PDA

View Full Version : Goddamn it!

jayjay99
22-04-2008, 11:11 PM
Just put on my new alloys and then today someone decides to drag along the side, scratching the back bumper, rear quarter panel, arch flare, alloy and denting the rear door! Aarrrggghhh!!!

She denied fault, we were sitting at a red light, her on my left, a police car come down the road behind me so I rolled forward and moved to the right and then decided to drive forward while watching the mirror and the railings and went into the side of me. Apparently it was my fault because I changed lanes?!?!

Grrr.....!

Nutter_John
22-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Sh1t thats a bummer mate , hope you have not crap from your insurnace company

jayjay99
23-04-2008, 12:55 AM
Well they've been good but I've only made one call so far.

It's annoying going through this, it's not terrible damage bad it's just that she managed to hit several panels! But luckily no bare metal.

Beastlee
23-04-2008, 08:05 AM
JayJay, sorry to hear of this. I don't quite understand what you are saying happened...did she hit you or did you hit the railings? Ws the police car expecting you to move as it was on blues and twos?

jayjay99
23-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Sorry, just read what I wrote, that's what I get for writing it on my phone. Let me try again.

We were sitting at a red light, her on my left, a police car come down the road behind me so I rolled forward and moved to the left to let the police car through as it had it's lights and sirens going, and then after I had moved over she decided to drive forward and because she was watching the mirror and the railings to her left as she didn't want to hit them she went into the side of me, well the rear quarter. So she admitted to me that she drove forward without looking out the windscreen, it's just a case of whether she still says that when she talks to her insurance company!

ANTHONY
23-04-2008, 09:27 PM
i'd stick to my guns and still say she hit you

Wodjno
23-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Sorry, just read what I wrote, that's what I get for writing it on my phone. Let me try again.

We were sitting at a red light, her on my left, a police car come down the road behind me so I rolled forward and moved to the left to let the police car through as it had it's lights and sirens going, and then after I had moved over she decided to drive forward and because she was watching the mirror and the railings to her left as she didn't want to hit them she went into the side of me, well the rear quarter. So she admitted to me that she drove forward without looking out the windscreen, it's just a case of whether she still says that when she talks to her insurance company!

Why TF did she drive forward at all ??

If the Clopper was coming by on your right and she was on your left ? And you had already moved over to the left to let the Clopper by ! Why did she go forward at all.. ?? I thought it was at a red light ? There was no need for her to move at all !!

Have you got the xtra cover for legal assistance ? Cos that ain't worth Jack ****..

Draw diagrams and write a fooking large essay on what happenned and send it to her insurer's.. Don't rely on legal assistance ! If the cost of paying for her car is cheaper than what it might cost your insurance company to fight your corner ?? They'll just admit it was your fault and pay up.. /Grrr

jayjay99
24-04-2008, 12:11 AM
Yeah, I don't why she moved, the police was in my lane behind me, and she wasn't aware that I had moved out of his way even though I moved from alongside her to in front of her! Unfortunatly she was German so when we got out of the cars she was straight on the phone to her husband and talking away and I obviously didn't know what she was saying. I have got the legal cover bit I believe, I'll have to give my insurance company a bell and ask if they have their insurance details yet, unfortunatly we both forgot to swap the company names.
So I write a long letter and just send it to them? Dear Sir/Madam, I was involved in a road traffic accident with one of your parties....... And what is the purpose of the letter, do I tell them I'm writing to tell my side of the story? Does it matter that my insurance company is going to contact them also? As you can guess, I'm a bit new to this!

Here's a pic of the damage, not terrible.

uploaded/2685/1208992262.jpg

Beastlee
24-04-2008, 07:17 PM
If she's German she would be moving over to the left to allow the police car down the middle. Germans must make a 'middle lane' for emegency vehicles, even on the Autobahn with slip roads.
As said above, stick to your guns and push the fact she had no need to move forward if the car was passing on your right.

DickBarton
24-04-2008, 09:46 PM
That is sh!t...the damage doesn't look bad - hopw much is your car valued at? If the bodyshop is going to repair it watch yourself - I needed a new bonnet and bumper - reckoned about £500-£800 for it but was quoted £3600 so the car was written off...not wanting to piss on your chips, just letting you know as a take heed...it should get sorted if she admits liability as her insurance company will pay for it but just watch it...can you contact the police and ask them for some evidence i.e. the police driver could report what he saw (a car moving across to let him through - they don't like being witnesses but it might help your case).

jayjay99
24-04-2008, 11:50 PM
I could try them, don't know how much joy I'd get from them. I know it's tiny damage but it wasn't my fault and she wouldn't admit blame so I had no choice as I weren't gonna pay for it.
I think the car is worth about 5k, i'd be astonished if they wrote it off for that damage.

thecustomer
25-04-2008, 12:03 PM
If she's German she would be moving over to the left to allow the police car down the middle. Germans must make a 'middle lane' for emegency vehicles, even on the Autobahn with slip roads.
As said above, stick to your guns and push the fact she had no need to move forward if the car was passing on your right.

