2008, 11:17 PM
I hate Stupid Grey Haired Old Men that make generalisations. /haz

SGHOM
18-04-2008, 11:18 PM
I hate Stupid Grey Haired Old Men that make generalisations. /haz

Ever had the misfortune to drive one Richy ? :inquisiti

richy rich
18-04-2008, 11:21 PM
Yes and they are sh1t, but your thread is I hate Mitsubishi's not L200's

SGHOM
18-04-2008, 11:25 PM
Yes and they are sh1t, but your thread is I hate Mitsubishi's not L200's

I had trouble spelling L200 . . . sorry my bad /pan

Physician
18-04-2008, 11:27 PM
So tell me guys .......

Last year I went to see Marcus in Rugby. On the way back on some real twisties and a couple of long straights I was followed by one of those - OK, I managed to overtake cars easily whereas he was held up quite a lot, BUT - I got the distinct impression that it was a fast machine - we were easily up to 100 mph at times and he wasn't THAT far behind me most of the time.

Are there some modded faster machines around?

SGHOM
18-04-2008, 11:31 PM
No idea Rich ? :thinking: I'm just using it around town. I'm guessing the 0 - 60 time is about 15/16 . . . . . . . . .minutes !! /Grrr /pan /pan

Goku
18-04-2008, 11:39 PM
There are V6 ones and the Turbo diesel ones.....

Obviously if you are having trouble with the turning lock you haven't lit up the rear wheels to get into tighter spaces :D

I like them, they have a fair bit of grunt in both the diesel and V6, the new ones are smoother in the diesel and have a bit more torque.
Though, they are louder in the cabin, unless you get the top of the range model with more sound deadening.

SGHOM
18-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Ours is the 2.5 tdi. I'm sure if you use it for climbing mountains & dragging cows out of ditches it will tick all the boxes. but as an every day truck.... as I'm using it now... It's an awful vehical to drive. /Grrr

Goku
18-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Hmmmm..... maybe you got a lemon one then ?

SGHOM
19-04-2008, 12:00 AM
It's not a lemon... My point was how can people choose this over a normal car for everyday use, which a lot do. It's a poor quality 'van' with tax breaks...... thats all. It has a job & I'm sure it will do that job fine. but for everyday use It's not a nice drive.

Kieran
19-04-2008, 12:15 AM
The L200 and the related Shogun Sport are prime examples of 'Tried and Trusted' technology.

Unfortunately in this case, this means mechanicals that are positively archaic by today's standards - As the Pajero and Delica owner clubs will tell you, they use pretty much the same running gear as the Mk2 Pajero - Which was first introduced in 1991.

The engine is another good example - We get only the 2.5TDi. This is Mitsubishi's 4D56 engine and again is an older design. The 2.8TDi & 3.2TDi engines (which we didn't get in the UK) is the newer 4M40/4M41 engines are much better units.

However if you need a cheap pickup that will go on and on, and you don't give a monkeys how it drives.... Well, there you go - it does the job.

psbarham
19-04-2008, 08:48 AM
hide your scrap peeps, there's a pikey in our midst /Devil5

pitslayer
19-04-2008, 04:34 PM
yeh i had the displeasure of driving one a few years back when they were pretty much brand new(off public roads obviously) and it was dire. the other thing we found out about them, was that when you ask someone to wash it, a brillo scouring pad doesnt clean the rear deck cover up as good as you would think, took ages to get the scratches out of it, and it was black /lol and for the record i didnt clean it with the scouring pad, it came in for paint work correction...

White Lightning
19-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Never driven and L200 but I do think they look quite smart ... would be a good towing vehicle.

WildCards
19-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Always moaning Derek, go have another beer will you.

AderC
19-04-2008, 09:57 PM
I had the misfortune to have one as a courtesy car last year, and I commented at the time:

"I was not sorry to see the back of the helL200. It was easy to drive but bloody awful ride. Felt like driving a jelly car with marshmallow wheels across a water bed on a boat in very rough seas. Hit a pothole in Widnes and I was still bouncing off the ceiling in Runcorn!"

Nick VR4
20-04-2008, 08:27 AM
I like the look of them but have read before there awful to drive
A guy near me has one with huge bull bars on it /pan

I was at the front of a set of traffic lights next to one and he was revving the nuts out of it egging me on to race him
I left him for dust made me laugh I dont think he knew what a VR4 was :D

Turbo_shaz
21-04-2008, 08:06 PM
I was in one recently that was only a few years old it was reminiscent of one of my dads old transits from the early 80's, my old K reg Frontera i scrapped to buy my VR4 would have put it to shame. They do look good on the outside but thats about it. Not a fan either im afraid, although this is from a person who thinks the sun shines out a 5 turbos exhaust pipe lol :pimp2:

Sharon