PDA

View Full Version : AYC problem Legnum estate

davelewis
22-02-2004, 04:46 PM
[COLOR=DarkOrange] :-D can anyone help AYC light comes on when temperature outside is over 5 degrees, problem started last summer when outside temp reached over 27 it would come on.Now it comes on at 5 degrees+ Could this be a relay problem - - just changed AYC oil all clean and on the mark - Any suggestions gratefully received - Help please!!

Rally205
22-02-2004, 07:45 PM
Are there any strange noises from the rear? How many lights come on 1-3?
Did you change all the AYC fluid or just the actuator fluid?
Does the light go back off if the temp drops below 5deg?
Could be all sorts of problems but will need more info to narrow it down.
Marcus :undecided

KiwiTT
22-02-2004, 10:14 PM
; - just changed AYC oil all clean and on the mark -

I thought the AYC needs to be changed and checked with a MUT at an authorised dealer. Maybe worth checking with them.

davelewis
23-02-2004, 11:09 PM
No Noise At Rear Red Ayc Light Comes On And Stays On
If You Stop And The Outside Temp Drops Below 5 When
You Start All Is Fine You Can Drive All Day As Soon
As The Temp Outside Rises Then Off Goes The Ayc
Works Fine Below 5 Very Strange

EdmundVR4
25-02-2004, 02:50 PM
After installing a alrm system on my VR4 the red AYC light would not stay off. After some tinkering and wondering, a simple ECU reset took care of it. Just a suggestion from my experience.

Rally205
25-02-2004, 11:23 PM
Dave
I finally managed to get hold of my mate at Mitsubishi and bend his ear for a bit. As we were discussing there is no link between the temp sensor and the AYC and he has never heard of the problem you have been having. He suggested that you do an ECU reset as EdmundVR4 also suggested and see if that cures the problem.
Mitsubishis seem to have some weird electronic faults. My mate has got a pajero which he was fitting an alarm on the other day. He disconnected the interior temp sensor on the steering column cowl and the electric aerial stopped working :wow:
Anyway hope that does the trick or it is a trip to Barnstaple ;)
Marcus

Spirit
13-03-2004, 07:35 PM
Dave

Did you do the ECU reset ?

Pete

p.s. good to talk to you earlier - and don't forget to join as a full member ;)

Spirit
13-03-2004, 10:05 PM
Have also posted this issue on the MLR forum to see if they have come across it before. Will post any replies that might help.

Spirit
14-03-2004, 12:45 AM
Well my thread on the MLR has been viewed 17 times, and not one reply so far !

davelewis
14-03-2004, 02:37 PM
To do the ecu reset do you just take the negative earth off and wait for thirty secounds and refit If so I have done this and still no change
Will join this week

davelewis
23-03-2004, 12:49 PM
I have orderd a new outside temp sensor as the one on the car went wrong about the same time as the AYC may be a shot in the dark ? :(

pjjohnson
31-03-2004, 08:54 AM
You are not alone - my AYC problem is temp related as well, yesterday it was cold, 3C, AYC was fine, as soon as temp got to 6C, AYC warning lights came on. Weird - took the chance to see the difference AYC made with a short test drive before and after.

davelewis
20-04-2004, 04:30 PM
Nice to know that someone else has the same problem . Have you got it sorted can you let me know if you do will let you know if I find any thing

ileonc
21-04-2004, 08:38 AM
Just a wild stab in the dark(more like a frenzied thrashing!), but I know that if the fuse in the fuse box for the AYC is removed, the red warning light stays on.

Now if there is a temperature problem it looks like a contraction / expansion problem with the AYC(bits) or the fuse. But then again the fuse box is under the bonnet and would get very warm, and temperature wouldn't be such a problem.

Hope you sort it!

pjjohnson
21-04-2004, 09:28 AM
Dave, I am working with someone who claims to know what they are doing with AYC.

he says " When the ambient temperature is down low, the viscosity of the oil in the
system will be thicker, and therefore, if the pump efficiency is
mechanically poor, the thicker oil will help raise pressure up to the
minimum and maximum threshold pressures faster.

If the system cannot reach, and exceed the 10 bar minimum pressure within 30
seconds of trying from a new engine start up , or alternatively will not
reach the 16/17 bar maximum, during vehicle running time, the pump will be
shut down by software and a fault reported. This is to save damaging the
system parts. "

I'm having the pump replaced.

I'll let you know how I get on.

-LegnumVR4-
21-04-2004, 09:50 AM
[COLOR=DarkOrange] :-D can anyone help AYC light comes on when temperature outside is over 5 degrees, problem started last summer when outside temp reached over 27 it would come on.Now it comes on at 5 degrees+ Could this be a relay problem - - just changed AYC oil all clean and on the mark - Any suggestions gratefully received - Help please!!

May have air in the system, the only time my AYC light came on was after putting the car back together and taking it for a drive. It needed new oil in the AYC diff and AYC pump, filling the bottle up in the back doesn't fill the AYC diff, its for the AYC pump.