PDA

View Full Version : Cat that likes cars...and how dirty my car is

bradc
10-05-2008, 06:10 AM
I think my cat has an obsession with cars, he is always lying on top of them, and sometimes in the engine bay when I'm working on it.

Ohh and just to annoy K, I haven't cleaned it for about 4 weeks now and it has been raining quite a bit.

RED
10-05-2008, 12:19 PM
What a beautiful ginger pussy!

bradc
10-05-2008, 12:25 PM
he's a Mainecoon which means he is huge and is still growing!

pitslayer
10-05-2008, 01:46 PM
how have you got a tellow fuse box cover

bradc
10-05-2008, 02:03 PM
its just the writing on top of it

pitslayer
10-05-2008, 04:18 PM
yes buts its yellow!

bernmc
10-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Mmmm. My Burmese has a similar affection. Problem is, they instinctively stick out their claws when the jump onto things and slip a bit... the Z had several linear scratches in the paintwork that I'm pretty sure were caused by said moggy...:| I'd threaten to cut off his balls, but they're already in a jar on my desk...:inquisiti.

bradc
10-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Here is a pic to show you what it is actually like Kyle

Bern - yeah just after I took the photo he walked over to the top corner of the engine bay and climbed around onto the windscreen, I thought that was kind of cool and then he suddenly lept up to the top of the bonnet and stuck his head over the end for a second before he slid - with claws fully extended - all the way back down to the bottom

pitslayer
10-05-2008, 11:37 PM
thats alot of pipe, looks nice. but how come yours is yellow and mine is white? is it a facelift thing, is it NZ spec?

bradc
10-05-2008, 11:47 PM
mine is a Jap import. No idea about the colour!

pitslayer
11-05-2008, 12:25 AM
wheres Kieran when you need him

RED
11-05-2008, 05:40 AM
he's a Mainecoon which means he is huge and is still growing!

I had a mainecoon in grey and in the end he needed a wheel barrow he was that big - he loved his grub and I loved him. Sadly gone to heaven well on my mantle piece in a nice urn anyway but his namesake lives on and will be 2 :baby: at the end of July!

bradc
11-05-2008, 06:02 AM
how heavy was he? The father of the ginger one (Storm) is about 9kg, and the ginge is 8kg, but taller and longer than Storm. Once he stops growing and puts a bit of muscle on he'll be well over 10kg

pitslayer
11-05-2008, 02:53 PM
my cat is getting thinner and thinner and really old now, but she is still fighting fit, its only that her knees are going bald and she is starting to look old in the face, that you can tell she is old. otherwise she is nuts....still hates the dog aswell

Kenneth
12-05-2008, 01:56 AM
Arnie (Lynx's brother) is the same. When I work on the car he is usually about. If I leave the door open he gets in.

Closed the boot on him once (didn't let the latch close) but he managed to get out.

We reckon Arnie (Arnold when he is naughty... lol) is about 8-8.5Kg also.
It's a lot of cat to pounce on you when you are scratching your leg in bed at 3am :P

djb160
12-05-2008, 03:14 AM
Our youngest cat's the same, but as we dont have a car it's people that come to visit that have a problem so we've learnt to check cars for cats before they drive off.

Ryan
12-05-2008, 03:45 AM
You guys have some cool cats. My wife's cat is a Mackerel Tabby. It is very affectionate and extremely vocal - its vocal range is also quite impressive and "says" different things depending on she feels.

It can be very annoying though - I can't stand cat hair everywhere and it also makes a nuisance of itself when it comes in the cat door and miaows incessantly outside my door when it has food and water and can come and go as it pleases.

I really feel like just volleying it off the balcony sometimes when it does that at like 0200...

*sigh*

But it's a cool cat for the most part and Elaine likes her cat a lot so... yeh, if it makes her happy I guess.

CANDEE
12-05-2008, 04:14 AM
You guys have some cool cats. My wife's cat is a Mackerel Tabby. It is very affectionate and extremely vocal - its vocal range is also quite impressive and "says" different things depending on she feels.

It can be very annoying though - I can't stand cat hair everywhere and it also makes a nuisance of itself when it comes in the cat door and miaows incessantly outside my door when it has food and water and can come and go as it pleases.

I second and third that Ryan. :( My other halfs cat is pretty heavy but not anywhere as heavy as your ones Brad and Ken.... Hopefully their bowel movements arent as big as they are.. /Grrr

bradc
12-05-2008, 06:16 AM
Ken - I think that Lynx is about the same size as Arnie, that is to say both of them will be taller and longer than Storm, but Storm is as solid as a brick! If Lynx ends up being built as well as Storm I think he will be 12kg or so, especially considering they are still growing!