PDA

View Full Version : Amsoil pickup for Welly

Robotnik123
21-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Hey guys,

Am back in Wellington now. How do you want to sort the oil pickup?

Anyone keen on a mini-meet ANZAC Day?

If not PM and we can arrange to meet. My work is just off Lambton Quay near Kircaldie's

Cheers

CANDEE
21-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Mini-Meet on Friday sounds good :)

Maybe meet in the Hutt somewhere and do coffee?

People who dont need supplies are welcome as well :)

J

Robotnik123
22-04-2008, 12:29 AM
Mini-Meet on Friday sounds good :)

Maybe meet in the Hutt somewhere and do coffee?

People who dont need supplies are welcome as well :)

J

Yeah that's sounds good. We could meet at the carpark on the Petone foreshore perhaps - VR-4s by the sea will make for a good photo op.

CANDEE
22-04-2008, 12:32 AM
Yeah that's sounds good. We could meet at the carpark on the Petone foreshore perhaps - VR-4s by the sea will make for a good photo op.
Oh did I mention that this will hopefully be a partner friendly meet?? :iloveyou:

Robotnik123
22-04-2008, 12:44 AM
Oh did I mention that this will hopefully be a partner friendly meet?? :iloveyou:

OK that would work also. I'll probably leave my partner at home anyway, she probably won't be keen to come along as the conversation will undoubtedly mostly be about cars anywho.

CANDEE
22-04-2008, 04:36 AM
How does going to The Jetty Cafe in Petone sound?

http://www.jettycafe.co.nz/

I think we are all going to bring partners as well John - you cant be the odd one out :P

Robotnik123
22-04-2008, 06:03 AM
How does going to The Jetty Cafe in Petone sound?

http://www.jettycafe.co.nz/

I think we are all going to bring partners as well John - you cant be the odd one out :P

Looks good to me. What time peeps? I am pretty flexible regarding the time and am not attending any ANZAC Day ceremonies or anything like that myself.

VR4 MAD
22-04-2008, 06:29 AM
Hey John, just transfered the balance of the money owing for the additional 0W30 oil. Should show tomorrow.

Meeting sounds good. Jeremy and I have been talking about this today and I maybe able to talk my better half along, providing other partners attend.

I'll never hear the end of it if she ends up the only one and all we do is talk about cars..................../Grrr /pan /grr /grr :furious3: :end: :rifle: Get the idea.

/toycar

Robotnik123
22-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Thanks I will let you know when the money turns up. Will try and get my partner to come, but can't guarantee it unfortunately.

Hey John, just transfered the balance of the money owing for the additional 0W30 oil. Should show tomorrow.

Meeting sounds good. Jeremy and I have been talking about this today and I maybe able to talk my better half along, providing other partners attend.

I'll never hear the end of it if she ends up the only one and all we do is talk about cars..................../Grrr /pan /grr /grr :furious3: :end: :rifle: Get the idea.

/toycar

CANDEE
22-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Ness will be there. :) And if Ross comes along he will bring Lucy :)

CANDEE
23-04-2008, 01:43 AM
Any idea on timings that peeps are all good for??

VR4 MAD
23-04-2008, 06:09 AM
................................ Will try and get my partner to come, but can't guarantee it unfortunately.

Is anything ever guaranteed with women.................come on now you know better than that. /pan

Any idea on timings that peeps are all good for??

Well I think most places aren't allowed to open till after 1.00pm anyway so how does about 2ish sound for everyone. Just a suggestion, could be latter if peoples want.

Dixon isn't likely to be there, though he may get away from his guests for an hour but his better half is definitely a non-starter.

/toycar

Robotnik123
23-04-2008, 07:40 AM
Is anything ever guaranteed with women.................come on now you know better than that. /pan

Well I think most places aren't allowed to open till after 1.00pm anyway so how does about 2ish sound for everyone. Just a suggestion, could be latter if peoples want.

Dixon isn't likely to be there, though he may get away from his guests for an hour but his better half is definitely a non-starter.

/toycar

OK sure, 2ish suits me. Will bring everyone's stuff including Wynn's pipework.

VR4 MAD
23-04-2008, 09:32 PM
.................including Wynn's pipework.

............ :scholar: :evilgrin: :P :) :p :thumbsup: /woot2 ;) /Hyper :D :happy: .................

:iloveyou:

/toycar

CANDEE
23-04-2008, 09:39 PM
............ :scholar: :evilgrin: :P :) :p :thumbsup: /woot2 ;) /Hyper :D :happy: .................

:iloveyou:

/toycar
Now when are we fitting your exhaust young man??? Im twitching with anticipation of some Ralliart goodness.. :iloveyou:

VR4 MAD
23-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Now when are we fitting your exhaust young man??? Im twitching with anticipation of some Ralliart goodness.. :iloveyou:

Not till we (or at least me) have done a dyno run with the car in a "standard" (or as near as I can easily get) configuration so I have baseline data to compare the effectiveness of future mods against........./Grrr

Mid next month maybe at SpeedTech...........a mini meet and dyno day goodness............./rally

Maybe able to get a discount if we have 6 or 8 cars coming thru........who knows.

