PDA

View Full Version : Fao - "detailing Gods"....help!!!!

WITZ66
12-05-2008, 09:46 AM
I notice there are some "Detailing Gods" that frequent this forum.

Got a problem.....

The Mrs borrowed my baby to go to the stables on Friday...

Forgot to tell me that my bonnet had been "visited" by a couple of pigeons that had obviously been out on the beer and curry the night before...

Didn't notice until Satuday afternoon, by which time, said deposits had set harder than the bonnet they were deposited on.

Frantically washed and cleaned but am now left with two patches on my bonnet lacquer that have "etched" the lacquer.

What do I use to restore my bonnet to it's former glory...????

Where can I hire a flock of starving, pigeon-hating peregrines at short notice and show them a picture of a pigeon in bed with Mrs Peregine.......

AncientOfMu
12-05-2008, 09:52 AM
If they have etched into the laquer you will need to remove a small layer of laquer using an abrasive polish until the etched bits are level (if ya know what i mean). easiest with a machine polisher however, a question....

what polishing stuff do you have at your disposal??

WITZ66
12-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Thanks for reply...

Bit of everything really, TCUT, Autoglym,etc....

Anything specifically recommended...????

As for mechanical aids, limited to elbow grease, would a pucker polishing pad on a drill be any good...????

AncientOfMu
12-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks for reply...

Bit of everything really, TCUT, Autoglym,etc....

Anything specifically recommended...????

As for mechanical aids, limited to elbow grease, would a pucker polishing pad on a drill be any good...????

For now I would just use Autoglym SRP. Work it well.

DO NOT ATTACH ANYTHING TO A DRILL AND POLISH.

unless you want to pay for a respray.

Whereabouts in the country are you?

WITZ66
12-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Oxfordshire....Didcot

Royston is over Cambridge/Newmarket way isn't it...???

There are a couple of scratches, stone chips on her anyway...Is this the sort of work that Chips Away and the like would be able to undertake?? I've seen this guys van wandering around my area from time to time...

AncientOfMu
12-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Oxfordshire....Didcot

Royston is over Cambridge/Newmarket way isn't it...???

There are a couple of scratches, stone chips on her anyway...Is this the sort of work that Chips Away and the like would be able to undertake?? I've seen this guys van wandering around my area from time to time...

Ill PM you.

Kieran
12-05-2008, 10:58 AM
Any chance of a picture to see the damage?

TAR
12-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Any chance of a picture to see the damage?

Why would you want to see a dead pigeon??:inquisiti