*very* good point - she'd have expected JayJay to move to the *right* to make a middle lane... and didn't look where she was going /pan

jayjay99
18-05-2008, 10:37 PM
All seems to be going pretty smoothly, my car is still in the garage being repaired, it should be finished by the middle of the week, came to £1200 in the end /JawDroppi

I just wanted to show you the courtesy car they gave me, I was expecting a Vauxhall Vectra but they gave me a Subaru Forester, I was a bit annoyed at first, but I actually really like it! Anyone driven or had one? It's got a 2.5 turbocharged Impreza boxer engine and it goes! Thought I'd show you some pics.

uploaded/2685/1211146404.jpg

uploaded/2685/1211146441.jpg

uploaded/2685/1211146477.jpg

uploaded/2685/1211146504.jpg

uploaded/2685/1211146529.jpg

uploaded/2685/1211146549.jpg

uploaded/2685/1211146570.jpg

uploaded/2685/1211146590.jpg

uploaded/2685/1211146609.jpg

shaun1978
18-05-2008, 10:52 PM
IMO she hit you so it's her fault - period, but as beastlee will tell you that germans will NEVER say sorry or admit liability, its just how they do things over there.

jayjay99
18-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Yeah, I'm don't think I have anything to worry about, she's hit my back corner and even said she wasn't looking where she was going, although I bet she never said that to her insurance company.

Subaru ETA
19-05-2008, 10:02 AM
jezz which panelbeater is your car at?! thats a flash loaner

jayjay99
19-05-2008, 11:43 AM
My car is at a place over here called Nationwide crash repair centers, the courtesy car is from HelpHire.co.uk they seem really good. My insurance company, Adrian Flux, sorted it all out.

bradc
19-05-2008, 08:08 PM
The interior plastics on the centre console look super cheap and nasty. Apart from that it looks ok.

jayjay99
20-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Yes, me and a friend were saying that the other day.

jay_b_m
20-05-2008, 07:58 PM
i had one of those subuaru's but in white when my car was in for repair from helphire and it grew on me lol and yeah the dash was a bit to plastic lol its heated seats was nice tho but got a bit to hot at times lol

jayjay99
23-05-2008, 10:42 AM
i had one of those subuaru's but in white when my car was in for repair from helphire and it grew on me lol and yeah the dash was a bit to plastic lol its heated seats was nice tho but got a bit to hot at times lol

Yeah, they're not bad at all. I never got to try out the heated seats, but I did do plenty of sun bathing with the moon roof open on the motorways! :)

Just got a call, from the garage, my car is now ready and is being delivered as we speak, unfortunaly I'm going out drinking today from work so I won't be able to have a drive until tomorrow :(

jayjay99
10-06-2008, 06:10 PM
My insurance has just come up for renewal, gone up from £78 a month to £162!!!!! Are they taking the p*ss or what! The dispute is still going through and they said if I'm found 100% in the right I'll get a refund but still! I've been shafted before and found in the wrong when I wasn't. Anyone know any good insurers? I'm with Adrian Flux.

Nevman
10-06-2008, 06:23 PM
try Sky Insurance (also nick on this forum).
We are getting discount as a club members and they are quite good.
Many members (included myself) are insured with them.

jayjay99
11-06-2008, 11:11 AM
cheers, I'll have a look at them.

jayjay99
11-06-2008, 11:39 AM
£97.13 a month! Cheers Nevman! Much better, and it'll go down if/WHEN the claim is found in my favour.

Nevman
11-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Told you they are not bad :)
And you have direct contract on forum which makes things easier.

pitslayer
11-06-2008, 03:01 PM
yep Sky are pretty awesome to be fair, ok my insurance is still a silly amount, but sky came back with a decent qoute, excellent customer service, all though there courtesy cars are a bit crap /lol my mate was given a golf TDI, which was then replaced because its 15k miles were up, with a golf diesel, which he then got replaced with a volvo C30. niether of them i liked lol.

very good though.i dont like adrian flux, as they are now part with HIC and they are dire

Beastlee
13-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Kyle, they are pretty good cars compared to the Corsa 1.0 and basic small cars I know most people end up with. I think all insurance companies should be made to supply a courtesy car that is similar to what you are driving but in the meanwhile something like a Golf TDi would be plenty good enough.