Just a thought. :thinking:

BTW..........here's evidence that you are in fact the :satan: devil J.............:evil2:

That's why you are always whispering your evil plans into my ear......../pan

/haz

/toycar

Rosco_NZ
24-04-2008, 12:18 AM
2ish sounds fine.

will drag lucy along as long as she not working

Robotnik123
24-04-2008, 01:23 AM

I'd be keen to come to the next workshop day. I want some help to move my left front guard forward about 4mm, so I can fix my crooked bonnet. Blasted dodgy Waiuku Panelbeater - if I ever have another prang in Auckland, I will get it repaired in the City.

CANDEE
24-04-2008, 03:07 AM
BTW..........here's evidence that you are in fact the :satan: devil J.............:evil2:

That's why you are always whispering your evil plans into my ear......../pan

/haz

/toycar

Well i know im a bit "interesting" at times :P but thank you :P

/rally

CANDEE
24-04-2008, 05:23 AM
I also confirm that Ness will be there too :P Please please bring yours Wynn :P

VR4 MAD
24-04-2008, 05:25 AM
Right, assuming 2pm is the time and everyone is happy with that, then who is going to be there....................??

Or put another way, who has stuff to collect from John?

Obviously John will be there, I hope.........../pan

Me,
Jeremy,
Ross,
Ryan,
....................have I missed anyone important?

Anyone else who just wants to drop by for a coffee and chin-wag about things VR4 is welcome to join us............Aaron, Dixon, Whenz..........whoever, we're not fussy........./pan The more the better /rally

The nearest carparking is just adjacent to (that's next to), on the same side of the road as 'The Jetty' which is on the seaward side of the Petone Esplanade. That all clear as mud...........:speechles

I'll try and be there early so those not sure where it is can see my car parked in the carpark in question. Those coming along the esplanade from the west will need to find an opening in the centre island so they can do a U-turn to get back to the carpark.

I'll wait in the car till a few have turned up before we head upstairs for a coffee...........:pimp2:

That all good with everyone...........:speechles

/toycar

Robotnik123
24-04-2008, 07:23 AM
Excellent, I will use my trusty GPS to find the place, so no worries there!

Right, assuming 2pm is the time and everyone is happy with that, then who is going to be there....................??

Or put another way, who has stuff to collect from John?

Obviously John will be there, I hope.........../pan

Me,
Jeremy,
Ross,
Ryan,
....................have I missed anyone important?

Anyone else who just wants to drop by for a coffee and chin-wag about things VR4 is welcome to join us............Aaron, Dixon, Whenz..........whoever, we're not fussy........./pan The more the better /rally

The nearest carparking is just adjacent to (that's next to), on the same side of the road as 'The Jetty' which is on the seaward side of the Petone Esplanade. That all clear as mud...........:speechles

I'll try and be there early so those not sure where it is can see my car parked in the carpark in question. Those coming along the esplanade from the west will need to find an opening in the centre island so they can do a U-turn to get back to the carpark.

I'll wait in the car till a few have turned up before we head upstairs for a coffee...........:pimp2:

That all good with everyone...........:speechles

/toycar

VR4DVL
24-04-2008, 07:34 AM
sorry to say that my partner and i wont be able to make it, we're taking a road trip up north and i doubt i could talk her out of it; i doubt she would come along anyway, she already thinks i love my car more than her, and that i spend more time with my car than i do with her, so the last thing she would probably want to listen to is me going out about my car more than her :P

CANDEE
24-04-2008, 07:44 AM
Excellent, I will use my trusty GPS to find the place, so no worries there!
I wouldnt trust your trusty GPS with a 10 ft bargepole :P

My 5ft co-driver is more reliable :P /rally

Robotnik123
24-04-2008, 08:46 AM
I wouldnt trust your trusty GPS with a 10 ft bargepole :P

My 5ft co-driver is more reliable :P /rally

She can read a map then, haven't met many chicks who can do that! Certainly my wife can't and nor can any of my sisters.

rayray24
24-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Sorry team I gotta work tomorrow. Maybe next time.

dixon8
25-04-2008, 12:42 AM
sorry guys I can't make it:thinking:

I have visitors from Napier and they're keen to do some SHOPPING

see you all at the :evilgrin: next meet

bradc
27-04-2008, 09:54 AM
pics?

Robotnik123
27-04-2008, 12:34 PM
pics?

None taken. I think the idea was not to do that lest it deter partners, who might think it too "car geeky" if you get my drift.

VR4 MAD
01-05-2008, 07:12 AM
None taken. I think the idea was not to do that lest it deter partners, who might think it too "car geeky" if you get my drift.

Further to what John said, it was very much a social get together rather than a 'car day' thing, if you get what I mean. :pimp2:

So with that in mind, photos didn't seem necessary or appropriate as we are trying to encourage the start of an active social side with partners, now that we have the core of a regular team of 'workshop day' participants /rally

/toycar