PDA

View Full Version : where should the fog light be on uk vr4's

nad
24-04-2008, 10:14 PM
hi all.my first post.currently looking for a decent vr4.i have seen a 2002 type V saloon with parking senses on rear bumper,though no fog light in bumper.cars which i have seen for sale online which state they are uk cars all seem to have the fog light in the bumper.any guidence would be appreciated

Nick Mann
24-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Hello and /Welcome

Most UK VR4s have the foglight in the bumper, but it seems that some were converted to have it in the rear cluster. I can't say how or why - I haven't seen a rule yet! I have seen a couple of 2000 VR4s with a rear cluster fog, and plenty of 1999s and a couple of 2000s and 2001s with the bumper foglight.

The best way to tell if its a UK from new VR4 is to look at the service record. A UK car will have the pre-delivery check and the 1000 mile inspection service stamped in the book. The dealer that stamped the book should be able to confirm that it is real!

Other items that point to a UK from new car are:
A Ralliart sticker on the back.
English Language air bag warning stickers on the sun visors.
Cold area spec (the best giveaway is a heating element at the bottom of the windscreen, where the wipers sit).
A Cobra alarm (badged as a Mitsubishi unit).

Hope that helps!

TAR
24-04-2008, 10:25 PM
Hi and welcome to the club.

All VR4's were imports, even the officially imported UK ones. They all had to have retrofitted fog lights. The official UK ones were fitted into the bumper, but other regular imports can also have them fitted this way.

Its not a good way of identifying a UK car.

miller
24-04-2008, 10:35 PM
hmmm mines an import and has the fog light incorporated into the rear boot cluster!

Like Nick says look for the english stickers inside plus a heap of service doc's

Mike

Nutter_John
24-04-2008, 10:39 PM
could be in the rear light cluster ?

Nick Mann
25-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Sorry - when I said most UK VR4's I actually meant most official imports. /pan

But my statement is correct to the best of my knowledge. Not all Mitsy supplied VR4s have got bumper mounted fogs.