PDA

View Full Version : Asking price for a low mileage 2001 V6 Sport estate?

MikeKey
13-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Now I have my VR-4 I (very reluctantly) need to sell the V6 Sport estate.

Parkers.co.uk reckon around £2,500 for a good late year (September) 2001 example, but that's for a car that's done 70,000 miles and mine's only done 29,000.

It's lowered 3cm on recently refurbished and resprayed alloys, (though I have the original springs and alloys too), and has almost new Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s all round.

Besides a small scrape on the front left bumper corner and some grazed clear coat on the rear right bumper corner, the bodywork is in good condition with no visible rust at all. The interior is cloth and, though the driver's seat is starting to look a bit faded, none of it is damaged. The rest of the interior is fine, and everything works as it should.

There's a Kenwood 2-din DVD player mounted in the dash, which is also connected up to an XBox in the boot.

Anyone have any suggestions what sort of money I should be asking?

Nick Mann
13-05-2008, 01:48 PM
£50 and I'll buy it now!

Seriously - I have no idea. It's a rare example of a rare car. I'd advertise it for what you think its worth, and then sell it for what you think you'll get! If there's nothing on autotrader or ebay of a similar nature, then go with Parkers and your own weighting.

MikeKey
13-05-2008, 02:50 PM
I've just had a nose around on eBay, Pistonheads and Autotrader and prices seem to vary between £2500 for older cars and £4000 for low mileage ones. I'm not sure where Parkers come up with their valuations but they seem way off!

I'll advertise it for something around £3,500 and see what happens!

Rambaud
13-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Quite difficult to value such a low mileage but old car.

Is is Auto or manual? Full service history? What about a cambelt change?

bradc
13-05-2008, 08:01 PM
I'd say put it up at 3500 and just leave it on there for a little while and see what happens.

You could always sell it to Pezza?

MikeKey
14-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Quite difficult to value such a low mileage but old car.

Is is Auto or manual? Full service history? What about a cambelt change?

It's an auto and has had every yearly service at the local Mitsi dealer bar one I think which was just an oil change before I bought it. The cambelt, etc. was done on the 5 year service at around 20,000 miles. I'll double check that when I get home tonight.

The ATF hasn't been changed, but the colour is good and the shifts are very quick and smooth. It's never towed anything.

I think that's why it'll be so hard to see it go, it's just such a lovely car to look at and drive, smooth and refined, but quick too.

I'll get some newer pictures posted in my gallery as the ones in there are pretty old now. It's a damn good looking car IMHO! I'll get some pics up of it with the VR4 too, it's an interesting comparison!

MikeKey
05-06-2008, 11:31 PM
Well the V6 was sold tonight and will be going to its new home on Monday. I'm sad to see it go as it was my first car, and a really good one at that!

Then again, I got more than I expected for it in the end, (over 4K), and with some of that going towards Brembos, wheels and tyres for the VR4, I suspect I'll get over it soon enough! :happy:

Paul Beazer
06-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Your first car was a V6 sport?! Luicky you! My first was a mk.1 1.8 sierra L rust box!