PDA

View Full Version : digital cameras with av in to record

soapy1978
02-05-2008, 10:50 AM
right i did try looking in the search but couldn't see what i was after

right one of our memebers at my club is now pro drifting in the British Drift Championship. 2008 Series and the allsorts are trying to help him out a little i am looking for a good bumper cam ie a bullet cam and a way of recording it was thinking of a video camera with av input but there so many and money is bit tight so cheapness is the way we got to go anyone got and ideas or ether for sale cheap as need them fitted for 31 May, Norfolk Arena, Kings Lynn.

hope some one can help

darren

orionn2o
02-05-2008, 01:01 PM
something like this?

http://tinyurl.com/3lapg5

Davezj
02-05-2008, 01:14 PM
check the web for hacks on camcorders, as it is quite common for you to be able to change a AV out only camcorder to a AV in/out camcorder.

what the manufacturers do is they disable the AV in function in the firmware. all you have to do is enable it. They use the same chip set for both types of camcorder.
but disbleing the record function means it is not a "recorder of media" only a "player of media" and they don't have to pay certain taxes on them.

which is why the AV in/out camcorders are more expensive (plus the manufacturers are money grabbing what nots).

this would be the cheapest way forward. when you look at the prices the AV out only ones are always much cheaper then the AV in/out ones.

so do your reasearch first and find a camcorder which can be hacked easily. and get it fron Ebay there are lost about just make sure it comes with the box manuals chager etc. If it is only the camcorder in the sale then it is likely to be nicked.

hope this helps.

White Lightning
02-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Darren - have a look here:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30420

I am not sure if Glenn has sold this yet but I know Pete (Spirit) uses one of these with his bullet cam and it seems to work well.

I-S
02-05-2008, 02:59 PM
Archos units such as the 705 are the classic choice for this application.

You might also want to look into self-contained cameras, such as the Oregon Scientific ATC-2000.